2019 Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class (X247)

SGCMHello

On 10/16/2020 at 2:00 PM, Ceecookie said:

OMG, 2nd row also no aircon vent for C&C unit. On a hot day, I wonder how stuffy the 3rd row occupents will be with airflow from the front only 😱

mercedes-benz-glb-backseat.jpg

A $80k+ Korea car have rear aircon. A $160k MB no rear aircon......

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

1 hour ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

Just booked the GLB200 Red color and estimated car delivery date is Jan/Feb 2021.

Congrats! I always believe the ones who talk the least are the ones who action the most 😄

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, Hubwee said:

Depends if it’s the W166 or W167 . 166 only 5 seater but 167 comes as a 5 or 7 seater . 

Actually the GLB is very nice looking , interior wise it’s also very modern looking and am sure it’s a pretty nice car . But the third row is really cramped until .... . Would be a nice 5 seater with generous boot space , which is why I dun get it when merc try to sell it mainly as a 7 seater . 

Think of it as predominantly a 5 seater with the flexibility of having 2 additional seats which are road legal when necessary. Then it makes more sense....

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

19 hours ago, andersseanx said:

You are right. My annual income is above 200k and I drive an A Class. I'm a badge whore 😞

I should have save some money and go for a Mazda 6.

5MjvSyjl[1].jpg

Ahemmm.....be careful posting that in MCF. Some of the richie riche sifu here gonna tell u 200k shld take Mercedes bus instead....

• Haha! 4

5 minutes ago, Soya said:

Ahemmm.....be careful posting that in MCF. Some of the richie riche sifu here gonna tell u 200k shld take Mercedes bus instead....

Aiyo why so defensive must show tax return. Billionaire like Trump also so humble don’t show tax return.

anyway Singapore is a great place to sell entry level Mercedes la. CLA and GLA more common than vios and Corolla nowadays, great success for C&C. GLB will follow suit, who cares about the cramped last row when you are driving a Merc

• Haha! 4

22 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

Aiyo why so defensive must show tax return. Billionaire like Trump also so humble don’t show tax return.

anyway Singapore is a great place to sell entry level Mercedes la. CLA and GLA more common than vios and Corolla nowadays, great success for C&C. GLB will follow suit, who cares about the cramped last row when you are driving a Merc

Ya the badge overwrites any discomfort🤣

• Haha! 2

Hmm why so much dislike for a car that's designed to be an entry level 5+2 crossover. Don't get it lol.

The c&c version is just poorly speced vs the pi versions right. 

Some people just want to occasionally ferry grandparents and put their kids in last row lor. 

• Praise 8

19 hours ago, mistedframe said:

Haha it's good that he did so to prove a point though. The @ferrytales fella has been going around forums giving his two cents on people's purchases which can border on being irksome, especially if the thread are usually patronised by people who genuinely want to discuss about a certain brand or model of car. 

I don't usually like to comment and I do believe that everyone is entitled to their views but I don't see any issue if someone can well afford a Merc and chooses to buy one even though it might be perceived as less "value for money" than MIJ makes. After all, one can also argue that the Mazda is a tin can and it's safety aspects are not worth saving that 20k 😉 

Well i want to show (although i dont earn much) that even one could afford higher class doesn't mean he/she should quit looking down on other people choices

And i am not the kind that believes in spending all my salary on a ride that merely last 10 years. Car is not something i want to trade my bread and butter over with. I still want to live in "style" rather than driving a big car to prove my "status"

Edited by andersseanx
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Of course there are much richer individuals. If they drive "low entry conti"(using the words used by fairy) and earn high can also post here to prove a point. Driving low entry conti doesnt mean anything. Is just a choice one made and not a good assessment of one's status

Edited by andersseanx
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Hmm why so much dislike for a car that's designed to be an entry level 5+2 crossover. Don't get it lol.

The c&c version is just poorly speced vs the pi versions right. 

Some people just want to occasionally ferry grandparents and put their kids in last row lor. 

Yah if die die want proper 7 seater can get Viano instead

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Scholesy said:

Congrats! I always believe the ones who talk the least are the ones who action the most 😄

No money to buy can only talk more, cannot action🤣

Edited by Ginyu

Please lah, can all of you stop the debate and nonsense about badge whore, what a poor man or rich man should get, Mercedes vs Kia/Hyundai/Mazda/etc. comparison?! 

The thread is about Mercedes-Benz GLB and let stick to it, no more personal attack please. 

Value proposition is very personal and subjective. Please do NOT impose your view and value onto others. Everyone is entitled to their own view and choice. As long as the buyer can afford and is happy with his/her choice, what's wrong with buying entry level Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc.? 

• Praise 23

Can any one confirm that this GLB from C&C is without rear aircon vents again. I believe the GLB35 is with one.

I understand the A class and B class by C&C also come without rear aircon and that is driving some buyers to get from PI instead, among other factors. 

Can anyone share the reason for C&C to do that? I mean from horse mouth and not hearsay or common sense reason like to cut cost. If is for differentiation with higher variant then bovious is slapping own face as nowadays even a much cheaper jap/korean ride come with one.

32 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Can any one confirm that this GLB from C&C is without rear aircon vents again. I believe the GLB35 is with one.

I understand the A class and B class by C&C also come without rear aircon and that is driving some buyers to get from PI instead, among other factors. 

Can anyone share the reason for C&C to do that? I mean from horse mouth and not hearsay or common sense reason like to cut cost. If is for differentiation with higher variant then bovious is slapping own face as nowadays even a much cheaper jap/korean ride come with one.

They want to force buyers to select the higher priced (margin) models lor! 

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

One word: OMV

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

Mark up margins.

↡ Advertisement