Share Your Car Fuel Consumption

wangxiaodi

23 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Figures for the last few cars I owned:

Epica 2.5 iL6 - 8.3km/L

Mark X 2.5 V6 - 9.6km/L

Crown 3.0 V6 - 9.2km/L

W212 E300 3.0 V6 - 8.3km/L

4GS 450h 3.5 V6 Hybrid - 12.4km/L (current)

Wah all 6 cylinder

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

For the fun with same usage pattern:

2006 Latio: 11 to 12km/L

2009 Carens: 9 to 10km/L

2011 Touran: 9 to 10km/L

2014 Biante: 9km/L

2017 Vellfire: 7 to 8km/L

2015 B180: 10 to 11km/L

I am most impressed with current used B180, reasonably powerful yet quite frugal.

• Praise 2

Driving a 116D, I reset my fuel and distance meter after each full tank.

40% city driving.

According to car meter per tank:

Average FC: 16-16.5km/L

Average speed for the tank: 32-34km/hr

For comparison sake, previously driving a Citroen DS4, same driving pattern, style and mileage, I'm averaging 10-11km/L.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1

Join in to share. Long term average FC for my past and current rides (all IL4):

1996 KK4 Subaru Vivio 0.66 (5MT) 19Km/L

2001 ES8 Honda Civic 1.5 VTi (5MT) 15Km/L

2004 RN3 Honda Stream 2.0 i-VTEC (5AT) 13.5Km/L

2008 RT1 Honda Crossroad 1.8 i-VTEC (5AT) 14.5Km/L

2012 3T Skoda Superb 2.0 TSI (6AT) 12.8Km/L

2016 7N Volkswagen Sharan 380 2.0 TSI (6AT) 12.6Km/L

• Praise 9

27 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Join in to share. Long term average FC for my past and current rides (all IL4):

1996 KK4 Subaru Vivio 0.66 (5MT) 19Km/L

2001 ES8 Honda Civic 1.5 VTi (5MT) 15Km/L

2004 RN3 Honda Stream 2.0 i-VTEC (5AT) 13.5Km/L

2008 RT1 Honda Crossroad 1.8 i-VTEC (5AT) 14.5Km/L

2012 3T Skoda Superb 2.0 TSI (6AT) 12.8Km/L

2016 7N Volkswagen Sharan 380 2.0 TSI (6AT) 12.6Km/L

Your figures are amazing! Shows that you are a good driver! 💪

• Praise 3

Whoa, ppl actually jot down the FC numbers of their cars. Must be the talking point of coffeshop talk. LoL...

The number which matter to me is the tire pressure. As long as I keep that consistent...good enough. With regular servicing actually there's not much to worry. So I dont really keep track.

What I do monitor are the coolant and oil levels. What others do is the other way around. If there's FC abnormality then they try to find out if something is wrong. But then a lot of factors affecting FC.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I am most impressed with current used B180, reasonably powerful yet quite frugal.

the only pattern i see here is 2-3years change car. hahah

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Mini Cooper S also achieves same FC as B180 with higher FC & torque.

I have heavy foot.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 2

58 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

the only pattern i see here is 2-3years change car. hahah

Mostly if not all are cheap cars lah, nothing to shout about haha.

But I find this thread quite meaningful for newbies. Those own a few cars before will not be bothered as FC should not be a critical factor when choosing a car. For me, can go > 10km/L is good enough already. I only stressed when having the Vellfire, but no complain for the comfort.

55 minutes ago, Ironstarz said:

This thread is good . At least informative.

04 Getz - 9-10km/l

08 Honda Stream 10-11 km/l

Fit Hybrid - 21km/l

Heavy footer

Getz and stream seems cui. Wish is supposed to be same series as Stream. Or stream is trying to catch up with wish.. But Stream's FC is really way behind that of Wish...

45 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Mostly if not all are cheap cars lah, nothing to shout about haha.

But I find this thread quite meaningful for newbies. Those own a few cars before will not be bothered as FC should not be a critical factor when choosing a car. For me, can go > 10km/L is good enough already. I only stressed when having the Vellfire, but no complain for the comfort.

Well, running cost is the most important for any car owners i guess. for seasoned owners, definitely they would hope to get an improved car that improved their overall life style too. Unless, that person really merely go for power and how much they spent every month on Fuel is immaterial to them. 

46 minutes ago, wangxiaodi said:

Well, running cost is the most important for any car owners i guess. for seasoned owners, definitely they would hope to get an improved car that improved their overall life style too. Unless, that person really merely go for power and how much they spent every month on Fuel is immaterial to them. 

Let me share more on my thoughts.

As a newbie, I used to be very diligent in calculating my FC manually every time I pump petrol, and keeping a spreadsheet to track., feeling heart pain when FC creep lower and happy when it got better. I managed to keep this insane practice for a total of about 6 years, keeping all the receipts also. Then over the years I realised that FC is really dependent on individual as everyone drives differently with different usage pattern. Someone with light foot could actually achieve better FC with a thirsty car than another person with a frugal car but having a HRF, if he always drive at night with light traffic and turn off aircon. And then I also realised that every time I pump petrol, the fuel could vary by a few litres depending on when the pump attendant release the pump, so effectively rendering this FC calculation exercise abit meaningless. 

So do not take every FC posted here seriously thinking that would be what you will get, as everyone drives differently with regard to route and time and right foot and fuel pumping. Too many variables at play really. It is meaningful only when comparing different rides driven by same person, that is why I bothered to share the figures for my past rides for reference. If someone posted very good FCs, it only showed him to have a LRF and a careful driver. 

• Praise 6

4 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Your figures are amazing! Shows that you are a good driver! 💪

You can see the trend, I am starting to get naughty...:grin::grin:(the hazard of getting powerful TC car:lll._.:)

4 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Whoa, ppl actually jot down the FC numbers of their cars. Must be the talking point of coffeshop talk. LoL...

The number which matter to me is the tire pressure. As long as I keep that consistent...good enough. With regular servicing actually there's not much to worry. So I dont really keep track.

What I do monitor are the coolant and oil levels. What others do is the other way around. If there's FC abnormality then they try to find out if something is wrong. But then a lot of factors affecting FC.

For me, I track FC of my rides using an Excel spreadsheet (I'm a numberman, everything is about numbers). But to be able to recall figure off hand, there are reasons to it (not just for coffee shop talk).

Vivio - In the days when petrol is <$1.3/L, I have to crack my head how to enjoy discount by petrol company for pumping say $30 of fuel and such (OK, I admit I'm cheapo[:p]) so the figure sort of etched into my mind after prolong monitoring and constant calculation

Civic & Crossroad - Someone challenge me online (in the now defunct AsiaOne motoring and non-active SHC) to prove my claim on my FC, so I actually took photos and post online of my consumption figures, and the rest are history

Stream - This one was very interesting. I once participated in Shell fuel challenge, and with super-extra-feather-light right foot (and no aircon), I managed to get ~27Km/L (exactly double of my normal FC) for a 4 days drive, under mixed driving conditions, only to be beaten by a Hyundai Sonata (@33Km/L)...

Superb and Sharan - Too recent to forget

• Praise 9