Mercs: property news & updates

Mercs

16 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

750 ... where got cpf to deduct  lel 😅

You dunno some low or even no income ...  got loads of CPF inside and can even full cash if desire ... 😉

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

23 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Thanks bro! I just repriced my loan at 1.82%, fixed with 2 years lock in period with OCBC 😁

still high compared to the 1.3% I got 2 years ago but I Guess this rate is about there based on current market conditions.

Happy for you bro, fixed 2 years is good 👍peace of mind.

At 1.82%, more or less inline with current FD rates, can always just park some spare funds to offset the interest 😉 

Eg. Maybank 2% 24 months - https://info.maybank2u.com.sg/promotion/deposits-banking/isavvy-td.aspx

With a global recession looming, thinks interest rates will fall further, and advises not taking on the longer fixed rate packages.

He does not recommend the 5-year fixed rate package now because interest rates are going down.

It's not good to lock down fixed for so long when the cycle turns, 

"The shorter the better now - if there is 1-year fixed rate take 1-year... but right now the shortest seems to be 2-year fixed, unfortunately.

"Generally we favour floating rates on Sibor now that rates are under pressure and 2020 still likely to be a volatile year with a 50 per cent chance of global recession looming within the next one to three years." 

No one can say for sure, so the best policy is to remain totally nimble and not lock oneself for too long,

• Praise 7

19 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Sorry ah bro @Merc I piggyback on your thread.

anyone knows what condo is this?

the sky garden is so nice. Can see pinnacle@duxton and also the PSA container terminal.

No worries bro @Theoldjaffa as mentioned prior, thread belongs to all, so feel free to post any property news updates 😉

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Mercs said:

You dunno some low or even no income ...  got loads of CPF inside and can even full cash if desire ... 😉

waaa ah Kong really  宁可杀错不可放过 😜

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

the sky garden is so nice. Can see pinnacle@duxton and also the PSA container terminal.

pinnacle appeared to be lower than the building itself ......... That is Faking High .

pinnacle already 50 flr u know :XD:

• Praise 6

2 hours ago, Mercs said:

Happy for you bro, fixed 2 years is good 👍peace of mind.

At 1.82%, more or less inline with current FD rates, can always just park some spare funds to offset the interest 😉 

Eg. Maybank 2% 24 months - https://info.maybank2u.com.sg/promotion/deposits-banking/isavvy-td.aspx

Thanks bro.

its strange that floating rates are higher than fixed now, that’s why I chose fixed.

will take a look at the FD too 👍

• Praise 4

49 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

pinnacle appeared to be lower than the building itself ......... That is Faking High .

pinnacle already 50 flr u know :XD:

Ya lor. Dunno if it’s a condom or office tower 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Angcheek said:

waaa ah Kong really  宁可杀错不可放过 😜

In expensive SG, one and only no brainer solution for everything ... taxe$$$$$ :D😛

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Thanks bro.

its strange that floating rates are higher than fixed now, that’s why I chose fixed.

will take a look at the FD too 👍

Quite easy and clear to see bro, reason : interest rates looking to go downtrend. So if rates indeed do go down, float rates will also move down accordingly.

It always only serves the banks' interest to earn the highest rates possible,  so to offer float higher than fixed, more would go fixed and locked in at higher rates for the duration.

That said, I still think short term fixed is ideal for peace of mind, banks to be slow to lower rates if any,  as evident from the recent 3 fed cuts, also to safeguard against any rates rebound, though the latter scenario is rather unlikely.

Make sense? :D😛

• Praise 7

11 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

7A065042-2DA9-4AF4-B19C-F5BA58C0F2F1.jpeg

looks like skysuites @ anson

• Praise 4

34 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

buy buy buy ... simi tengah simi lck also must buy

sekali miss the boat ... no more “lucky effect” ... muahahaha

86E4186A-262C-462A-A9EA-606B915C96D0.jpeg

Anyhow call others flippers.

Might as well ask Govt to freeze all wages and policy all geared towards zero inflation. Swee boh?

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 2