Children can sue parents to fund overseas uni education

Jman888

On 9/1/2019 at 1:35 AM, Throttle2 said:

Welcome to Singapore!

😕

I really feel we as a society should not progress like this. As in progress till young people start sueing parents for not giving them money to go to university education. Somemore this is not local uni but overseas uni. It's just not morality right. 

I feel law minister should come out and say something and or bring this out in Parliament to put this to a stop by amending law to ensure future cases will not allow young people to sue parents because they did not fund for children University.

If parents did not fund them for university, so be it, they still can work their way up by ownself work partime, take the hardship. Or even better no need go take uni and then go out work early and gain experience early, and who knows, we may even see one self made billionaire who did not attend university in young life. 

If we allow this sueing to continue, it would be damaging to the society in future. Imagine more and more young people does that by sueing parents in future. How damaging our society it is? Like that singapore will be in a degrading nation and not progressing nation with young people get more and more spoilt kids and thinking that what they want means they can get it. They could even sue their parents to get what they want. Is this the society we want singapore to progress in the future? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

11 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Sue doesn't mean will get also. They will look into parents income and whether they can afford or not.

The father in this case is quite well-off I think. But it Is quite a silly law I agree.

Even if parents is rich. I feel that if they do not sponsor them to university education, outsider law makers should not set in.

1st. There is more then going to university then to learn the correct mindset. Or not being a spoilt kids.

2nd. If this young people get the way he want by successful sueing father for not sponsoring child for university education, then it will sent a very wrong signal to all young people that, now they will think that.. Ah ha.. If parents don't sponsor me for university education, I just sue them. Not morally right. So I how the judge will lean to the father side and reject the young kids the right to get money for his father to give money to go to university education overseas. If father don't want to sponsor, so be it. Be a grown man and work his way up instead of being a spoilt kids. 

This case will set precident for future cases, and will determine how young people will think and shape in their character too. So it not only affect one person, but as a society as a whole in future. 

7 hours ago, Kb27 said:

The fact is:

You are encouraged to sue your parents for an overseas U education, not the basic primary or secondary schooling.

Is there something not terribly wrong here ?

Ya lor, I feel the parents right to ensure their kids to go to education should stop at the end of secondary school. After that, if parents don't want to sponsor, so be it. By then the young teenagers will be old enough to start thinking on his feet and work his/her way to the goal. Not the other way round. 

On 9/1/2019 at 12:57 AM, Turboflat4 said:

So...

Grown ass children can sue their parents for further educational support. 

But noone can sue the gahmen for a place lost in a prestigious Uni cos of NS. 

Makes total sense.

First...I'd say sue govt cos of losing place in LOCAL  uni cos of free load FT. ... same govt who say degree not important but mass import FT grads and students while parents spend coffin capital sending kids overseas.. kids who then are accused of being quitters...

But of course.. when ministers kids "quit" is ok.. cannot say. 🙄

Edited by Playtime
  • Praise 1

Children should definitly not be allow to sue their parents for university education. Parents should at least provide education up till either JC or Polytechnic. But beyond that, it should be at the discretion of the parents. Even in the west, kids are suppose to take study loans to fund their own universities studies. University studies aren't cheap and unless u graduate from the good ones. Having a degree from the crap universities are as good as not having one. 🙄

19 minutes ago, maxsee333 said:

Children should definitly not be allow to sue their parents for university education. Parents should at least provide education up till either JC or Polytechnic. But beyond that, it should be at the discretion of the parents. Even in the west, kids are suppose to take study loans to fund their own universities studies. University studies aren't cheap and unless u graduate from the good ones. Having a degree from the crap universities are as good as not having one. 🙄

I'd agree but someone needs to be the guarantor for the study loan too. 

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

First...I'd say sue govt cos of losing place in LOCAL  uni cos of free load FT. ... same govt who say degree not important but mass import FT grads and students while parents spend coffin capital sending kids overseas.. kids who then are accused of being quitters...

But of course.. when ministers kids "quit" is ok.. cannot say. 🙄

Foreign students get a fully paid ride while locals gotta sue their parents.

31 minutes ago, maxsee333 said:

I think many found out the hard way...no degree won't even get your application read.. but a crap degree will at least put you in the "IN" tray and not the shredder. 

Even fake degree also better than none .. at least it looks so in the ceca ida case. 

• Praise 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:41 PM, Kb27 said:

My parents were poor. My father doesn't work, my mom can hardly make enough money to put food on the table, much less pay for a local U edu.

Now we have a law that allows me to sue my mother to get an oversea education.

Is there something wrong with this country ?

Hmm...not outright so simple lah. There are criterias and one of which must be parents can afford.  Common sense lah. Parents cannot afford how to send? 

Bring up kiddos right. Most parents go temple, church etc pray kids can study. Happier if can win scholarships to help. 

This case interesting. Made alot of rich parents worried and kiddos happy. Can go overseas stay liao, free, parents paid. Anyways can sue parents, relationship not healthy liao. 

If kids can study and some parents even if cannot really afford, they are willing to go thru hardships to support their kid's education, no need for law or lawsuit to do so. 

Just my tots

Safe ride

Cheers 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Yewheng said:

I really feel we as a society should not progress like this. As in progress till young people start sueing parents for not giving them money to go to university education. Somemore this is not local uni but overseas uni. It's just not morality right. 

I feel law minister should come out and say something and or bring this out in Parliament to put this to a stop by amending law to ensure future cases will not allow young people to sue parents because they did not fund for children University.

If parents did not fund them for university, so be it, they still can work their way up by ownself work partime, take the hardship. Or even better no need go take uni and then go out work early and gain experience early, and who knows, we may even see one self made billionaire who did not attend university in young life. 

If we allow this sueing to continue, it would be damaging to the society in future. Imagine more and more young people does that by sueing parents in future. How damaging our society it is? Like that singapore will be in a degrading nation and not progressing nation with young people get more and more spoilt kids and thinking that what they want means they can get it. They could even sue their parents to get what they want. Is this the society we want singapore to progress in the future? 

I agree with you

If the kids can go to the extend to demand or expect his or her parents to do, it is also the doings of the parents. The parents must have spoilt and spoonfed their kids to everything they want since young. Till now when they grow up, it becomes a take for granted thingy to them in their life.

It is sad case. Not sure it is parents' fault or children's fault..

Haiiii