2019 Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class (X247)

SGCMHello

20 minutes ago, Jev said:

I am legitimately considering new sorento vs glb35.

New sorento styling quite nice. Interior not bad, but not merc good (frankly the new A class style interior is not only class leading but its better then GLC/GLE). More space but it's a bigger car. The GLB amazingly roomy inside given how average sized it is on the outside.

GLB35 different league.

👍

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Univ3r5e said:

Wahlao eh, you all want to bring up the topic in the same thread how many times...

There's already a conclusion reached many pages ago:

(i) My money, so my daiji;

(ii) My feelings when I look at the car, and sit in the car, so my daiji;

(iii) My preference of (comfort/ergonomics/tech) over speed, so my daiji.

In conclusion, don't care what others think. Think with your heart (and wallet) and go for whatever makes you happy.

Very true. You have arrived once you don't bother with what others think. They are not important in your life. 

If still worried about what other think of you because of the car(s) you drive, then good luck! 

• Praise 4

Just drove past a white GLB200 

first impression - lower quality 

not usual Mercy standard 

so i guess  they succeeded 

GLC250 already so bread and butter but GLB200 takes the cake

maybe they trying to see how low a category they can go. 

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 1

^There’s always the A/GLA/CLAs if you want to compare down though. I don’t think the GLB is bad - the interior is class leading, even better than the facelifted GLC, just that how the car looks from the back takes some getting used to. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Univ3r5e said:

^There’s always the A/GLA/CLAs if you want to compare down though. I don’t think the GLB is bad - the interior is class leading, even better than the facelifted GLC, just that how the car looks from the back takes some getting used to. 

Yes, agreed. GLB looks quite good both interior and exterior. Quality also better.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:10 PM, Volvobrick said:

Very true. You have arrived once you don't bother with what others think. They are not important in your life. 

If still worried about what other think of you because of the car(s) you drive, then good luck! 

Both the rich and poor still bothers  about what others think if not merc won’t be selling well🤣

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Univ3r5e said:

Yes interior is class leading. that class only.  

Exterior just a bit cheap looking especially if color is white, somehow. 
you bought one? Just enjoy it

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Yes interior is class leading. that class only.  

Exterior just a bit cheap looking especially if color is white, somehow. 
you bought one? Just enjoy it

No, I went for the cheaper looking GLA cause I liked the shape better haha. Really considered the X3 for that 195k but we didn't want such a big car, and the X1 was looking a little dated.

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Univ3r5e said:

No, I went for the cheaper looking GLA cause I liked the shape better haha. Really considered the X3 for that 195k but we didn't want such a big car, and the X1 was looking a little dated.

On the contrary, the GLA is not cheaper looking.  

Question for people that got their merc from C&C.

Any idea how long does the paint protection sealant last? Would it be advisable to skip the free package and go straight for the ceramic coating

11 hours ago, MathieuWong said:

Question for people that got their merc from C&C.

Any idea how long does the paint protection sealant last? Would it be advisable to skip the free package and go straight for the ceramic coating

It depends on how it was washed after paint protection (regardless of PPS).

I outsource washing to the groomer.

7 years, still kim kim goot goot.

• Praise 3

Test drove GLB180 today.. Surprisingly 130hp did quite a good job. Steering is quite light. Not sure if it is the setting. As for the aircon, my 2 gals age 6 and 7, didn't complain once the car started. They complain hot when they enter but feedback it was OK after we start the car. We set the aircon to auto 20 degrees. Cannot feel that it is 9.9 sec 0-100 type of car. Maybe is the DCT. Drive feel very similar to my current jetta. Maybe Jetta also abt the same HP. Test drove c class before GLB180, C Class pick up is more laggy.

SE said no more auto park feature for new batches of merc car. He said EU cannot certified it. I guess this is bulls**t.

Anyway, the deal is not sweet enough for me to put my money. I guess they r not hungry. I will just wait after CNY.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

It depends on how it was washed after paint protection (regardless of PPS).

I outsource washing to the groomer.

7 years, still kim kim goot goot.

Didnt thought much into it when I chose to go with black 😩

I’m self washing with a jet washer once a week, so I’m just curious how long the PPS could last. 
My car is also parked outdoors most of the time hence I was looking into ceramic coating. 

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, khee76 said:

SE said no more auto park feature for new batches of merc car. He said EU cannot certified it. I guess this is bulls**t.

I heard the same thing from my SE too. Can't be right? I see the car reviews from UK and US still showcasing the autopark. The new S Class even has next gen autopark features.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:22 PM, Spring said:

GLB180 with 130hp is in Cat A COE?

Yes, the 129hp (96KW) GLB180 falls under Cat A COE. As I have shared previously, GLB180 will help C&C in 2 way, by lowering the bar for potential buyers to get into the 3 point star family, or selling its "higher" grade GLB200 and GLB250 at a premium (if buyer opt to upgrade to these variants).

The price of GLB250 is too close to GLB35 AMG. If I have a budget of $220K, I will go for the latter without any hesitation. On the other hand, if I don't need a 5+2 seater, the GLC200 (C&C unit) or GLC300 (PI unit) would be a better buy, and not forgetting there are also several choice in this price bracket, including but not limited to Audi Q5, BMW X3, LR Discovery Sport, Lexus NX300, Volvo XC60, etc. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9