Share Your Car Fuel Consumption

wangxiaodi

Come'on lah..  cars in Sg already most expensive in the world, if one could bought a car in Sg but yet so concern about fuel consumption differences (at most, $50-100 a month difference?), might as well don't drive right?

1 hour ago, Mr_b20 said:

Come'on lah..  cars in Sg already most expensive in the world, if one could bought a car in Sg but yet so concern about fuel consumption differences (at most, $50-100 a month difference?), might as well don't drive right?

What kind of logic is this? Nobody mentioned about money anyway.

Fuel efficiency is part of a car's performance parameters and comparing it is no different from comparing top speed or acceleration. 

• Praise 2

Aiyo brother, this is a forum for sharing ma. What's wrong with wanting to know the FC of other car makes just for additional knowledge? 

Btw, 

I've got a Honda Fit, 

50%/50% Driving, 14-18km/litres for me. Sometimes busy periods at work need to rush around Singapore alot thats why got so big range. 

1 hour ago, Mr_b20 said:

• Praise 2

I have no car, so can I quote my Kar consumption instead? 

Every km I covered on my foot, I drink about 300ml of water, so that is roughly 3.33km/l of water.

Ok, just joking. Happy weekend to all.

• Praise 10

14 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

What kind of logic is this? Nobody mentioned about money anyway.

Fuel efficiency is part of a car's performance parameters and comparing it is no different from comparing top speed or acceleration. 

Then what kind of logic do you even talking about?

You want fuel efficiency you don't get performance, you want performance you don't get fuel efficiency. 

My pet peeve is people who buy performance/bigger cc/suv/sports cars then keep whining about the higher fuel consumption.

It's really oxymoron, should just buy a Prius or something.

46 minutes ago, Mr_b20 said:

You want fuel efficiency you don't get performance, you want performance you don't get fuel efficiency. 

My pet peeve is people who buy performance/bigger cc/suv/sports cars then keep whining about the higher fuel consumption.

Why cannot compare?

Not everyone drives performance/bigger cc/suv/sports cars.

1 hour ago, Mr_b20 said:

You can take your pet peeve elsewhere cos nobody is whining in this thread. 

An owner of an X5 would still like to know how his FC compares with other big SUV like a RR Sport or GLE . It's still an indication of the engineering prowess that went into making a car more efficient. 

Technological progress has shift the performance vs efficiency equation of today's cars compared to 20 years ago. Cars today are faster, bigger, safer, more comfortable and yet more efficient. The goalposts are shifting, and it doesn't hurt anyone to keep up with the latest info.

I had two 2.5L cars (one gives 8.2km/L and the other 9.6km/L) and two 3L cars (9.2 vs 8.3) back to back, and I know and appreciate that one is more efficient than the other. Of course FC is not the only performance parameter I am concerned about lah.

Hope you see the logic now.

• Praise 7

2 hours ago, Mr_b20 said:

Hi bro. The main purpose for this thread is to let everyone knows the FC of other car models And brands. Cos we always hearsay and listen to myth from web or other people. I guess here we can really know the true FC of certain brands and model. From ppl who really drove and own it before. 

Just for info and knowledge I guess. Since this is a sharing and discussion forum.. Not discussing on this would make this platform a white elephant? 

• Praise 2

Aiyo. It's Sunday lei.. Relax bros.. Before buying the car, good to know fc of the make you are choosing. Know what u are buying yourself or getting yourself into. After buying that car, good to know fc for benchmarking. If too far off, could be some issues with that car. Other than that, just drive, pump and forget it. You are stuck anyway. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Mr_b20 said:

I disagree.

an Alpina B3 Biturbo has much better performance than my car and it can get 10km/l.

my car only gets Low 8s

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, Mr_b20 said:

I think it is just to understand the difference between fc on paper and actual usage in city. Not really linked to money. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I disagree.

an Alpina B3 Biturbo has much better performance than my car and it can get 10km/l.

my car only gets Low 8s

The 10km/l is claimed or actual local owner's figure? Manufacturers' numbers all bluff one... 

↡ Advertisement