2019 Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class (X247)

SGCMHello

the key now is how is cnc going to price this model.. almost same size as GLC. will it be cheaper like below 200k? or more expensive than GLC. if price cheaper then GLC will bein trouble...and this GLB has some form of GLK

I also mentioned before price is the key factor esp in Singapore.

Hierarchy wise it shld be priced between GLA n GLC but will it? 7 seater thus being more practical than GLC might cause it to be priced at GLC price or perhaps even more but then again GLB has an entry level 1.3l so it can n shld be priced lower than GLC which would mean below $200k at today’s prices. Just my thoughts.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Basically the 5 seater GLB200 will be priced between GLA and GLC based on 5 seats arrangement comparison.

7 seater pricing will be interesting.

• Praise 1

From these photos, the boxier GLB look much like a smaller GLS, than close sibling to the GLC. Just look at rear window and the C-pillar. And can also confirm that the bonnet is shorter than the GLC (which translate to more interior space), thanks to the transverse engine layout.

mercedes-benz_glb-klasse_edition_1_7_07d

mercedes-benz_gls-klasse_753_096d09ec0eb

mercedes-benz_glc_300_d_4matic_amg_line_

mercedes-benz_glb-klasse_edition_1_72_05

mercedes-benz_gls-klasse_7_071a04ba17340

mercedes-amg_glc_63_s_4matic_63_0784055d

mercedes-benz_glb-klasse_edition_1_63_0a

mercedes-benz_gls-klasse_16_089509e10f4d

mercedes-benz_glc_300_d_4matic_amg_line_

• Praise 9

Basically the 5 seater GLB200 will be priced between GLA and GLC based on 5 seats arrangement comparison.

7 seater pricing will be interesting.

extra 2 seat will be under additional equipment and accessories options [idea]

thus RRP can be much lower  [rolleyes]

PS. features in/on test or showroom cars may not be standard  :grin:

• Praise 1

I am going to predict...... GLB will take over GLC in the PI market. 

Currently on the road/carpark, for every 10 GLCs I see, 7comes from PI. 2 main factors, price and availability. 

C&C single Ad's allocation cannot fight PI sourced from dealers all over UK/HK. 

After experiencing C&C's level of service for the past 2 years of ownership, I would have taken the chance and gone PI route  (saving a pretty penny) if I am to do it all over again. 

I also mentioned before price is the key factor esp in Singapore.

Hierarchy wise it shld be priced between GLA n GLC but will it? 7 seater thus being more practical than GLC might cause it to be priced at GLC price or perhaps even more but then again GLB has an entry level 1.3l so it can n shld be priced lower than GLC which would mean below $200k at today’s prices. Just my thoughts.

• Praise 4

Currently on the road/carpark, for every 10 GLCs I see, 7comes from PI. 2 main factors, price and availability.

After experiencing C&C's level of service for the past 2 years of ownership, I would have taken the chance and gone PI route (saving a pretty penny) if I am to do it all over again.

When the GLC was launched by C&C, there was at least a 6-9mth waiting list if I remember correctly. This worked 2 ways as this created a hype over the car due to the anticipation of getting your hands on it n it’s as if u strike lottery if u could get it first but then the PIs came in n their waiting time was much faster n slowly the euphoria died down esp as the GLC coupe also came along.

Anyway, if the principal does the same thing n allocates small numbers here then history would repeat itself n majority will go PI again. This car has the potential to sell well here esp with the imminent exit of the BMW GT so C&C has to play their card right but I just sense they or maybe it’s the principal doesn’t seem bothered.

• Praise 2

(edited)

will there be a GLB43AMG?

35 yes, 43/45 not sure.

After experiencing C&C's level of service for the past 2 years of ownership, I would have taken the chance and gone PI route  (saving a pretty penny) if I am to do it all over again. 

whats wrong with C&C service

Edited by TangoElite

When the GLC was launched by C&C, there was at least a 6-9mth waiting list if I remember correctly. This worked 2 ways as this created a hype over the car due to the anticipation of getting your hands on it n it’s as if u strike lottery if u could get it first but then the PIs came in n their waiting time was much faster n slowly the euphoria died down esp as the GLC coupe also came along.

Anyway, if the principal does the same thing n allocates small numbers here then history would repeat itself n majority will go PI again. This car has the potential to sell well here esp with the imminent exit of the BMW GT so C&C has to play their card right but I just sense they or maybe it’s the principal doesn’t seem bothered.

Production will start from Autumn in a new factory.  Hopefully the production projection will be much more accurate.

Since we have a small market, it will be in the list of least important market.

Likely to be demand more than supply again

Production will start from Autumn in a new factory. Hopefully the production projection will be much more accurate.

Since we have a small market, it will be in the list of least important market.

Likely to be demand more than supply again

Unfortunately, that’s true that we are insignificant to demand more units.

That said, C&C shld put some pressure on principal for more allocation even if it maybe futile. I seldom see PML having this issue on allocation so wonder why this seems to be a Benz issue?

• Praise 4

Unfortunately, that’s true that we are insignificant to demand more units.

That said, C&C shld put some pressure on principal for more allocation even if it maybe futile. I seldom see PML having this issue on allocation so wonder why this seems to be a Benz issue?

It might be BMW Asia more hungry.  BMW sales is lagging behind Merc.

Hypersonic

personally, i find GLB too boxy for my liking.  other than that, it looks rugged on the outside, nice on the inside.

GLC SUV hits sweet spot between GLB and GLC Coupe 

not many would go 7 seater SUV like mazda cx9, xc90, audi q7, xtrail, etc if frequent ferrying >5pax

if so...go for MPV is better option i feel.  

should GLB priced similar as GLC SUV, maybe can sell better than latter (for the extra space and those who do not mind boxy look). additional choice for buyers  [thumbsup]

• Praise 6

Those A class platform based AMGs will have 35/45 moniker

Those C class and above platform AMGs will still keep to 43/63 moniker. 

Don't ask me whet though.... 

GLB45

43 will be phased out soon.

Those A class platform based AMGs will have 35/45 moniker

Those C class and above platform AMGs will still keep to 43/63 moniker. 

Don't ask me whet though.... 

43 will be phased out gradually.

Replaced by 53.

FWD platform will be 35/45

RWD platform will be 53/63.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3