Share Your Car Fuel Consumption

wangxiaodi

Supercharged

I only look at fuel consumption before I buy a car. For my mental health sake, I no longer look at it. Just maintain the car as it should and drive it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

17 hours ago, jaykaylay said:

@Toeknee_33 Hi Toeknee Bro, it says 9.4L/100km on the display, I can take a photo and upload it tomorrow hahaha

Earlier you said its 9.4km/L, now you say its 9.4L/100km (which is equivalent to 10.6km/L). Which is which?!?

And what I am trying to tell you is - do physical tank-to-tank measurement to know your true FC. The onboard meter is not accurate!

Do you know how to do that?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

19 hours ago, jaykaylay said:

@Aventa Thank you so much Aventa Bro, I guess I have to go check the air filter at the workshop then

Since it is a COE car and you just bought it.

Without knowing the servicing history. 

I will send car for a full servicing and check. Not just check air filter 

BTW, the COE car how many previous owner and what is the current mileage? 

• Praise 1

On 10/15/2021 at 6:34 PM, Aventa said:

It means:

Tire has a width of 195 millimeters
Tire has an aspect ratio of 65% (65% of the width)
Tire size was designed to fit rims or wheels that are 15 inches in diameter

Possible factors
Non-stock aftermarket rims are heavy leading to higher FC
Using sticky tires such as Michelin PS4 leading to higher FC

Just throwing out possible factors for the FC however if you're really on PS4 don't change it away because the grip is more important than the small FC difference compared to using e.g Michelin XM2+ Energy which gives slightly better FC as it's less sticky

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 don't have 195/65R15.

Michelin Primacy 3/4 got 195/65R15. But very rare in Singapore.

Only Michelin Energy such as Energy Saver/XM1/XM2/XM2+ have 195/65R15.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Earlier you said its 9.4km/L, now you say its 9.4L/100km (which is equivalent to 10.6km/L). Which is which?!?

And what I am trying to tell you is - do physical tank-to-tank measurement to know your true FC. The onboard meter is not accurate!

Do you know how to do that?

I'm certain it's 9.4km/L.

This is a photo of my 10th generation Toyota Corolla Altis 2011 facelift 1.6L Elegance instrument cluster.

IMG_3897.JPG

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, jaykaylay said:

@Toeknee_33 How to do physical tank-to-tank measurement, can you advise, thank you. I didn't realize that you guys were referring to a different measurement. 

At your next fill up:

1) Put the fuel nozzle on auto (medium speed to minimise sloshing and prematurely triggering the autostop) and fill up to the first auto cut-off. Stop pumping. 

2) Zero your trip meter. Drive.

3) At the next fill up, repeat (1), note the amount of petrol needed to fill tank. Divide the trip meter mileage by the number of litres and you have your FC in km/L. You may wish to compare that data with your on-board FC reading to see the difference.

4) Repeat above for every tank. Over time, you would have a fairly accurate average FC for your car.

Hope the above helps.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 5

This is the on-board fuel consumption, guys

IMG_20211017_094100.jpg

This is in L/100km, not km/L. In km/L terms the on-board meter is saying you are doing 10.5km/L.

@Cheesepiekia seems like it's a different instrument panel from yours. 

23 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

This is in L/100km, not km/L. In km/L terms the on-board meter is saying you are doing 10.5km/L.

@Cheesepiekia seems like it's a different instrument panel from yours. 

Face lift vs non facelift. 

• Praise 3

This is the on-board fuel consumption, guys

Maybe you want to try resetting the ECU to let the FC calculation start afresh if you haven't done so. You don't know what's the driving style of the previous owner. The car's averaging calculation will take a long time to reflect your current driving style FC.

24 minutes ago, Rootkie said:

Maybe you want to try resetting the ECU to let the FC calculation start afresh if you haven't done so. You don't know what's the driving style of the previous owner. The car's averaging calculation will take a long time to reflect your current driving style FC.

Just record manual calculation will be th most accurate.  FC meter will have error or 5 to 10%. Normally reading will be  better.. Actual calculation will be worst.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Just record manual calculation will be th most accurate.  FC meter will have error or 5 to 10%. Normally reading will be  better.. Actual calculation will be worst.

Yes, agreed. I am recording it manually for my car. 1km/l lower than what the car is showing usually. So Jaykaylay's altis is probably doing lower than 9.8km/l shown in the car.

35 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Agreed,my latest Camry Hybrid,the FC meter show 17.4Km/L,but only get 16.4Km/L.

• Praise 2