Black Bean Curd 黑豆干

Neopcn07

Anyone can advise where can I find this? Black bean curd 黑豆干?Used to buy it from supermarkets or wet markets. But now all no more....

2d382d92be931efe208465e9ecd114a0.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No idea. I've never seen this in the market nor the supermarket.

Isn't it just dou gan soaked in a braising liquid?
Lol it looks like the dou gan from my braised duck store.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Neopcn07 said:

Anyone can advise where can I find this? Black bean curd 黑豆干?Used to buy it from supermarkets or wet markets. But now all no more....

2d382d92be931efe208465e9ecd114a0.jpg

Try sheng siong, I saw them selling before,  but not sure if they still sells it.  

Will pay attention the next time I go SS. ^_^

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

No idea. I've never seen this in the market nor the supermarket.

Isn't it just dou gan soaked in a braising liquid?
Lol it looks like the dou gan from my braised duck store.

The one in the picture is lu dou gan,  braised already.  

The raw one is slightly of a greyish shade compare to the normal light yellowish color of the soya bean dou gan. 

This is light greyish because it is made of black beans. Cost more than the usual soya bean made ones.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

On 9/1/2019 at 9:23 PM, Tianmo said:

The raw one is slightly of a greyish shade compare to the normal light yellowish color of the soya bean dou gan. 

This is light greyish because it is made of black beans. Cost more than the usual soya bean made ones.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

haha i dislike black beans. lol.

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

different taste buds mah. [laugh]

i have not try the black bean dou gan, but tasted the black bean soya milk, which I find quite nice.  The taste is stronger and the color grey. 

I am also ok with black beans soup, and eats the black beans. Tiagong black beans are better than soya beans in term of nutrition, and TCM believe it is good for the kidney. But is tiagong one lah..^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

On 9/1/2019 at 9:17 PM, Tianmo said:

Try sheng siong, I saw them selling before,  but not sure if they still sells it.  

Will pay attention the next time I go SS. ^_^

Still have. But not nice.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:23 PM, Tianmo said:

it is black because after lu.

滷味豆干 is a famous snack from  桃园大溪, went there early this year where many shops sell this. 

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

it is black because after lu.

滷味豆干 is a famous snack from  桃园大溪, went there early this year where many shops sell this. 

In Taiwan it is very popular .

15 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

i have not try the black bean dou gan, but tasted the black bean soya milk, which I find quite nice.  The taste is stronger and the color grey. 

I am also ok with black beans soup, and eats the black beans. Tiagong black beans are better than soya beans in term of nutrition, and TCM believe it is good for the kidney. But is tiagong one lah.

ha i don't doubt the nutritional benefit. But i don't like the taste. My mother seldom cook cos she know i don't like. My MIL cooks it sometimes but thankfully she mixes it with peanuts. So i can still eat a few of them lol

4 minutes ago, Tohto said:

In Taiwan it is very popular .

yah must eat on the spot hot hot then nice, i bought those vacuum packed one not nice liao.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Still have. But not nice.

mayb its just me, but I have never use the words "not nice" to associate with food, and I banned my children from using those words on food also.  In our family, when it comes to food, its either "I dont like" or "I cannot appreciate", They cannot say "not nice'. 

This is in respect to those who find the food acceptable to them or even prefer the taste over our taste. ^_^

20 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

different taste buds mah. [laugh]

I am also ok with black beans soup, and eats the black beans. Tiagong black beans are better than soya beans in term of nutrition, and TCM believe it is good for the kidney. But is tiagong one lah..^_^[laugh][laugh]

read that it is good for blood cancer patient, use it to boil soup and i can eat a lot of black beans [laugh]

i remember sharing the sweet black beans & pear soup [laugh]

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

ha i don't doubt the nutritional benefit. But i don't like the taste. My mother seldom cook cos she know i don't like. My MIL cooks it sometimes but thankfully she mixes it with peanuts. So i can still eat a few of them lol

Yah, I know what you mean, same same beans and look a like except the color, but taste quite different. The soya taste lighter, the black beans are harder and have a after taste effect. But the dou gan is after process liao, dont know still the same effect or not, mayb texture different. 

Anyway, I also not a big fan, long long eat one time, cannot even remember when I last had black beans, must be years ago..  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

11 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

yah must eat on the spot hot hot then nice, i bought those vacuum packed one not nice liao.

Since when reheat food will taste better than fresh cooked food? :XD:

But oh, I love reheat overnight  chicken curry and 卤肉...[:p][laugh][laugh]

39 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

black beans or black soybeans? Former used for soups commonly.

Black Soybeans are soybeans that have a black seed coat on the outside of the bean. Inside, they are the same colour as regular yellow soybeans. ... Though they look somewhat like Black Turtle Beans, they are rounder, and don't have the full taste of Black Turtle Beans. They are decidedly blander.Jun 13, 2018 (google)

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, TangoCharlie said:

black beans or black soybeans? Former used for soups commonly.

Black Soybeans are soybeans that have a black seed coat on the outside of the bean. Inside, they are the same colour as regular yellow soybeans. ... Though they look somewhat like Black Turtle Beans, they are rounder, and don't have the full taste of Black Turtle Beans. They are decidedly blander.Jun 13, 2018 (google)

Lol i thought all the same. haha

↡ Advertisement