2019 Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class (X247)

SGCMHello

21 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

don't be offended bro. everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

dont need to justify our own choices as along as didnt steal, beg or borrow haha

👍👍

↡ Advertisement

On 10/13/2020 at 2:05 PM, ferrytales said:

mazda 6 2.0 exec costs 120k which is still cheaper than an entry level A180 or GLA180 based on PI pricing, lets not even compare AD pricing. 

The only 2 things I think is going for it is: Space and the Made-in-Japan stamp.

All other things like power, ride quality, insulation, equipment level, engine smoothness and responsiveness is very B&B and 100K korean cars can give it a good run for the money.

If money is not an issue, I don't think i will choose the Mazda 6 2.0 if I'm looking at just these 3 cars. Will probably take the GLA 180 because it has:

1) Much more powerful (at least on the 0-100)

2) Much nicer and modern interior

3) Probably much quieter ride as well

4) Likely to be more fuel efficient

5) Turbo charged engine + DCT gearbox will make overtaking much more easier than the 2.0 NA engine.

6) Superior infotainment system

7) Probably better safety equipment level 

8 ) Lower road tax

9) It's an SUV (subjective as some people like the high seating position)

Of course, there is a big caveat.. I must be willing to top up another 20K or so for the GLA180. Hmm... hard choice ain't it? 120K for a mazda 6 or 140K for a GLA 180.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1

22 hours ago, Hondaes8 said:

GLB in GCB... Err..It is probably the car that their children drive to Poly or Uni.... 😉 

or probably their 4th or 5th car 😁

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, wlalala said:

C&C Spec sheet:

image.png

VXuJnQS.png

Price: GLB200 Progressive - $182,888

You are driving a facelift Sharan right? From your point of view, will you change to this (or the new Sorento)?

For me, I am yet to find a suitable replacement for my coming to 4 year old Sharan, in term of space and power. My wife does prefer a smaller ride than our current MPV (when she is driving) but the whole family enjoy the plentiful of space during out outing (including the full size seat in the last row), so I guess it will stick with us for a long time and breaking my record of ownership period (which is not a bad thing for my wallet).

GLB

mercedes-benz_glb_250_4matic_amg_line_38

mercedes-benz_glb_250_4matic_amg_line_95

Sharan

autowp.ru_volkswagen_sharan_53.jpg

• Praise 7

34 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

You are driving a facelift Sharan right? From your point of view, will you change to this (or the new Sorento)?

For me, I am yet to find a suitable replacement for my coming to 4 year old Sharan, in term of space and power. My wife does prefer a smaller ride than our current MPV (when she is driving) but the whole family enjoy the plentiful of space during out outing (including the full size seat in the last row), so I guess it will stick with us for a long time and breaking my record of ownership period (which is not a bad thing for my wallet).

was looking at xc90 and discovery(the 3rd row is super spacious and comfy) right before cb, the prices were very attractive then. but well women scared of big car so didn't get in the end. Ultimately the critical factor is the third row seat, I haven't seen it in person yet. If the space is acceptable then yes it is a viable option. still wish we got the disco though...

Edited by wlalala
  • Praise 1

The much awaited exciting GLB is finally here. 

*GLB200 Progressive*: 182,888 
Launch discount: 2,000                            (this weekend only) 
Invoice price: *180,888.00 *

* 5,000 overtrade 
* 3,000 service credit 
* 800 AIG insurance credit 
* local accessories 

min loan and AIG insurance applies

• Praise 4

18 minutes ago, wlalala said:

was looking at xc90 and discovery(the 3rd row is super spacious and comfy) right before cb, the prices were very attractive then. but well women scared of big car so didn't get in the end. Ultimately the critical factor is the third row seat, I haven't seen it in person yet. If the space is acceptable then yes it is a viable option. still wish we got the disco though...

Yep XC90 and Disco are proper 3 row SUVs.  XC90 is probably my favourite in this class. Disco has a bit of a weird design though - the 3rd row is ok, but the second row floor is too high, so if you are 1.70m and above, you may not have the best thigh support in the second row. 

I checked out the GLB and came away impressed.  It has its limitations, but literally ticks all the boxes - decent space in all 3 rows (think better than Disco Sport and X-Trail in 3rd row), solid build quality, badge value, decent drive/power, acceptable price range ($150 to 200k at PIs depending on options).  Purists will point to puny 1.3L engine, front wheel drive, no boot space, limited 3rd row space, but reality dictates that you need to make trade offs to achieve a price target.  And on that front, I think Mercedes did an amazing job balancing the trade-offs. 

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Rickster said:

I didn't know the GLE is a 7 seater. I've been seeing my neighbour's GLE for the past 6 months and it never occured to me its a 7 seater.

Perhaps its the way they design the GLE. If u look at the toyota scienta and honda freed, they r 7 seaters too. I'm about 1.75m and I've sat in my friend's freed 3rd row. It's cramped but not something that is terrible. 

Depends if it’s the W166 or W167 . 166 only 5 seater but 167 comes as a 5 or 7 seater . 

Actually the GLB is very nice looking , interior wise it’s also very modern looking and am sure it’s a pretty nice car . But the third row is really cramped until .... . Would be a nice 5 seater with generous boot space , which is why I dun get it when merc try to sell it mainly as a 7 seater . 

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

Depends if it’s the W166 or W167 . 166 only 5 seater but 167 comes as a 5 or 7 seater . 

Actually the GLB is very nice looking , interior wise it’s also very modern looking and am sure it’s a pretty nice car . But the third row is really cramped until .... . Would be a nice 5 seater with generous boot space , which is why I dun get it when merc try to sell it mainly as a 7 seater . 

Its the W167, I guess his is probably the 5 seater that's y it does not look long at all....Just freaking huge and tall (in my opinion), it makes one his other car, a BMW X1 looks so puny in comparison 😅

17 hours ago, wlalala said:

Oh wow this is interesting...

JOOQpS0.png
v93wjSy.png

Mercedes-AMG GLB 35 4MATIC - $231,888

Ooooh.....looks tempting 

Wonder what's the nett nett real sell price?

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Hubwee said:

GLB has a 5 seater version but C&C doesn’t bring in as it may eat into GLC sales n as they lacking a mid size MPV, bringing the 7 seater version makes sense especially as the BMW 216GT will be discontinued after this model runs out.

• Praise 5

2 minutes ago, Soya said:

Ooooh.....looks tempting 

Wonder what's the nett nett real sell price?

The GLB35 listed price is lower than PI's price which I refer from SGCarmart.  But seems like there are many options to tick such as the Driver Assistance Package, 20" wheels, HUD, steering wheels + buttons and it could easily add another 30k... without these options looks very barebone....

2 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

The GLB35 listed price is lower than PI's price which I refer from SGCarmart.  But seems like there are many options to tick such as the Driver Assistance Package, 20" wheels, HUD, steering wheels + buttons and it could easily add another 30k... without these options looks very barebone....

Too many electronics can PI ah beng workshop handle or not? 

19 hours ago, Rickster said:

I didn't know the GLE is a 7 seater. I've been seeing my neighbour's GLE for the past 6 months and it never occured to me its a 7 seater.

Perhaps its the way they design the GLE. If u look at the toyota scienta and honda freed, they r 7 seaters too. I'm about 1.75m and I've sat in my friend's freed 3rd row. It's cramped but not something that is terrible. 

U need to know freed and sienta has low ground clearance and low floor base. So u can fit a big sofa in sienta boot but not in suv like glb or sorento. 

• Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

even after adding 30+k of options, it is still around the same price as PI

surely PIs have to revise their price to stay competitive

Edited by wlalala

6 minutes ago, Soya said:

Too many electronics can PI ah beng workshop handle or not? 

I thought buy from PI is like orphan child.  Ownself settle ownself.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

I thought buy from PI is like orphan child.  Ownself settle ownself.

PI buy simple jap car like Fit, Vezel ok lah

Luxury conti min 40k cheaper maybe can consider. Set aside 50% of the savings to ownself settle ownself

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3