Mercs: property news & updates

Mercs

11 hours ago, Wt_know said:

tengah is a slum area? 

simi village and garden ... lol

Better designed and built than most of the existing flats. Superior materials and  state of the art technology used during construction. Building costs of course is much higher.

I must finally say after 10 years, 4rm flats are now starting from 300K realistically unless grants are included (still 250K after grants).

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1

16 hours ago, Mercs said:

I LOL’d at this statement from the article 😂

Meanwhile, the Tengah projects, are also expected to be popular, especially among younger buyers who “want to buy into the future”, according to Mr Mak.

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

This statement is true. Many young to middle aged people with young children who do not work in the city are choosing the new BTO areas. Especially if they drive.

The same trend also can be seen for OCR private housing.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Damienic said:

Tengah?! Seriously who wants to stay there...

why not ... in future LCK also no $500K no talk hor ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Showster said:

This statement is true. Many young to middle aged people with young children who do not work in the city are choosing the new BTO areas. Especially if they drive.

The same trend also can be seen for OCR private housing.

New BTO price is cheaper esp if you buy those BTO far from city. So even you work in city also no choice and have to buy those far new BTO, cause popular BTO and BTO near city is very expensive and also too popular, even have money also may not able to get a queue number.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Damienic said:

Actually Tengah not say very ulu la, it is just opposite bt batok and near to cck. Last time punggol also ulu but now you see the town have so many people stay there. Lol.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Damienic said:

Quite ok. I drove there to my friend's BTO for housewarming. 

He currently travels abroad for much of his work assignments.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Showster said:

Quite ok. I drove there to my friend's BTO for housewarming. 

He currently travels abroad for much of his work assignments.

You mean you went to your friend's BTO housewarming in Tengah?

10 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Haha ... for Tengah, I reckon its more of higher chance and less waiting time for non mature estates 😉

Among the couples hoping to secure a unit in Ang Mo Kio is 29-year old Jacob Ong and his girlfriend of eight years. The couple had applied 10 times for flats in other mature estates like Bidadari to no avail.

• Praise 6

14 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Damn expensive 🤧

Expensive SG ... ah gong flats also few hundred K  a pop 😛

• Praise 5

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2019/11/184379/cdls-q3-profit-dragged-down-by-impairment-losses

CDL and its joint venture (JV) witnessed healthy residential sales. The group sold 1,130 units (including executive condominiums) in Singapore with total sales amounting to $2.56 billion. This reflects an almost 44% hike in units sold and around 64% improvement in sales value over a similar period last year.

In fact, Sengkang Grand Residences – a JV with CapitaLand – emerged as this year’s best-selling integrated project, with 232 units sold at an average selling price (ASP) of about $1,700 per sq ft (psf). The 592-unit freehold JV project, Amber Park, has sold 188 units of the 200 released to date, at an ASP of around $2,480 psf.

The 820-unit Piermont Grand executive condo (EC), Punggol’s first and only EC project launch in 2019, saw 444 units taken up at an ASP of $1,080 psf. Sales are expected to remain strong with the recent policy changes raising EC income from $14,000 to $16,000.

Meanwhile, the group revealed that its site at Sims Drive, which is being developed by JV partner Hong Leong Holdings into a 560-unit residential project, is set for launch in the first quarter of 2020.

• Praise 6

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2019/11/184348/uol-net-profit-down-7-in-q3

In a release, UOL noted that the Singapore residential market “has shown signs of improvement with strong underlying demand”.

It revealed that its Avenue South Residence project emerged as the top-selling project within the city-state for September, with over 400 units booked/sold since its August launch.

Previously launched projects, The Tre Ver and Amber45, were also well received with 86% and 80% of total units booked/sold respectively.

• Praise 6