Share Your Car Fuel Consumption

wangxiaodi

18 hours ago, ConnorMcLeod said:

I heard this idea a few times for a while. But still not available. Can experts Tell me is this technical difficult, or it won't offer much savings on top of diesel ?   Last time hard diesel saves fuel due to it generates high torque so can cruise at low rev n save fuel. But once hybrid suppose mostly on battery so torque from diesel has little help. Or other reasons ? 

Even if diesel has the low end torque which the electrics can substitute for, a litre of diesel is still more energy dense (by volume) than gasoline and thermal efficiency of diesel is still above petrol. And the electric motor is not always on, only mainly to help acceleration at low speeds, when cruising at 60 to 90kph its just the diesel engine doing its work at low revs. When accelerating from a stop, I guess the electric motor still helps because the engine doesnt need to boost so hard and run higher pressure so can keep the compression ratio of the engine higher (compared to a non hybrid diesel) and gain overall efficiency.

Add in brake energy regen.

Overall still gains in FC.

Edited by Ake109
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

140i Auto, mixed driving with occasional lut.

Based on car computer which i never reset over past 9.5k, average 9.4 litre/100km

Based on pump tank and compare litres pumped vs odometer, range from 10 to 10.5km/litre

Overall, better FC than expected for a 6 cyl turbo.

Edited by Ake109
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Ake109 said:

Based on car computer which i never reset over past 9.5k, average 9.4 litre/100km

Based on pump tank and compare litres pumped vs odometer, range from 10 to 10.5km/litre

N55 engine?

2009 Hyundai i30CW but mine is ~85% city and 15% highway. Having the same FC. Onboard trip meter. I know it’s not really accurate but should be somewhere around there. 

Edited by Stevekk

My new Honda city FC  :D

but I hardly rev

and when I do manual calculation like distance travelled / fuel pumped  it's a but worse but  still about 15.8 km/ litre.

20201130_075330.jpg

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Latest gen Toyota Vios 12.8km/l... half town and half highway driving. Most of the time is 2 adults (and sometimes +1 baby).

Super duper light foot cause cannot rev and cannot pia in first month so quite sad the FC cannot match anywhere near advertised figures (17.2km/l) =D Yeah expected it to be lower, but SO MUCH LOWER?! Perhaps it is because the air con fan speed need to on at least speed 2 to make the car cold enuf...

Ur car is <1100kg which is consider quite light n the rim is small. 12.8km/l is quite unacceptable to me, specially this is a tiagong good FC car

1 hour ago, Kia7200 said:

Ur car is <1100kg which is consider quite light n the rim is small. 12.8km/l is quite unacceptable to me, specially this is a tiagong good FC car

Hopefully it gets better after the first servicing! Ya I was hoping it would be higher!

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

My new Honda city FC  :D

but I hardly rev

and when I do manual calculation like distance travelled / fuel pumped  it's a but worse but  still about 15.8 km/ litre.

20201130_075330.jpg

Eh how's the rear air con vents ah? Strong ma? The stupid vios side vents already so weak so I wonder if honda added extra blowers for the back...

35 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Eh how's the rear air con vents ah? Strong ma? The stupid vios side vents already so weak so I wonder if honda added extra blowers for the back...

Seems ok.  Cos I dont have rest passengers as of now. Only front ones.

OTOH side aircons are really strong so I had to off the one on the passenger side cos it is causing condensation on the side window and thermostat is set at 24 degrees.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

Hopefully it gets better after the first servicing! Ya I was hoping it would be higher!

For a 1.5l n only <1100kg, a 15km/l is more reasonable.

And I also tiagong Toyota ac very cold?

41 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

For a 1.5l n only <1100kg, a 15km/l is more reasonable.

And I also tiagong Toyota ac very cold?

Vios one quite weak, need fan 2 or 3. side vents very weak. I don't sleep in air con so I like to believe the aircon really cmi haha

8 hours ago, Ake109 said:

Sounds decent for a B58 engine.

Not comparing as the weight is very different but I'm getting about 6.2km/litre on a G06 based on 80% city / 20% freeway. I thought it is already an improvement for the B58 as I used to get similar consumption on the F06 (N55) which is ~10% lighter in weight.

18 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Seems ok.  Cos I dont have rest passengers as of now. Only front ones.

OTOH side aircons are really strong so I had to off the one on the passenger side cos it is causing condensation on the side window and thermostat is set at 24 degrees.

maybe you should not close off the passenger side vent, as in some cases, doing this will cause the other (middle and driver side) vents to be stronger.

usually condensation in the side window is because the glass at that area is much colder than the air outside, and this is usually caused by the cold air con air blowing at that spot on the side window.

you can sit in the passenger seat when the car is stationary and then adjust the vents to blow inwards - away from the window - so that the likelihood of causing condensation is much reduced.

My previous BMW 116D. It's a diesel car. Who says BMW can't be economical? 😜

The below pictures shows the average fuel consumption over a distance of 1693KM.

I've achieved 25KM/L if i just drive in the  middle of the night with no traffic.

Fuel Consumption.jpeg

Edited by Rickster

15 hours ago, Wolfverine said:

Sounds decent for a B58 engine.

Not comparing as the weight is very different but I'm getting about 6.2km/litre on a G06 based on 80% city / 20% freeway. I thought it is already an improvement for the B58 as I used to get similar consumption on the F06 (N55) which is ~10% lighter in weight.

Yes on the weight but guess what? Your X6 (unless is X6M) actually has a better drag co-efficient at 0.32 than my little car which is 0.34!

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, jaykaylay said:

Just bought a COE 2008 Altis for a month now, Fuel consumption 9.4km/L, is this okay? 

Nope...check your Air Filter & Tyres Pressure.

↡ Advertisement