Share Your Car Fuel Consumption

wangxiaodi

On 11/24/2020 at 1:42 AM, ismailmiller said:

2010 Lexus IS250 2.5

Average 11.2-11.4KM / L

Total distance about 650-700km per full tank. Full tank is 65 litres. 

That's pretty good. I used to drive an IS250, getting only ¬530km when petrol lights are up. 
I was 24/7 on ECT Sports mode but even without, doubt I can ever hit 600km.

Average about 8-9km/l

Edited by Aventa

9 hours ago, Aventa said:

That's pretty good. I used to drive an IS250, getting only ¬530km when petrol lights are up. 
I was 24/7 on ECT Sports mode but even without, doubt I can ever hit 600km.

Average about 8-9km/l

iirc problem with the IS250 to save fuel is that the paddle shifts do not offer full manual control to shift up and down - it doesnt allow the driver to short shift or shift up when he is in the mood to drive gently - it was mainly to let the driver manually select to stay in a lower gear and prevent the gearbox from shifting up .. 

On Camry Hybrid 2.5L, average 25 KM/Litre for my first 2 tanks. Eco mode always on, driving consistently between 80 - 90 KMH. 80% Expressway 20% City driving. Home to Work Distances in excess of 30 KM one way. 

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Daryllim69 said:

On Camry Hybrid 2.5L, average 25 KM/Litre for my first 2 tanks. Eco mode always on, driving consistently between 80 - 90 KMH. 80% Expressway 20% City driving. Home to Work Distances in excess of 30 KM one way. 

wow..better than diesel!!

waiting for hybrid diesel...hope can touch 45km/l?? [laugh]...then pump once every 2 mths…...one year pump less than 10x!! [smash]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2015 MB W212FL 2.0l turbo - long-term average is 10.5 km/l

City driving - 9km/l.   50/50 city/highway - 12.5 km/l    90% highway - 15 km/l

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Turbo 2.0l - long-term average  was 9 km/l

City driving - 7km/l    50/50 city/highway - 9.5km/l     90% highway - 12 km/l

• Praise 2

If used correctly (ie charge regularly), PHEVs can achieve fuel consumption rated by the manufacturer.

This is for the MY2020 Volvo S60 T8 PHEV (2.0L petrol 4 cylinder TC + SC + hybrid motor, 400+hp, 8 speed AT, eAWD, 2 ton) - 50km/l (Sedan)

In comparison, these are my experiences from other Volvos ICE vehicles in SG:
- MY2008 XC70 3.2 (3.2 petrol 6 cylinder NA, 240+ hp, 6 speed AT, AWD, 1.9 ton): 7+km/l (Crossover Wagon)
- MY2009 V50 2.4i (2.4 petrol 5 cylinder NA, 170+hp, 5 speed AT, FWD, 1.5 ton): 8+km/l (Wagon)
- MY2010 S80 2.5T (2.5 petrol 5 cylinder TC, 250+hp, 6 speed AT, FWD, 1.7 ton): 8+km/l (Sedan)
- MY2011 S60 T6 (3.0 petrol 6 cylinder TC, 320+hp, 6 speed AT, AWD, 1.8 ton): 8+km/l (Sedan)
- MY2012 XC90 T5 (2.5 petrol 5 cylinder TC, 240+hp, 5 speed AT, AWD, 2.1 ton): 6+km/l (SUV)
- MY2017 V90CC T5 (2.0 petrol 4 cylinder TC, 260+hp, 8 speed AT, AWD, 1.9 ton): 10+km/l (Crossover Wagon)

999529750_IMG_71502.thumb.jpg.f0c6ed8f09e61db55916bf3bedbd6f7f.jpg

On 11/26/2020 at 9:35 AM, Mooose said:

iirc problem with the IS250 to save fuel is that the paddle shifts do not offer full manual control to shift up and down - it doesnt allow the driver to short shift or shift up when he is in the mood to drive gently - it was mainly to let the driver manually select to stay in a lower gear and prevent the gearbox from shifting up .. 

Agree. I hardly use the paddle shifters / semi-auto function but I heard from fellow IS250 / Mark X people that the system is a little different from other cars.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:24 AM, Spidey10 said:

waiting for hybrid diesel...hope can touch 45km/l?? [laugh]...then pump once every 2 mths…...one year pump less than 10x!! [smash]

I heard this idea a few times for a while. But still not available. Can experts Tell me is this technical difficult, or it won't offer much savings on top of diesel ?   Last time hard diesel saves fuel due to it generates high torque so can cruise at low rev n save fuel. But once hybrid suppose mostly on battery so torque from diesel has little help. Or other reasons ? 

Latest gen Toyota Vios 12.8km/l... half town and half highway driving. Most of the time is 2 adults (and sometimes +1 baby).

Super duper light foot cause cannot rev and cannot pia in first month so quite sad the FC cannot match anywhere near advertised figures (17.2km/l) =D Yeah expected it to be lower, but SO MUCH LOWER?! Perhaps it is because the air con fan speed need to on at least speed 2 to make the car cold enuf...

Edited by yellowshaun
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

Latest gen Toyota Vios 12.8km/l... half town and half highway driving. Most of the time is 2 adults (and sometimes +1 baby).

Super duper light foot cause cannot rev and cannot pia in first month so quite sad the FC cannot match anywhere near advertised figures (17.2km/l) =D Yeah expected it to be lower, but SO MUCH LOWER?! Perhaps it is because the air con fan speed need to on at least speed 2 to make the car cold enuf...

I think if you slowly pick up at 2k rpm you will use more fuel than stepping decently hard on the accelerator upon pickup 😲

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Brass said:

I think if you slowly pick up at 2k rpm you will use more fuel than stepping decently hard on the accelerator upon pickup 😲

Then why eco mode makes acceleration slower? Hahaha

2 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Wait after 2-3 fuel tank cos normally new car consume more fc. 

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Run in period is NOT to perpetually stay at low rev.

You need to vary your revs and not stay at one constant speed. Esp important to rev sufficiently high during acceleration or uphill otherwise you are dragging your engine and very bad for proper cylinder lining run in.

The range to avoid is above 4000rpm

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Run in period is NOT to perpetually stay at low rev.

You need to vary your revs and not stay at one constant speed. Esp important to rev sufficiently high during acceleration or uphill otherwise you are dragging your engine and very bad for proper cylinder lining run in.

The range to avoid is above 4000rpm

4000 is alot

i believe 2.5k max

Run in most importantly constant change of gear. So run in can go 90kmh if rpm low

17 hours ago, ConnorMcLeod said:

I heard this idea a few times for a while. But still not available. Can experts Tell me is this technical difficult, or it won't offer much savings on top of diesel ?   Last time hard diesel saves fuel due to it generates high torque so can cruise at low rev n save fuel. But once hybrid suppose mostly on battery so torque from diesel has little help. Or other reasons ? 

i have heard diesel hybrid is here...i was in the UK end of last year and one of the merc taxis that i hailed was a diesel hybrid(not me say one) as said by the driver. He says is super economical. 3 weeks pump once....and for taxis to pump once in 3 weeks, i think is super.....i felt is was pretty powderful and quiet as well.

probably widely used by now in Europe i guess but Gov in Europe are cutting down on petrol and diesel engines, so i guess no point for them to shout out loud that they have this new technology...same for SG...AD's have stop bringing in Diesel, so that's why you don't hear much of it...

i recall reading somewhere out there our green buses are also on diesel hybrid....not sure right bo...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1