Jump to content
Jman888

Children can sue parents to fund overseas uni education

Recommended Posts

Not a normal case. Parents divorced when kid was young. Probably the new spouse(s) don't want to support this kid overseas education (because not a good track record in studies), so he had to sue his original parents.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Dun like that la. Not everybody is the tak chek type mah.

Overseas uni got $$$ can already.

Yeah, not everyone is made for studying. I am also not.

 

But don't throw good money after bad la.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kusje said:

Yeah, not everyone is made for studying. I am also not.

 

But don't throw good money after bad la. If he can't study, why is he looking to waste more money on studying?

 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kusje said:

Yeah, not everyone is made for studying. I am also not.

 

But don't throw good money after bad la.

is the parents money who he probably hated most, could be the way he wants to get back, enjoy life overseas and paid by them, why not? 😅

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

is the parents money who he probably hated most, could be the way he wants to get back, enjoy life overseas and paid by them, why not? 😅

That's actually the father's counterarguement which wasn't accepted.

That the son just wanted to use the money and go overseas to have fun cuz he is gay.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of shitty law is this ?

Women's Charter again. They should be banned instead.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

What kind of shitty law is this ?

Women's Charter again. They should be banned instead.

My parents were poor. My father doesn't work, my mom can hardly make enough money to put food on the table, much less pay for a local U edu.

Now we have a law that allows me to sue my mother to get an oversea education.

Is there something wrong with this country ?

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 years old cannot take study loan?   

The motive is questionable. If father pays out of love for 22 years old, it is fine but to sue?  

Noone owes him a living at that age. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

22 years old cannot take study loan?   

The motive is questionable. If father pays out of love for 22 years old, it is fine but to sue?  

Noone owes him a living at that age. 


Actually I don't want to say this but after see your post my fingers suddenly become very itchy, so itchy.........................................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I lot of young colleagues also think the world owes them a living leh :gangs:, complain about everything but themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be allowed to sue the gahmen for not giving us free U education.

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...

Grown ass children can sue their parents for further educational support. 

But noone can sue the gahmen for a place lost in a prestigious Uni cos of NS. 

Makes total sense.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 5:41 PM, Kb27 said:

My parents were poor. My father doesn't work, my mom can hardly make enough money to put food on the table, much less pay for a local U edu.

Now we have a law that allows me to sue my mother to get an oversea education.

Is there something wrong with this country ?

Sue doesn't mean will get also. They will look into parents income and whether they can afford or not.

The father in this case is quite well-off I think. But it Is quite a silly law I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Sue doesn't mean will get also. They will look into parents income and whether they can afford or not.

The father in this case is quite well-off I think. But it Is quite a silly law I agree.

The fact is:

You are encouraged to sue your parents for an overseas U education, not the basic primary or secondary schooling.

Is there something not terribly wrong here ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kb27 said:

The fact is:

You are encouraged to sue your parents for an overseas U education, not the basic primary or secondary schooling.

Is there something not terribly wrong here ?

Yeah la. It sends mixed messages. So does this mean uni education is a requirement now, since parents MUST support their children to go uni?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kb27 said:

The fact is:

You are encouraged to sue your parents for an overseas U education, not the basic primary or secondary schooling.

Is there something not terribly wrong here ?

actually can sue if he can prove the dad is spending more money on small three than his uni fee 😂

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×