Share Your Car Fuel Consumption

wangxiaodi

17 hours ago, jaykaylay said:

Just bought a COE 2008 Altis for a month now, Fuel consumption 9.4km/L, is this okay? 

Quite high even for a 1.8L Altis

Change all your fluids, spark plugs, and filters if they are due. 

Inflate tire pressure accordingly and remove all unnecessary weight in the car. Are you on stock 16" rims or upsized to 18"?

Just bought a COE 2009 FN2R, been driving for a month now.

Mileage 200,000km, change gear between 4-5k rpm in normal driving, open VTEC few times a day, redline 8k rpm every now and then when traffic allows.

I get fuel consumption 10km/L, which i think is very okay  😂

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Mileage 200,000km, change gear between 4-5k rpm in normal driving, open VTEC few times a day, redline 8k rpm every now and then when traffic allows.

Saw 1 FN2R behind Caltex (Nee Soon Road) 2 weeks ago.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

considered very good liao,  open VTEC and redline till 8K rpm and still get 10km/l is superb already.

Normal COE FD civics ( non type R's) without the  performance VTEC that your engine have are  also getting around 10km/l 😪

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

9 hours ago, jaykaylay said:

@Aventa not stock rims definitely, the tyres are Michelin and it writes 195/65/R/15. What does this mean? Thank you in advance! 

It means your tyres are 195mm wide, has a profile of 65%, and has a rim diameter of 15".

The profile looks unusual. A quick Google says it should be 60 and not 65. Maybe owners can comment.

By the way how do you tell the FC is 9.4? Via the trip computer or actually tank to tank measurement? 

My experience with Toyota is that the on-board FC is always optimistic by 5-8%.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1

195/65R15 is the correct and stock profile for 10th generation Toyota Corolla Altis sold by Borneo Motors.

Whether it's the 2008-2010 pre-facelift 1.6L or 1.8L or 2011-2013 facelift 1.6L, it comes with the same tyre/wheel size.

First photo is 2008-2010 pre-facelift with stock rims.

Second photo is 2008-2010 pre-facelift Elegance model and 2011-2013 facelift Elegance model stock rims.

1920px-2008-2010_Toyota_Corolla_Altis_(ZRE142R)_1.6_sedan_(2017-11-28)_01.jpg

Altis sideview.png

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, jaykaylay said:

@Aventa not stock rims definitely, the tyres are Michelin and it writes 195/65/R/15. What does this mean? Thank you in advance! 

It means:

Tire has a width of 195 millimeters
Tire has an aspect ratio of 65% (65% of the width)
Tire size was designed to fit rims or wheels that are 15 inches in diameter

Possible factors
Non-stock aftermarket rims are heavy leading to higher FC
Using sticky tires such as Michelin PS4 leading to higher FC

Just throwing out possible factors for the FC however if you're really on PS4 don't change it away because the grip is more important than the small FC difference compared to using e.g Michelin XM2+ Energy which gives slightly better FC as it's less sticky

Edited by Aventa

18 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

considered very good liao,  open VTEC and redline till 8K rpm and still get 10km/l is superb already.

Normal COE FD civics ( non type R's) without the  performance VTEC that your engine have are  also getting around 10km/l 😪

Ya considered very good. I used to drive the CL7 Accord Year 2009 always maintain below 3k RPM also get 9-10km/l only

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Aventa said:

Ya considered very good. I used to drive the CL7 Accord Year 2009 always maintain below 3k RPM also get 9-10km/l only

Same I using FD2 year 2009 also, 9.5-10.5km max/l also, sometimes if keep hitting 4-6000 rpm plus  in sports mode then less than 10km/l. 

• Haha! 1