Hainanese Mooncakes might be disappearing here.

PSP415

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

No wonder not selling well.

No one has heard about it.

Marketing is what they need.

😀

Send us a box at MCF and we will do a review for them.

I tot you wanna say have a meet up..... paging  @kobayashiGT🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

20 hours ago, Jman888 said:

being a hainanese but never eaten one before  [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

i don't eat mooncakes ... but i brought back some from hainan previously when i was there during the mooncake festival.

1 piece is actually more than enough ...... when it is 10" across and 1" high !!

• Praise 2

38 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

i am so surprised that many do not know the rich culture of hainanese.

i only know got chicken rice.

Hainan  curry rice? 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hoseyboh said:

Always asked friend to bring back from HK. Better stay away for the time being... 😥

IMG-20190903-WA0008.jpg

I paying for my MIL to go. 

I ask her buy for you. 

:D

but might  not be so soon. I send her only when it gets worse. 

• Praise 2

If want to make money start a Hainanese chicken rice stall in HK. 

There will be long queue as they love our chicken rice. 

My HK colleagues when they come here first thing they do is eat our chicken rice. 

10 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I paying for my MIL to go. 

I ask her buy for you. 

but might  not be so soon. I send her only when it gets worse. 

Kamsia ya. Please make sure you gib her a super size luggage so she can push all the way from highway to airport ya.... 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

i am so surprised that many do not know the rich culture of hainanese.

i only know got chicken rice.

I am so proud I know 3 times more than you. 

Chicken rice, kaya and curry rice!:XD:[laugh][laugh] 

• Praise 2

On 9/3/2019 at 10:38 AM, Tianmo said:

All the 海南帮, fall in and do a grp buy!!!  [grouphug]:a-bday:[laugh][laugh]

Think there were some informal roll call before in one of those hainan thread..  Quite a lot of mcfer are Hainanese.😁

• Praise 2

FR for this cafe... just my 1 cent thoughts.. dun bash me pls.. 

Since i am free, decided to drop by with my parents at 11.30am... but unfortunately, its operation timing only starts at 12pm... upon opening, went in and theres only about 5 to 6 some tables (table for 2 max 3 pax) and 1 x long table (6 pax sld be ok).. crowd was quite bad as there's quite a number of people waiting for seats..  order their chicken chop rice, pork chop rice, teh.. n did takeaway for kaya and the mooncake... 

Chicken chop/pork chop : 1 small piece of meat along with rice with some sides... nothing really touches my tastebud.. i still prefer han's hainanese chop... 

Kaya : colour was quite similar to what hainanese kaya suppose to be, but its more watery base and the taste was normal (i compare this with my dad kaya though) 

Teh : quite siap.. 

Mooncake : since i never try before what it suppose to be taste like, i would say not too bad, very different taste compare to what we use to eat. 

Conclusion : looking for somewhere where u can hear people converse in hainanese? Drop by and u will feel the warmthness... food wise, tried already, will not go back again... 

FYI : i was 3rd customer and waited for 1 hr for my food to be served... boss was kind enough to refund but i did not take it... boss did explain that they are overwhelm by the crowd, thats why waiting time was long.. so if u are deciding to visit this place this couple of weeks, you are warn for the waiting time... 

• Praise 7

Tao Payoh Lor 7, market. There is one stall selling Hainanese cake and pastries. They also have Hainanese moon cake during the season. I remember once I did buy for my father. Surprised that he had never ate before. But he didn't like it at all. hahaha.. Still prefer the double yolk type.

• Praise 2

So can anyone cfm if this is really traditional hainanese mooncake? 

Base on so many feedback so far,  from some even their elders, seem like no one know such hainanese mooncake.  [confused]:huh:[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

On 9/4/2019 at 10:24 PM, Se3h3ng said:

FR for this cafe... just my 1 cent thoughts.. dun bash me pls.. 

Since i am free, decided to drop by with my parents at 11.30am... but unfortunately, its operation timing only starts at 12pm... upon opening, went in and theres only about 5 to 6 some tables (table for 2 max 3 pax) and 1 x long table (6 pax sld be ok).. crowd was quite bad as there's quite a number of people waiting for seats..  order their chicken chop rice, pork chop rice, teh.. n did takeaway for kaya and the mooncake... 

Chicken chop/pork chop : 1 small piece of meat along with rice with some sides... nothing really touches my tastebud.. i still prefer han's hainanese chop... 

Kaya : colour was quite similar to what hainanese kaya suppose to be, but its more watery base and the taste was normal (i compare this with my dad kaya though) 

Teh : quite siap.. 

Mooncake : since i never try before what it suppose to be taste like, i would say not too bad, very different taste compare to what we use to eat. 

Conclusion : looking for somewhere where u can hear people converse in hainanese? Drop by and u will feel the warmthness... food wise, tried already, will not go back again... 

FYI : i was 3rd customer and waited for 1 hr for my food to be served... boss was kind enough to refund but i did not take it... boss did explain that they are overwhelm by the crowd, thats why waiting time was long.. so if u are deciding to visit this place this couple of weeks, you are warn for the waiting time... 

Thanks for sharing! 👍🏻

Actually there's a hainanese rest -  Yeh Ting  owned by Jack Place. 

Mooi Chin too.

Edited by Dleodleo
  • Praise 4

On 9/4/2019 at 10:55 PM, Ender said:

Tao Payoh Lor 7, market. There is one stall selling Hainanese cake and pastries. They also have Hainanese moon cake during the season. I remember once I did buy for my father. Surprised that he had never ate before. But he didn't like it at all. hahaha.. Still prefer the double yolk type.

Hainanese uncle and auntie like to eat hainan kueh.  I dun know wat it is called.  The white one with coconut inside.  I think you know which one. 😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5