2019 Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class (X247)

SGCMHello

19 hours ago, khee76 said:

ya... kind of crap excuse.. the SE said last year it was certified by EU. This year, it was not. Autopark is default in the car but because it is not certify so it was being locked. nowadays, most Korean cars already come with all these function but Mercedes dun have... really crap.

Maybe they r just trying to save some cost. But i think this is a small issue as most us don't use auto parking feature anyway.

↡ Advertisement

19 hours ago, Spring said:

Torque is more important than hp in our roads and even more so for 7 seater cars. The GLB180 with 200nm torque coming in at 1460 rpm shld be adequate for normal driving. In comparison, the BMW 216GT produces 109hp/190nm torque so about equivalent.

Definitely adequate for buyers who come from the 1.6/1.5L NA engine cars. I have a few friends driving the 216GT/AT and they find the power totally acceptable.

I've also test driven it, power-wise, it really feels like driving a 1.6/1.5L B&B car.

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, ferrytales said:

With mercs having more cars in the cat A category, cat A gonna climb since the three point badge is really impt to people too. 

Not just merc, even PML is introducing the 116i at Cat A category soon as they had just stopped brining in the Cat B 118i.

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Can't compare with kimchi/jap. It's a mercs, people buy the entry models partly for the three pointer. 

I am sure if they sell a barebone a180 or Gla180 with only 2 airbags, people will still buy it without 2nd thoughts. 

Recent 128k promo for a180 after overtrade or whatever nonsense (list price around 150k btw) can buy a full spec camry hybrid or mazda 6. 

But I think the buyers profile looking at these 2 cars are very different. 

• Praise 1

Saw quite a number of GLB on our roads this past weekend. Came up to one from behind, thought the rear looked pretty good. As I passed it, saw from side view and that big squarish lump at the back. Totally looked like a Renault Grand Scenic. Underwhelmed. 

Edited by Ganwb79
  • Haha! 4

13 hours ago, ferrytales said:

heck 130k+ can even buy the octavia with tonnes of spare change which will easily smoke the gla/a class in terms of performance and interior space. sometimes i really dont understand why people wanna buy entry level mercs apart from just that 3 pointed badge.

at that price can even buy a bmw 1 series that drive better too. 

They fall into this income bracket $15000 - $19999  per month so can only afford entry level. Heard  for e200, need min income 30k per month🤣

Edited by Ginyu

14 hours ago, ferrytales said:

heck 130k+ can even buy the octavia with tonnes of spare change which will easily smoke the gla/a class in terms of performance and interior space. sometimes i really dont understand why people wanna buy entry level mercs apart from just that 3 pointed badge.

Just like I also don't understand why people want to buy a Skoda at 130K+ when there are other Jap/Korean options out there that are so much easier to maintain and use (read DSG) and can drive with peace of mind (reliability), generally better resale value, sips fuel etc...😁

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

4 hours ago, sunnymonk said:

Agree with you on many points.

I test drove on Sat and with full load of 7 people. (5 adults including SE with 2 kids) and as much as I wish it had 160hp, the 130hp isn't as bad as what I thought.

Personally I just wish for higher torque to match the car I am driving now. Also agree with steering is like but SE said it's some adaptive steering and when speed is higher the steering won't be so light. I don't know if it is true or BS cos I can't feel it. Am worried about the rear air con though was told can install outside. Then again I don't drive around with 7 people all the time. That only happens once every few months. Sound system was really solid and I can feel the surround sound even from the radio, interior was top notch. Am surprised your SE said no more auto park features for new batches of cars, this I will check.

Am worried about going in now cos prior to CNY, prices always higher I think. Don't know if after CNY prices will be better or not. Price at which they take in my current car is also crap and only looks better once OT is factored in so that is BS as well.

I think it's better to opt for thermotronic aircon at 2.1k coz it's not just the rear vent, but ability to set two different aircon temp (dual zone climate control). 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, ferrytales said:

cause the star can also be used as a shuriken .

image.png.b8ff44eb02494cd48ad47a10e08c38de.png

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ganwb79 said:

Saw quite a number of GLB on our roads this past weekend. Came up to one from behind, thought the rear looked pretty good. As I passed it, saw from side view and that big squarish lump at the back. Totally looked like a Renault Grand Scenic. Underwhelmed. 

The Grand Scenic looks pretty good to me, at least on the outside. And it is quite popular too

3 hours ago, Rickster said:

Just like I also don't understand why people want to buy a Skoda at 130K+ when there are other Jap/Korean options out there that are so much easier to maintain and use (read DSG) and can drive with peace of mind (reliability), generally better resale value, sips fuel etc...😁

but the jap/kimchi cannot churn 240+hp/370+nm leh. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 1

7 hours ago, Univ3r5e said:

I compared the XC40, X1, CX30/5, Tucson, and heck, and even the X3 for the budget I had but went for the GLA200 because the size was right, the interior was top notch, the car was responsive, and the MBUX was intuitive.

Size and speed is not everything la, it depends on how well the designers integrate them also.  

i was referring to the a class/gla180 where the previous gen was really quite barebone. 

gla200 is where the fun comes in with better power and torque. same as a180 vs a200, i cant really make sense of the e180 though which i saw on the roads previously. 

Edited by ferrytales

Similarly, I too cannot comprehend why would people buy a boring camry and not a skoda  superb with a much responsive dsg wet clutch mated to a TC engine. 

To each his own I guess. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

i was referring to the a class/gla180 where the previous gen was really quite barebone. 

gla200 is where the fun comes in with better power and torque. same as a180 vs a200, i cant really make sense of the e180 though which i saw on the roads previously. 

GLA180 is fun to drive and have been driving for 2 years. I do not need to speed and anyway the car is quite fast when overtake. So it is always individual taste. I never like car that too fast. Switching to GLB200 by early Feb as previously GLB180 still not on sale yet. If not I will sure take GLB180.

21 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Similarly, I too cannot comprehend why would people buy a boring camry and not a skoda  superb with a much responsive dsg wet clutch mated to a TC engine. 

To each his own I guess. 

My personal opinion ah, but Skoda (and Audi) needs to find new car designers. Their cars all seem to look like they're stuck in the 80's leh...

The Japs and Koreans have caught up when it comes to progressive sleek designs.

image.png.ed103375f1f7416b29099f64408240b1.png

image.png.c5bcdc3acc40f97cda7426d92c349385.png

22 hours ago, Rickster said:

Maybe they r just trying to save some cost. But i think this is a small issue as most us don't use auto parking feature anyway.

Well.. these are almost standard feature for most premium brand... SE told me, it is not available for C, E, S class for this batch coming in. Only conclusion is that they want to save cost.

15 hours ago, Univ3r5e said:

My personal opinion ah, but Skoda (and Audi) needs to find new car designers. Their cars all seem to look like they're stuck in the 80's leh...

The Japs and Koreans have caught up when it comes to progressive sleek designs.

Koreans i agree hv improved designs that are sleek and eye catching. Japs I’m not so sure. Mazda perhaps better but I don’t see anything nice from Toyota, Honda, Subaru nor Nissan though the upcoming Note seems much better in pics.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4