YOLO - SG to Europe in a $11K van

Lala81

The audacity of these people!

How dare they spurn the Singapore dream of working hard to buy a HDB?! How dare they not get married and have children to lift our birthrates so our GDP can increase from strength to strength?! Foolish people who don't know how great Singapore is and how safe it is - guess they will only learn when they get robbed or killed in unsafe places like Malaysia or Thailand.

Pity the parents of millennials these days.

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Kusje said:

The audacity of these people!

How dare they spurn the Singapore dream of working hard to buy a HDB?! How dare they not get married and have children to lift our birthrates so our GDP can increase from strength to strength?! Foolish people who don't know how great Singapore is and how safe it is - guess they will only learn when they get robbed or killed in unsafe places like Malaysia or Thailand.

Pity the parents of millennials these days.

ya lor....they so unlike you

young, successful high flyer married with kid and living in big ec driving atas car and actively contributing to our gdp

already living more than the sg dream....when having your 2,3,4 ...kids?

👍💪

On 8/28/2019 at 7:52 PM, Adrianli said:

Wow. Wonder how they going to get past the Thai border to Laos or Cambodia which are left hand drive.

Wishing them all the luck.

The Malaysian Trueno already entered China territory. The fella is driving to Germany.

41 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

The Malaysian Trueno already entered China territory. The fella is driving to Germany.

Are they driving the Trueno back??? Or a one way trip.

7 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Are they driving the Trueno back??? Or a one way trip.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. There's another Malaysian chap who is driving up to Germany to meet his girlfriend and propose to her.

You can read more here https://www.ae86tour.my/

https://mothership.sg/2019/08/malaysia-drive-to-germany/

Edited by Beehive3783
  • Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. There's another Malaysian chap who is driving up to Germany to meet his girlfriend and propose to her.

You can read more here https://www.ae86tour.my/

https://mothership.sg/2019/08/malaysia-drive-to-germany/

This one is fully sponsored and with two other co-drivers. Never mentioned if they will be driving the car back to Malaysia.

5 hours ago, Enye said:

ya lor....they so unlike you

young, successful high flyer married with kid and living in big ec driving atas car and actively contributing to our gdp

already living more than the sg dream....when having your 2,3,4 ...kids?

👍💪

yeah lor yeah lor.

not sure why everyone can't think and be like me. work hard, save money and pay taxes, have children and live a very fufilling life in singapore.

19 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

This one is fully sponsored and with two other co-drivers. Never mentioned if they will be driving the car back to Malaysia.

Well this shows no problem to enter LHD countries as you worried about.

Don't forget the SG reg GTR that drove to Mt Everest.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:56 PM, Philipkee said:

Hee.  Advertise that thread again.  But one reason why I want to show it here is cos how I planned the trip and everything is stated here and it's only 30% of all planning.

My point is that before every long trip there should be a lot of planning.  People dont wing it just like that.  They will APPEAR to be winging it because they dont want to bother listeners with the boring parts and they also dont believe in over planning.  

The problem is when people read about these trips and they think it's all about winging it and they really decide to just wing it without planning......

Like my trip I planned the route since 2004, actual planning in mid 2017 and trip in 2018.  I didn't wake up one morning and throw letter of resignation to my boss and buy a one way ticket to china.......

Please don't exaggerate. 

Your life is not half over lah. 

You are not married and don't have a MIL. 

Then it's half over. 

Or maybe even more than half. 

:D

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Kusje said:

yeah lor yeah lor.

not sure why everyone can't think and be like me. work hard, save money and pay taxes, have children and live a very fufilling life in singapore.

Wwwooooohoooooo

sifu @enye has taught you well

13 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Do you mean pickup truck?  As in Hilux, Triton or Ranger.

It is way more ex than van le.

Truck or off roader. Good to have low range gear.

Def more exp. but I think is an investment that is necessary.

7 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Truck or off roader. Good to have low range gear.

Def more exp. but I think is an investment that is necessary.

Definitely agree.

Must rem to use the correct tyre

I respect all these people who go on all this kind of long road trips. I wish I have the guts to do it too. But I am a scaredy cat. Cannot tahan outdoor wilderness one. 😔

• Praise 1

BTW I follow them on Instagram, and it seems like they aren't exactly short of funds. So in that sense I suppose they have sorta planned and prepared for this.

They also like to take their time, hence the slow progress. Now they're in Bangkok, going around shopping like any Singaporean LOL.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1