Hainanese Mooncakes might be disappearing here.

PSP415

8 hours ago, Dleodleo said:

Hmmm.... I think so.  Correct me if I am wrong.  11 below.

@Ender, @Sotong07, @Ysc3, @Meanmachine, @Picnic06-Biante15, @Jman888, @Uncle2, @Discoburg, @Fcw75, @Se3h3ng and dleodleo.

@Discoburg, I'm not sure but if I remember correctly he's one.

Wow how you know I am a hainanese???

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

I just tried to find it on Google maps... But I think it has been eons since I went to lavender street ....the place looks unrecognisable... And I think the shop is no longer there also. 

I think no more liao.  even the toa payoh one also closed.

https://tidbitsmag.com/good-year-local-hainanese-chicken-rice-ball-is-closing-down/

If want to eat have to make our own liao.  My mum always make for my children to eat.  Must "ball" it when the rice is hot hot if not cannot stick together.

• Praise 5

46 minutes ago, Dleodleo said:

https://tidbitsmag.com/good-year-local-hainanese-chicken-rice-ball-is-closing-down/

If want to eat have to make our own liao.  My mum always make for my children to eat.  Must "ball" it when the rice is hot hot if not cannot stick together.

I tried pressing the rice ball once when I was young...then I told my late mother it’s ok to just scoop the rice onto the plate next time. No fun because it was scalding hot...

Can still ease the craving at Malaysia Food Street in Resort World but come with a premium price for tiny ones. 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Dleodleo said:

Very hard to find iron hand now.

I love chicken rice a lot.

8 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Very hard to find iron hand now.

I love chicken rice a lot.

no need to have iron hand, just wear a cloth glove then plastic glove will isolate the heat, always see hawker do that when they need to use hand to deal with hot food.

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, Dleodleo said:

Still have. There is one opposite Sim Lim Tower. Inside one of the coffee shop.

• Praise 4

14 hours ago, Jman888 said:

no need to have iron hand, just wear a cloth glove then plastic glove will isolate the heat, always see hawker do that when they need to use hand to deal with hot food.

Cannot bro... will stick de... bare hand best cause can keep the heat and moist for "sticky-ness" purposes... 

13 hours ago, Twister said:

Still have. There is one opposite Sim Lim Tower. Inside one of the coffee shop.

Tried years ago... 2 x rice ball (bigger than usual size)... i find the taste ok... but surprisingly not flooded with people... 

Anyway, who got lobang for si bei hainanese de chicken rice? (Must be good de lah) hahaaaa

Oh yes, 1 more dish comes to my mind. Chap chye... every year without fail during new year, my mum will use charcoal fire to boil this dish. Cannot liao. Tomorrow must hint my mum to cook it soon! 🤣