Mercs: property news & updates

Mercs

https://www.99.co/singapore/insider/recently-mop-5-room-hdb-resale-flat-sengkang-sold-928k/

Recently MOP-ed 5-room HDB resale flat in Sengkang sold for S$928k

A 1,206 sq ft HDB resale flat has just been sold for S$928,000 in Sengkang. This works out to around S$770 psf.

Another thing to note is that the transaction price matched the current all-time high price for a 5-room HDB resale flat in Sengkang.

Back in November 2022, a similar-sized unit in the neighbouring block 216A was sold for S$928,000, setting the current record price in the estate. It’s located on a higher floor range within the 16th to 18th floor

More importantly, the owners of both units made a capital gain of S$429,000 to S$507,000 after a holding period of around five years (huat ah!). So at the time of the transactions, both units have around 93 years of remaining lease.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, Mercs said:

Definitely possible, there is no more 'ulu' location - eg: today even far flung Woodlands Yishun Punggol etc sold for a million dollars.

We can continue to be in denial, I reckon within the next decade or so, 2 mil HDB may be a reality.

As mentioned - 'Expensive SG, playground of the Rich'. 😉

2017- https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/singapores-property-prices-to-double-by-2030-morgan-stanley.html

2018 - https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/singapore-property-curbs-wont-cool-private-home-prices-says-morgan-stanley

No 1.5mil no talk 😉

• Shocked 3
  • Haha! 3

On 2/17/2023 at 5:58 PM, Mercs said:

https://www.99.co/singapore/insider/recently-mop-5-room-hdb-resale-flat-sengkang-sold-928k/

Recently MOP-ed 5-room HDB resale flat in Sengkang sold for S$928k

A 1,206 sq ft HDB resale flat has just been sold for S$928,000 in Sengkang. This works out to around S$770 psf.

Another thing to note is that the transaction price matched the current all-time high price for a 5-room HDB resale flat in Sengkang.

Back in November 2022, a similar-sized unit in the neighbouring block 216A was sold for S$928,000, setting the current record price in the estate. It’s located on a higher floor range within the 16th to 18th floor

More importantly, the owners of both units made a capital gain of S$429,000 to S$507,000 after a holding period of around five years (huat ah!). So at the time of the transactions, both units have around 93 years of remaining lease.

Sengkang hdb resale can also sold for $928k!!! Like that, those resale hdb in queenstown and those city fridge sell at 1 mill plus consider cheap liao? Lol.

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, 13177 said:

Sengkang hdb resale can also sold for $928k!!! Like that, those resale hdb in queenstown and those city fridge sell at 1 mill plus consider cheap liao? Lol.

It's the WFH after effect, big units now flavour of the month, anywhere also can ask a mil $, whether it's worth the price tag or overpriced ... :D

Queenstown or city fringe already asking near 1.5 mil, which is why as mentioned future 2 mil hdb(s) definitely possible. 😉

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mercs said:

Another HDB resale which spent so ex for renovation. I really curious how come people have so much cash on hand? I think the max amount that you can loan for renovation is not high.

• Praise 1

59 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Another HDB resale which spent so ex for renovation. I really curious how come people have so much cash on hand? I think the max amount that you can loan for renovation is not high.

Likely minority 

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Hearsay nowadays new gen paid off  their first 500k bto loan within 5 years. They no longer rely on their jobs as the only source of income stream, huat ah 😂 

• Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Hearsay nowadays new gen paid off  their first 500k bto loan within 5 years. They no longer rely on their jobs as the only source of income stream, huat ah 😂 

5 years can full paid their 500k hdb! :o So what other source of income stream they have which can generate so much cash? Sell backside? 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1