Avg 2.4k psf so gotta be innovative use of space ... less is more 😛

So u can imagine a toilet bowl took up 2 sf area 

That work out to be 4.8k .... damn ex to pang sai :grin:

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

So u can imagine a toilet bowl took up 2 sf area 

That work out to be 4.8k .... damn ex to pang sai :grin:

Hahaha, you dunno meh ... in expensive SG, wanna pang sai also ... aka expensive sai 😛 😛 😛

• Praise 5

6 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Maybe creative accounting again 

At high psf ... gotta be creative ... think out of the box ... for shoebox 😛

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

22 hours ago, pChou said:

does this thread allow discussion? haha considering sumang EC, can buy? or is it still better to buy resale Private?

Just to share.

My greatest mistake.

I believe every Singaporean should buy a HDB, better still BTO as their first property. Cannot go wrong. Low maintenance. If it is truly subsidized and grant provided, literally part of your purchase is paid for by government. How nice?

After 5 years, you have saved to consider either to buy a freehold condo or stay put, taking account the economy then. You could rent out your condo or HDB and this provide another stream of income.

Basically having a HDB is like buying insurance, you will have a roof over your head regardless or at least more difficult to evict you.

Point is, in today's term is difficult to make money in the quickest time unless a windfall. So why be a slave to a self stay home.

A self stay home, especially if it is your first, is a liability, because it is all out and nothing coming in, in terms of return as long as you are staying. Capital appreciation is not a given.

When you eventually retire, no more salary, only passive income, so you need to find the lowest maintenance cost and that is HDB, which you have bought years ago.... BTO.

Hope it helps.

• Praise 9

22 hours ago, pChou said:

does this thread allow discussion? haha considering sumang EC, can buy? or is it still better to buy resale Private?

So close to Pasir Gudang  :grin:

• Praise 7

15 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Just to share.

My greatest mistake.

I believe every Singaporean should buy a HDB, better still BTO as their first property. Cannot go wrong. Low maintenance. If it is truly subsidized and grant provided, literally part of your purchase is paid for by government. How nice?

After 5 years, you have saved to consider either to buy a freehold condo or stay put, taking account the economy then. You could rent out your condo or HDB and this provide another stream of income.

Basically having a HDB is like buying insurance, you will have a roof over your head regardless or at least more difficult to evict you.

Point is, in today's term is difficult to make money in the quickest time unless a windfall. So why be a slave to a self stay home.

A self stay home, especially if it is your first, is a liability, because it is all out and nothing coming in, in terms of return as long as you are staying. Capital appreciation is not a given.

When you eventually retire, no more salary, only passive income, so you need to find the lowest maintenance cost and that is HDB, which you have bought years ago.... BTO.

Hope it helps.

Great analysis 👍

Young couple cant see that far ......  👫 

😀

• Praise 9

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

Just to share.

My greatest mistake.

Hope it helps.

In the first place, it is not easy qualifying for BTO in today’s salary terms.

Secondly, one planning to sell existing flat and to buy another BTO will find the queue excessively long and the chance to get extremely small as a second timer. To get a resale, I think they would rather stay put.

Thirdly, by the time it comes to retirement some 10 or 20 years later, private property price appreciation is guaranteed compared to HDB prices. It is true that it is not a given within 3-5 years’ time.

Btw, what exactly is your biggest mistake?

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Showster said:

Secondly, one planning to sell existing flat and to buy another BTO will find the queue excessively long and the chance to get extremely small as a second timer. To get a resale, I think they would rather stay put.

Thirdly, by the time it comes to retirement some 10 or 20 years later, private property price appreciation is guaranteed compared to HDB prices. It is true that it is not a given within 3-5 years’ time.

😂he bought a HDB instead of a landed or PC as first pty. Wait for it. Someone gonna get a hurt real bad or blame soon.

Just yada-ing n guessing. 

Safe ride

Cheers 

• Praise 2

26 minutes ago, Showster said:

Like I mentioned always, there is no right or wrong, except what you are willing to accept as a consequence for your decision.

if you qualify in terms of salary for BTO, then it is an opportunity, as my colleagues said it is an asset 

what I posted was about first time home buyer, buying a home is one of the most expensive investment, so wait a while may be a better for some then to rush into buying a re-sale which also mean the lease years are shorter and built are often not as good as newly built flats

I beg to correct you about private property price is guaranteed compared to HDB prices, let me direct you to Mariam Way Condo.

my biggest mistake like T2 is stupid never buy a HDB flat

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

Just to share.

My greatest mistake.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for sharing Ash!

If i have a choice, i wish to buy BTO too, however the waiting time for the unit completion is a bit longer compared to the other option i'm considering. So we are thinking to use that BTO chance few years later on. Current resale HDB market, for units that are at better location, and just TOP now has reached about 700k - 800k eg tampines. If to buy older units, renovation will be needed then the cash outlay will be similar with just buying TOP unit....

2 hours ago, Angcheek said:

So close to Pasir Gudang  :grin:

haha, yea, to be frank i'm not a fans of punggol. hahahha

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

Like I mentioned always, there is no right or wrong, except what you are willing to accept as a consequence for your decision.

if you qualify in terms of salary for BTO, then it is an opportunity, as my colleagues said it is an asset 

what I posted was about first time home buyer, buying a home is one of the most expensive investment, so wait a while may be a better for some then to rush into buying a re-sale which also mean the lease years are shorter and built are often not as good as newly built flats

I beg to correct you about private property price is guaranteed compared to HDB prices, let me direct you to Mariam Way Condo.

my biggest mistake like T2 is stupid never buy a HDB flat

What about Mariam Way condo?

20 years ago, a large 4BR should be about 500k. Or less?

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 3

7 minutes ago, pChou said:

Thanks for sharing Ash!

If i have a choice, i wish to buy BTO too, however the waiting time for the unit completion is a bit longer compared to the other option i'm considering. So we are thinking to use that BTO chance few years later on. Current resale HDB market, for units that are at better location, and just TOP now has reached about 700k - 800k eg tampines. If to buy older units, renovation will be needed then the cash outlay will be similar with just buying TOP unit....

I don't know your profile but I would hope you keep these in mind:

1. As long as PAP (my colleagues) are the majority and form the government, they would NOT let the HDB price fall too badly in times of recession or economic downturn. In fact, with aspiration of Singaporeans wanting the good life and living "like condo" style, to satisfy the mass, the government will build more and more like the Duxton. HDB prices will fluctuate but the general trend will be up. Hence, if this is your first property, HDB BTO. Resale has its own issues as you explained.

2. If this is your first property, you really need to be practical and not have lofty ideas. Location, Location, Location as to what you can afford. Because it will eventually affect your selling price when you intend to sell in the future.

3. The budget of your first property should not be one that stretches you until you got no savings for investment. You are still young and this is the golden years for you to accumulate wealth. When you made enough money later, you can choose where and when to buy. It becomes a no issue. It is like young man, little salary aspiration to buy big luxury car, it is an depreciating asset. It boost the ego but does nothing for this wealth accumulation and less his retirement.

4. Speak to friends or relatives who have gone through what you are likely to go through to understand the pitfalls and what to steer clear. I find speaking to someone with vested interest like a property agent generally do no good unless you are very strong minded and know what you want without being persuaded otherwise.

5. Buying a property is the easy part, it is the maintenance that may kill you financially. Eg Condos - quarterly maintenance (a few hundreds to a few thousands each month) have to pay regardless if you are working or not, property tax (keeps going up), setting aside money for repairs, utilities and etc. Every 10 years or so, all properties need upgrade or major maintenance work done, for HDB the government subsidize you heavily but in private you are on your own. In private it is very expensive for everything, eg changing a wall plug cost about $50 to 60 but in Condo no $100 to 150 no talk. If you are buying your first property, be prudent. There is no shame but should be congratulated for being financially wise. 

5. Like I said, if I had to start all over, I would have bought a HDB flat as my insurance in life whether I need it or not. Along the way, capital appreciation. 

6. Good luck.

I sincerely hope I had been helpful. If I may humbly request for good work done (if you think so) can help put in a good word for me to the undertaker (Radx). As you may know we have this love - love relationship. Thank you in advance.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

Just to share.

My greatest mistake.

Hope it helps.

I dun see it as a 'mistake' 😛

Go BTO first would be more conservative approach, while PTE first more 'garang' chiong first worry later YOLO (higher cost)

Self stay home should not be solely for investment or seen as a liability no input only output purpose calculated by $, but rather to fit into one's requirements, comfort and lifestyle.

To me no right wrong, no one size fits all, whichever approach ... its all good.

:D

Edited by Mercs
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10