Brexit ? No-deal on 31st October

Lala81

Anyway with the search function broken, can't find the old thread.

But over the last few weeks, Boris has been busy doing the below,

a) Going to reopen parliament very late so that not much time to garner support to block brexit

b) Trying to kick out the opposition to no-deal brexit within his party via use of party whip

c) Changing the conservative party to essentially the Brexit party

For all intents and purposes, he's going to drag England into Brexit. Not sure what stumbling blocks Corbyn and the anti-no deal opposition within the Tories are going to do.
He's trying to position himself so that Nigel Farage doesn't have a chance to sneak in and steal his thunder?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-01/fate-of-brexit-is-up-in-the-air-as-johnson-delivers-surprises?srnd=premium-asia

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

They really should Brexit. No deal if that's the only choice. The will of those who voted must be respected. 

Never mind that it's national suicide. I am in favour of a person* being allowed to commit suicide at-will, why can't a nation elect to do the same? 😂 

*adult of sound mind. My personal philosophy, not contingent or impinging on my medical ethics, with the latter taking precedence in the appropriate context.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

Let them enjoy their choice.

My only concern is the english clubs i support travelling for european games get turned away as the English players did not have proper visas. Lol...

• Praise 1

I don't see what is the point of delaying if EU is not willing to renegotiate the deal and the issue on backstop and the UK parliament is not willing to back the deal May negotiated. 

• Praise 2

On 9/2/2019 at 8:34 PM, Turboflat4 said:

They really should Brexit. No deal if that's the only choice. The will of those who voted must be respected. 

Never mind that it's national suicide. I am in favour of a person* being allowed to commit suicide at-will, why can't a nation elect to do the same? 😂 

*adult of sound mind. My personal philosophy, not contingent or impinging on my medical ethics, with the latter taking precedence in the appropriate context.

I dont know about the national suicide part.  I believe the referendum was called  because Cameron was confident Remain would win.

The issue is this.  We say Brexit is national suicide.  Maybe yes and maybe know.  Now imagine a different scenario.  An opposition majority is elected into parliament and now there are calls for a second election because the people who voted the first time "got it wrong and were misled".  You see where I am going with this?

So that is why Brexit must happen. Otherwise the whole thing of voting and universal suffrage is a joke.  You are given the vote to vote freely.  But you must vote according to my wishes. Otherwise you were misled and to prevent national suicide I ask you to vote again.  And again. Until you get it right.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Silver_blade said:

I don't see what is the point of delaying if EU is not willing to renegotiate the deal and the issue on backstop and the UK parliament is not willing to back the deal May negotiated. 

Both France and Germany have indicated they are open to renegotiate and to find a solution to the backdrop

4 minutes ago, Vid said:

Both France and Germany have indicated they are open to renegotiate and to find a solution to the backdrop

Boris plan is working ... push EU to the corner with no deal brexit until got deal ... 

but Corbyn the trouble maker is not letting go ... 

if everything fail ... brexit with no deal is better than a bad deal from EU ... isn't it?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

Boris plan is working ... push EU to the corner with no deal brexit until got deal ... 

but Corbyn the trouble maker is not letting go ...  

Anything good will have some bugger trying to do the opposite. That's how the world work

• Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Vid said:

Last i read,

Macron was against any new renegotiation.
Merkel said can renegotiate but was non-commital. She didn't say anything beyond, there's always room for negotiation, she didn't say anything about not having a backstop.
The EU commissioner said no significant changes.

36 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I dont know about the national suicide part.  I believe the referendum was called  because Cameron was confident Remain would win.

The issue is this.  We say Brexit is national suicide.  Maybe yes and maybe know.  Now imagine a different scenario.  An opposition majority is elected into parliament and now there are calls for a second election because the people who voted the first time "got it wrong and were misled".  You see where I am going with this?

So that is why Brexit must happen. Otherwise the whole thing of voting and universal suffrage is a joke.  You are given the vote to vote freely.  But you must vote according to my wishes. Otherwise you were misled and to prevent national suicide I ask you to vote again.  And again. Until you get it right.

My point is respect the first vote. Sink or swim.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Last i read,

Macron was against any new renegotiation.
Merkel said can renegotiate but was non-commital. She didn't say anything beyond, there's always room for negotiation, she didn't say anything about not having a backstop.
The EU commissioner said no significant changes.

Brit MPs are trying to force a delay to 31 Jan for Brexit. That's not going to help if nothing new comes out of it. Can't delay forever