2019 Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class (X247)

SGCMHello

Their modus operandi is any errors or warranty claim, do software reflash or update... Repeat it  until one bangs table... Then they change the part....

Claim warranty for door trim corrosion not due to wear and tear, had to threaten lawsuit then they agree on repair "out of good will"... Even repair took 3 attempts for a simple panel.... 1st attempt, waited for 1mth for the part, send car in... Called me tell me that the part is blemished.. 

So cannot install... Send my car back... 

2nd attempt, after another month of wait, fixed  but took 1 whole day... Collected... They did not fit the speaker grill properly onto the panel.... Had to call to complain. 

3rd attempt, had to send in again to fix it... 

This kind of service I think any ah beng workshop can do better. 

35 yes, 43/45 not sure.

whats wrong with C&C service

↡ Advertisement

Oh thanks! I stand corrected. 

I had the impression we are talking about X3 vs X5. 

Thanks for the info! 

43 will be phased out gradually.

Replaced by 53.

FWD platform will be 35/45

RWD platform will be 53/63.

Mercedes-AMG GLB 45 Spied For The Very First Time

mercedes-amg-glb-45-spy-photo.jpg

Engine spec can take reference from here:

Mercedes-AMG Most Powerful 4 Cylinders Engine

mercedes-amg-engine-lead.jpg

Look for this engine in the A45, CLA 45, and GLB 45 in the near future.

Mercedes-AMG finally announces the official specs for its new 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that goes under the internal designation M 139. In the higher-spec S trim, the mill offers 416 horsepower (310 kilowatts) and beats the previous-gen A45 with 375 hp (280 kW) to take the title as world's most powerful factory-offered four-cylinder engine ever available in a production vehicle.

Specifically, the S version of the M 139 makes 416 hp at 6,750 rpm and 500 Newton-meters of torque between 5,000 and 5,250 rpm. The redline hits at 7,200 rpm.

There's also a standard variant of the M 139 that produces 382 hp at 6,500 rpm and 480 Newton-meters between 4,750 and 5,000 rpm. The redline is the same 7,200 rpm.

• Praise 7

Mercedes-AMG GLB 45 Spied For The Very First Time

Engine spec can take reference from here:

Mercedes-AMG Most Powerful 4 Cylinders Engine

mercedes-amg-engine-lead.jpg

Look for this engine in the A45, CLA 45, and GLB 45 in the near future.

Mercedes-AMG finally announces the official specs for its new 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that goes under the internal designation M 139. In the higher-spec S trim, the mill offers 416 horsepower (310 kilowatts) and beats the previous-gen A45 with 375 hp (280 kW) to take the title as world's most powerful factory-offered four-cylinder engine ever available in a production vehicle.

Specifically, the S version of the M 139 makes 416 hp at 6,750 rpm and 500 Newton-meters of torque between 5,000 and 5,250 rpm. The redline hits at 7,200 rpm.

There's also a standard variant of the M 139 that produces 382 hp at 6,500 rpm and 480 Newton-meters between 4,750 and 5,000 rpm. The redline is the same 7,200 rpm.

Look like a old forester to me
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Their modus operandi is any errors or warranty claim, do software reflash or update... Repeat it  until one bangs table... Then they change the part....

Claim warranty for door trim corrosion not due to wear and tear, had to threaten lawsuit then they agree on repair "out of good will"... Even repair took 3 attempts for a simple panel.... 1st attempt, waited for 1mth for the part, send car in... Called me tell me that the part is blemished.. 

So cannot install... Send my car back... 

2nd attempt, after another month of wait, fixed  but took 1 whole day... Collected... They did not fit the speaker grill properly onto the panel.... Had to call to complain. 

3rd attempt, had to send in again to fix it... 

This kind of service I think any ah beng workshop can do better. 

you are probably lucky in the 3 attempts to fix it, hopefully they dont accidentally break something else... then cycle starts again.

which is why i'm very weary of local ADs, none of them can get it right.

you are probably lucky in the 3 attempts to fix it, hopefully they dont accidentally break something else... then cycle starts again.

which is why i'm very weary of local ADs, none of them can get it right.

You are spot on! Something else will prop out and it’s never ending with all the time waiting. Sometimes I am wondering if they do all these on purpose to deter u from returning for the slightest problem? Lol

To be a volume seller, price level is important so unless this GLB is priced to sell, it wont be their best seller in my opinion

Agree. If the price is right, I will consider it. Else I will stick to my plan to stick to a Jap/Korean brand to last till retirement. Singapore car price is really crazy and often underspec when compare to other countries.
  • Praise 1

personally, i find GLB too boxy for my liking.  other than that, it looks rugged on the outside, nice on the inside.

GLC SUV hits sweet spot between GLB and GLC Coupe 

not many would go 7 seater SUV like mazda cx9, xc90, audi q7, xtrail, etc if frequent ferrying >5pax

if so...go for MPV is better option i feel.  

should GLB priced similar as GLC SUV, maybe can sell better than latter (for the extra space and those who do not mind boxy look). additional choice for buyers  [thumbsup]

I don't like the look either. 

But if the pricing is not too far off, it will sell like hotcakes lah. It's a merc afterall  [laugh]

Agree. If the price is right, I will consider it. Else I will stick to my plan to stick to a Jap/Korean brand to last till retirement. Singapore car price is really crazy and often underspec when compare to other countries.

price differential very huge leh.

jap/korean suv/crossover vs merc proper sized crossover/suv (GLB and above)

• Praise 2

@alextoh76 please stop promoting your FB group, else your account will be locked! Take this as the final warning!!

• Praise 8

Are all GLB will be manufacture in Mexico ?

From the official press release, yes.

The new GLB is manufactured at the Aguascalientes (Mexico) plant and, for the Chinese market, in Beijing.

Mercedes-AMG GLB 35 Spied Hiding The Obvious

* For those interested, GLB 35 will be using the M 260 engine (same as GLB250, but tuned up to deliver 306 horsepower), while GLB 45 (and GLB 45S) will be using the newly developed M 139 engine, which is good for up to 416 horsepower.

mercedes-amg-glb-35-new-spy-photo.jpg

The AMG lite version of the new GLB compact crossover will probably debut in the months to come.

The first one to come will be the GLB 35 caught on camera again while undergoing testing ahead of a world reveal likely to take place before the end of the year. Having seen the standard GLB and knowing how AMG upgrades the cars for the “35” spec, it’s easy to imagine what is hiding underneath the heavy camouflage. The big air intakes up front are already peeking through the camo, while the dual exhausts at the back further reveal it’s not a regular GLB.

Stretching out at the Green Hell, the compact crossover tuned in Affalterbach was riding low thanks to a stiffer suspension setup and also appeared to have bigger brakes to complement the upgraded engine. Speaking of which, a 2.0-liter four-cylinder will deliver 302 horsepower and 295 pound-feet (400 Newton-meters) to both axles with help from a dual-clutch, seven-speed automatic transmission.

As far as performance is concerned, we are estimating the 0-62 mph (0-100k kph) task will take roughly five seconds to complete and top speed is likely to be electronically governed at 155 mph (250 kph). For an even faster version, the already spotted GLB 45 likely due in 2020 will up the power ante to as much as 416 hp and 369 lb-ft (500 Nm) in the flagship GLB 45 S. These "45 S" models from Mercedes' compact car lineup will feature the world's most powerful four-cylinder ever installed in a regular production vehicle.
  • Praise 4

Ad direct import from Mexico

PI will be from HK / UK ?

Being manufactured in Mexico will it be having lower OMV.

Wishful thinking

(edited)

Lower OMV does not translate to lower selling price. Ask PML/Wearnes

Wishful thinking

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 4

The first batch of production is LHD for the US market.

UK will be second. PI Shld be getting from UK. From website, pre-order starts July 2019. Already collecting interest in June. Hopefully there will be some pricing indication next month.

• Praise 3