Hainanese Mooncakes might be disappearing here.

PSP415

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/trending/dying-art-of-hainanese-mooncakes-11849280

I confess.

Not eaten one before. But this will change very soon. 13 ingredients and 92 years old secret recipe. 

Hopefully they will pass on the craft and recipe down for many generations to come. "Old time taste" not easy to find these days. 

Just sharing

Safe ride

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

8 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/trending/dying-art-of-hainanese-mooncakes-11849280

I confess.

Not eaten one before. But this will change very soon. 13 ingredients and 92 years old secret recipe. 

Hopefully they will pass on the craft and recipe down for many generations to come. "Old time taste" not easy to find these days. 

Just sharing

Safe ride

Cheers 

All the 海南帮, fall in and do a grp buy!!!  [grouphug]:a-bday:[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

I confess.

Just sharing

Safe ride

Cheers 

I don't even know there is such mooncake. And the absurd thing is I also don't know there is a mall at macpherson! 

• Praise 4

I shall bring my old man there...the mall used to be Winsor plaza or something...changed hands a few times since I was little...had a primary school mate whom I visited frequently stayed nearby but I have yet to enter that complex. 

The said moon cakes look like half the regular ones...maciam tao sa piah instead. 

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

hahaha I heard they are  chio but very  Qiaak ............. 

it is your job to make them woon soon woon soon. And it all starts with the bed.[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Just now, Tianmo said:

it is your job to make them woon soon woon soon. And it all starts with the bed.[:p][laugh][laugh]

bed not suppose to become aggressive ?  😈 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

Have not tried Hainaness one b4 ......  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Eating Hainanese chicken rice alone doesn’t make one any Hainaness...

...must know barh dee boh barh dee (know death or not)...boh barh (no bus) darh deg sea (take taxi) 🚕 

• Praise 3

No wonder not selling well.

No one has heard about it.

Marketing is what they need.

😀

Send us a box at MCF and we will do a review for them.

• Praise 2

Ask both my dad and mum and both didnt know about this mooncake! (All 4 grandparents are hainanese as well!) saw the clip, seems like this is only available in SG, not in mainland china or hainan island. 

• Praise 3

13 hours ago, Tianmo said:

All the 海南帮, fall in and do a grp buy!!!  [grouphug]:a-bday:[laugh][laugh]

🙋‍♂️

Who else ah?

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1