Multi-city flights booking

Jman888

Was trying to search for a reliable website to book air ticket for mulit-city flights, saw a few like Trip.com, Kiwi.com, Expedia, etc. 

Other than expedia that i used very often, the rest dun seem to have good reviews. Some can narrow down to different airline on each flights to give you the cheapest package. Too bad Expedia dun have budget airline for such arrangement.

Anyone use these websites to book flights? or maybe i should go to travel agents to issue physical ticket just to be safe [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Prob stick with expedia.

All my expedia bookings never gave me prob. Be it hotel or flights.

Touch wood.

Maybe ctrip is another reliable one

• Praise 1

so far, only had experience on SQ multi city booking. they will also include codeshare flights if you're after mileage accrual. other than that, depends on the amount of cities you wanna hop in between. 

usually my itinerary consists of perth - SG - european city - back from different airport in europe - SG - perth..

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

Was trying to search for a reliable website to book air ticket for mulit-city flights, saw a few like Trip.com, Kiwi.com, Expedia, etc. 

Other than expedia that i used very often, the rest dun seem to have good reviews. Some can narrow down to different airline on each flights to give you the cheapest package. Too bad Expedia dun have budget airline for such arrangement.

Anyone use these websites to book flights? or maybe i should go to travel agents to issue physical ticket just to be safe [sweatdrop]

Budget airline you can buy individual tickets.  What's the objective of your trip? Ever considered open jaw?

I have done these before in my life.

Singapore to israel.  Free stopover at amsterdam.  I stopped there for over a week and got a return ticket to Helsinki from amsterdam.  Royal dutch airline so the second ticket was cheaper.

Singapore to Perth.  Return from Sydney.   I took an internal flight from Perth to Brisbane and a bus/train from Brisbane to sydney.

Of cos there are the big trips.

Singapore to Toronto.  Return from New York buffalo.  Travelled over land from Toronto to New York.

And others.  Won't bore you with all the trips

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Jman888 said:

Search on kayak.com as well. Once you get the best flights, you can go to the airline website and book if you are scared.

• Praise 2

On 8/30/2019 at 5:25 PM, Wt_know said:

wah ... want to round the world ar? [thumbsup]

only 2 city in asia lah, Taiwan and Okinawa [laugh]

• Praise 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:43 PM, Spurman said:

Prob stick with expedia.

All my expedia bookings never gave me prob. Be it hotel or flights.

Touch wood.

Maybe ctrip is another reliable one

yah at least expedia has better review than those i mentioned, but they dun do different budget flight from city to city.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:34 PM, Kusje said:

Search on kayak.com as well. Once you get the best flights, you can go to the airline website and book if you are scared.

good idea, more flexible to have more options (luggage and seats) than using these travel website.

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I book through SQ website before, they will tight up with codeshare airline.

So maybe SQ to Taipei, then EVA/ANA  to Okinawa and SQ back to Singapore.

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

tried a few date, they dun have the flight within that period even when i put flexi travel date [sweatdrop]

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

tried a few date, they dun have the flight within that period even when i put flexi travel date [sweatdrop]

Yah, I just try out.

Seems like no flight between Okinawa  and Singapore

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

I think got Sin - Taipei - Okinawa.

i think got daily flight from Taipei to Okinawa

make sure check both airports 

Edited by Davidtch

3 hours ago, Davidtch said:

I think got Sin - Taipei - Okinawa.

i think got daily flight from Taipei to Okinawa

make sure check both airports 

will go Okinawa then Taiwan, the timing to fly from Oki to TW and back from Taiwan to Sin got more choices and more flexible.

• Praise 1

On 8/30/2019 at 5:04 PM, Jman888 said:

I normally use Kayak to check multi-city flight itinerary but book directly w the airline

Somehow, dun trust

• Praise 1

On 9/2/2019 at 10:32 AM, Tohto said:

On 9/2/2019 at 10:57 AM, Tohto said:

Yah, I just try out.

Seems like no flight between Okinawa  and Singapore

the problem is there's no codeshare for SQ from japan.. 

the multi city booking on SQ will only provide codeshare flights if they have a codeshare agreement on that flight number. for example, recently booked a Thai airways flight from osaka to bangkok but it wasn't available on the SQ multi city booking is because SQ don't codeshare for that flight..  even though they may be star alliance partners, doesn't mean they will codeshare on all flights. so i had no choice but to book 1 way ticket since i had to save time rather than flying to bkk through singapore again..

some example for code share is to extend a reach within a domestic region, rather than to operate route to countries they fly to.. EG. LH in europe and germany, Virgin in australia or United in america.

if you want to try that kind booking, i suggest going to star alliance website directly to try their multi city booking. that way, they can provide you more options rather than codeshare.

21 hours ago, Soya said:

I normally use Kayak to check multi-city flight itinerary but book directly w the airline

Somehow, dun trust

I just did that, end up making 3 booking with 3 different airline  [laugh] [laugh]

Taking Peach Aviation from Okinawa to Kaohsiung, never heard of this budget airline before [sweatdrop]  but they are quite flexible, i amend the date online 2 times (can't decide the date) with no charge [thumbsup]

41 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I just did that, end up making 3 booking with 3 different airline  [laugh] [laugh]

Taking Peach Aviation from Okinawa to Kaohsiung, never heard of this budget airline before [sweatdrop]  but they are quite flexible, i amend the date online 2 times (can't decide the date) with charge [thumbsup]

Just be careful when splitting into different airlines for layovers. If the first flight is delayed, you are shit out of luck for the 2nd and they will not compensate you.

If you book on one airline, they have the responsibility to get you to final destination.

↡ Advertisement