Mercs: property news & updates

Mercs

Amazing psf of yesteryear

Just 14 years which is not that long ago - (2,024-sq-ft unit $488,000 ($241 psf) in October 2005)

Seller sold for 4X the buy price ... where to find today? :D

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/three-bedroom-unit-balmoral-8-rakes-148-mil-profit

The 2,024-sq-ft unit on the second floor was sold for $1.98 million ($954 psf) on Aug 20, but had been bought for $488,000 ($241 psf) in October 2005. Thus, the seller walked away with a $1.44 million profit.
  • Praise 9

10 hours ago, Mercs said:

Its all about affordability,  with PSF on the up, over the years developers have been shrinking unit sizes to remain within buyer sweet spot.

Made worse with CMs- TDSR/LTV/ABSD,  that buyers today have to content with, further reducing buyer unit size affordability.

Thats also why we have ahgong recent intervention on min unit size requirements. 😉

From affordable point of view I agree but that’s like saying I need a 7 seater for my family but I can afford a Korean n probably should be okay to squeeze 6 person with two small kids.. 

i ratger go with practical aspect and Apple for Apple consideration. Else the shoe box appt does make good sense for s family of 6 if you squeeze it as the home is only use for sleeping... 

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

From affordable point of view I agree but that’s like saying I need a 7 seater for my family but I can afford a Korean n probably should be okay to squeeze 6 person with two small kids.. 

i ratger go with practical aspect and Apple for Apple consideration. Else the shoe box appt does make good sense for s family of 6 if you squeeze it as the home is only use for sleeping... 

Agree, if need to fit family of 6, better to get a MPV than a 2 seater sportscar 😉 lol

• Praise 8

On 9/6/2019 at 9:12 AM, Mercs said:

https://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/chart-day-check-out-condo-projects-highest-leasing-deals-in-q2

Check out the condo projects with the highest leasing deals in Q2

Chart_090619.jpg

• Praise 7

16 hours ago, Khng8 said:

Could the higher number of leasing transactions due to minimum rental period reduced to 3 months?

It could be enbloc effect and more foreigners coming to Singapore to work. 

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Khng8 said:

Could the higher number of leasing transactions due to minimum rental period reduced to 3 months?

Doubt so, as the % will be low to be any significant, not many tenants wanna move every few months.

One reason is displaced enbloc sellers, either waiting brand new BUC/ enbloc funds/ transaction completion/ renovations etc.

Local movement by owners and tenants in residential projects that were sold successfully through collective sales reportedly continue to contribute a substantial portion of leasing demand,
  • Praise 9

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/forest-city-hand-over-more-20000-residential-units-year-unveils-new-golf-course

Forest City to hand over more than 20,000 residential units this year, unveils new golf course

"Prices range from RM13,000 psm to RM18,000 psm, or the equivalent of $399 psf to $552 psf, for most of the residential units"

90cba0-.jpg

• Praise 8

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/steady-stream-well-heeled-visitors-meyer-mansion-preview-weekend

Meyer Mansion sees steady stream of well-heeled visitors on preview weekend

Indicative prices start from $1.38 million ($2,851 psf) for one-bedroom units of 484 sq ft; from $1.95 million ($2,830 psf) for two-bedroom units of 689 sq ft; and from $2.88 million ($2,597 psf) for three-bedroom units of 1,109 sq ft.

Three-bedroom premium units from 1,399 sq ft, are priced from $3.75 million ($2,680 psf) while four-bedroom premium units from 1,722 sq ft are priced from $4.55 million ($2,642 psf).

4b37db-AAA-8890.jpg

Edited by Mercs
  • Praise 8

I always enjoyed your posts. Sad that lazy me can't catch up with the new revamped MCF. I have been visiting this forum much lesser now... 😟 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2