Share Your Car Fuel Consumption

wangxiaodi

Early 2019 Citroen C4 Space Tourer 1.2L EAT6

60 highway / 40 city ~ 10.5 - 11km/l
Full tank 60L can only get me about 550 - 580km before lights on.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 9/9/2019 at 11:07 PM, Aventa said:

08 Lexus IS250 - 2.5L V6 
60 highway / 40 city ~ 8 - 8.5km/l (Light footer usually rev to maximum 3k rpm)
My full tank 65L can only get me about 480 - 500km before lights on.

Does not look good. Looks like V6 always eat petrol.

1 hour ago, andrewyewkc said:

Does not look good. Looks like V6 always eat petrol.

More cylinders (even if same cc) more surface area rubbing against one another more frictional losses more FC. All other things being the same. 

But the lure 6, 8,10,12-cylinder engines are hard to resist.... 

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

More cylinders (even if same cc) more surface area rubbing against one another more frictional losses more FC. All other things being the same. 

But the lure 6, 8,10,12-cylinder engines are hard to resist.... 

Thanks for your explanation. My previous V6 gave me 7.5km/L only, but extremely smooth though. V8 should be screaming already. What about IL6?

Edited by andrewyewkc

56 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

Thanks for your explanation. My previous V6 gave me 7.5km/L only, but extremely smooth though. V8 should be screaming already. What about IL6?

My guess is I6 is probably more efficient, having less moving parts, than V6. All other things being equal.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

My guess is I6 is probably more efficient, having less moving parts, than V6. All other things being equal.

V6 needs 2 crankshaft and cam shaft.

For 90 deg V6, there is a counter balancing shaft required for end to end vibration.

• Praise 3

V6 still has only 1 crank shaft, but 4 camshafts. And a longer timing chain/belt. All adding to more friction and weight.

Only engine I experienced with 2 crank shafts was a square four in a bike.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

That is why Mercedes Benz Ditched its V6 & switched to In Line 6..

• Praise 2

Elantra AD

70% highway, 30% city

15-16km/litre

This was when it was on 15" rims. I just changed to 17" flow formed rims. Still monitoring fuel consumption.

2030267529_Photo7-9-19111308AM.thumb.jpg.948e8cebdc39eb668c89c0e0bdcbeb8e.jpg

Edited by Ldlian987
  • Praise 1

On 9/11/2019 at 10:01 PM, Ldlian987 said:

Elantra AD

70% highway, 30% city

15-16km/litre

This was when it was on 15" rims. I just changed to 17" flow formed rims. Still monitoring fuel consumption.

2030267529_Photo7-9-19111308AM.thumb.jpg.948e8cebdc39eb668c89c0e0bdcbeb8e.jpg

WOW! This is what i am waiting for. I wanted to know how is Elantra AD FC. at 15-16km/litre is really good! How many litre is your full tank? 41 to 42 litre?

mine is MD model. 8 year old car. previous owner changed to 17 inch rim too. my average is 12plus to 13plus km/ litre there about. 

6 minutes ago, wangxiaodi said:

WOW! This is what i am waiting for. I wanted to know how is Elantra AD FC. at 15-16km/litre is really good! How many litre is your full tank? 41 to 42 litre?

mine is MD model. 8 year old car. previous owner changed to 17 inch rim too. my average is 12plus to 13plus km/ litre there about. 

Full tank is 50L. I realize the trip computer usually shows 1km/L more than my own calculation. For e.g. trip computer shows 16km/L, when i manual calculate it is 15km/L. Not sure why lol.

What's your city/highway proportion? My car during 100% city is really bad, worse i got was 8km/L.

14 hours ago, Ldlian987 said:

Full tank is 50L. I realize the trip computer usually shows 1km/L more than my own calculation. For e.g. trip computer shows 16km/L, when i manual calculate it is 15km/L. Not sure why lol.

What's your city/highway proportion? My car during 100% city is really bad, worse i got was 8km/L.

Wow, 50L is quite big. Mine stated is 44litre? But usually i pump about 39l to 41 Litre worth of petrol only. And it can run initially about 510km? Now it can hit 530km with 39-40litre. 

Now i try to "drive smart" and "drive efficient". Cos before, i made alot of unnecessary short trips. Eg, drive and park at office canteen nearby. Eat and then drive to park at B1 and go office. Or drive to nearby for breakfast or lunch during weekend, but whereas i can just walk or eat nearby. So now my highway to city proportion might have increased to 70% to 80% i hope, whereas before, it might be like just 60% to 55%. So in the past, i made more short distance drives, and that might have caused my FC to be not as good. Mine is 17inch rim, so more "start-stops" or short trips might made the engine to consume more fuel to move off from stationary.
I am currently still monitoring if my FC can still improve with these improved driving habits.

Edited by wangxiaodi
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, wangxiaodi said:

Wow, 50L is quite big. Mine stated is 44litre? But usually i pump about 39l to 41 Litre worth of petrol only. And it can run initially about 510km? Now it can hit 530km with 39-40litre. 

Now i try to "drive smart" and "drive efficient". Cos before, i made alot of unnecessary short trips. Eg, drive and park at office canteen nearby. Eat and then drive to park at B1 and go office. Or drive to nearby for breakfast or lunch during weekend, but whereas i can just walk or eat nearby. So now my highway to city proportion might have increased to 70% to 80% i hope, whereas before, it might be like just 60% to 55%. So in the past, i made more short distance drives, and that might have caused my FC to be not as good. Mine is 17inch rim, so more "start-stops" or short trips might made the engine to consume more fuel to move off from stationary.
I am currently still monitoring if my FC can still improve with these improved driving habits.

Your right foot will make the biggest impact on FC. If u are smooth and gradual on the accelerator, FC will improve.

2 hours ago, Ldlian987 said:

Your right foot will make the biggest impact on FC. If u are smooth and gradual on the accelerator, FC will improve.

well. i am light footer...i hope. i never light the engine sound of being "dragged" like kena strangles like that.

and when ever there is a downslope at highway..and if the car is travelling at a reasonable speed already, i will not step on the accelerator pedal and just let the car glide down until speed becomes slow..

On 9/19/2019 at 1:04 AM, Prataboy said:

Chevy Cruze 122HP 9-10 km/l at 10-20% highway.

wow..almost wanted to buy this..but the driving feel quite sucky when you are inside the driver seat and start driving..no offense, just personal opinion.

How many litre is the full tank?

12 hours ago, wangxiaodi said:

wow..almost wanted to buy this..but the driving feel quite sucky when you are inside the driver seat and start driving..no offense, just personal opinion.

How many litre is the full tank?

55 liters. From orange light to full tank is typically ~50-52 liters.

The car is heavy, but when it gets up to speed, the drive is firm like the European marques.

Edited by Prataboy
  • Praise 1

On 9/9/2019 at 11:07 AM, Jamescy said:

Second this.

My Fit Hybrid for my first pump also giving me about 24km/l of FC.

Now on my second pump. will update again

2nd pump at 22km/l due to more city driving. very satisfied with this gem

Edited by Jamescy
↡ Advertisement