Generous Owner Offers Cash-Strapped Couple A Car Battery Free, After Paying Coins & Vouchers

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

generous-owner-4.jpg

Source: https://mustsharenews.com/car-battery-free/

Generous Owner Offers Cash-Strapped Couple A Car Battery For Free, After They Paid In Coins & Vouchers

Couple Attempts To Pay For Car Battery With Coins & Vouchers, Generous Owner Offers It For Free

We can all relate to not having enough money to buy what we want, but what if we badly need it?

A cash-strapped Malaysian couple desperately needed a car battery worth S$54.44 (RM165) for their Proton Wira. They struggled to pay with coins and vouchers and the car shop owner – Nicky Tan – was heartbroken upon witnessing the sight.

generous-owner-2.jpgSource

The generous owner was not a stranger to poverty so he decided to pay for it himself. According to World of Buzz, here’s how it happened.

Generous owner offers free car battery

On Wednesday (28 Aug), Tan shared the tale through a Facebook post.

He recalls,

They gathered all the money they had which amounted to RM90, with a gift voucher and coins that made up about RM10.

It seems that the couple didn’t know the exact price of the car battery until they received the quote at the shop.

generous-owner-1.jpgSource

After finding out that they were short in cash, they searched the armrests and compartment of their Proton Wira to find as much money as they could.

generous-owner-proton-wira.jpgSource

While the woman found some coins, Tan observed that she was clutched it as if it’s all she had. He understood that the couple didn’t have much so he decided to do something for them instead. He writes, I told the uncle I would give them a new battery and asked them to keep the coins and RM10 for their trip back to Subang.

Couple turns down free car battery

The couple did not want to exploit Tan’s generosity so they turned down his free offer.

They explained that their financial situation was still manageable. They insisted to pay him with RM80 (S$26.39) plus free vouchers in exchange for the car battery.

generous-owner.jpgSource

According to World of Buzz, Tan said, Even after I offered the voucher back to them, they said their daughter gave them the voucher to buy groceries and they still have a lot at home.

Generous owner relates to poverty

Money will always be important in business, however, Tan didn’t mind offering a discount.

The couple’s struggle reminded him of his own experience with poverty. He might’ve established a successful car shop though once upon a time he barely had money for food.

He wrote in the post, I’ve been through their situation before. I’m not rich but I’m not hungry. I think I’m so blessed as it is.

His post has unexpectedly gone viral with more than 8,500 likes and 1,500 shares. Despite the praise and attention, Tan hopes that his kind gesture will inspire others to help their fellowmen regardless of their religion and race.

Be kind to fellowmen

Not many of us can opt to offer anything for free.

Even if we’re short on cash, Tan’s story reminds us to be kind to our fellowmen through small gestures. Since we each have our own burdens, treat everyone with respect and kindness.

If you see someone struggling, then don’t hesitate to offer a helping hand. When you do good things for others, it can come back to you in unexpected ways.

How have you helped your fellowmen? Let us know in the comments below.

Featured image from Facebook.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Hypersonic
10 minutes ago, Soya said:

Ownself praise ownself? 

Generous gestures no need to post online for the world to see.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, RadX said:

Awesome deed

pics a bit distorted 

Alamak I personally cook your favorite send off mutabak with rendang and you still around. 

But on a serious note: please remember GST help the poor, that is why we need to increase our GST.

• Praise 6

30 minutes ago, Vid said:

Generous gestures no need to post online for the world to see.

Somemore made sure ownself post pix of own shop BIG BIG

• Praise 4

11 hours ago, Soya said:

Ownself praise ownself?

Well, we do it all the time for yearly work appraisal.

Though we being local are always uncomfortable with self-promotion. But if we don't learn to be comfortable with and accept this mode of behaviour, we will always be outshone by FT and ang moh who are used to doing this since elementary school!

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Well, we do it all the time for yearly work appraisal.

Though we being local are always uncomfortable with self-promotion. But if we don't learn to be comfortable with and accept this mode of behaviour, we will always be outshone by FT and ang moh who are used to doing this since elementary school!

It's not about being shy lah

Whether one see it as genuine 'sharing of experience' or blatant 'self promotion', it's up to the individual

I'm sure many MCFers hv done many good deeds in public but doesn't see the need to start thread in MCF or post on FB to sing praises abt ownself. I know in my heart that I've made someone's day and hope that person will pay it forward that's all

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Soya said:

Whether one see it as genuine 'sharing of experience' or blatant 'self promotion', it's up to the individual

I'm sure many MCFers hv done many good deeds in public but doesn't see the need to start thread in MCF or post on FB to sing praises abt ownself. I know in my heart that I've made someone's day and hope that person will pay it forward that's all

Well

said bro

thats what I always say to

the person who received the deed, “pay it fwd”

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Soya said:

Well

said bro

and I really hope they do.

B11BD9A9-99A5-49B7-94E4-30BD047F5393.png

• Praise 6

2 hours ago, RadX said:

Well

said bro

and I really hope they do.

Maybe a bit cynical, but sometimes lesson not learnt and also no guarantee of paying forward.

Mind you, if it's safety related, perhaps you may be doing him a favour, prevent future accident, by claiming. Then the lesson sinks in, and the person would really be careful, since pocket hurt! 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Maybe a bit cynical, but sometimes lesson not learnt and also no guarantee of paying forward.

Mind you, if it's safety related, perhaps you may be doing him a favour, prevent future accident, by claiming. Then the lesson sinks in, and the person would really be careful, since pocket hurt! 

Well, that’s like Peter Parker thinking and I dun disagree but let nature take its course

Then again, pocket hurt also wun learn hahhaha

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, RadX said:

Well

said bro

and I really hope they do.🤪

I bet if we still use tomb stone, this will be immortalised on the back of it... 👻 🏃‍♀️ 😎

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2