YOLO - SG to Europe in a $11K van

Lala81

1 hour ago, JohnSHL said:

mj.jpg.94baf92bf7c35098acf84b3698f03d21.jpg

:a-confused:

Wah lau. What excellent planning. 🙄

I really hope that when they get to some very dangerous country they don't get into deep trouble (like kena kidnap and held hostage). Otherwise very jialat.

But they really need to be a little bit more wise.

• Praise 2

On 9/19/2019 at 11:04 AM, Mockngbrd said:

meanwhile.... after 31 days, Msian Takumi is now in Russia. This is doing things properly. 

i wonder how difficult to drive a RHD car (ie msia & spore car) to europe which is mainly LHD

i would get a Subaru Forester turbo AWD to cheong to Europe [sly]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

They coming back home?

apparently they're heading to the Malaysia-thai border at Bukit Bunga/Buketa to get the missing document and then return to Cambodia. I don't know why, or how they came to this decision.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i wonder how difficult to dribe a RHD car (ie msia & spore car) to europe which is mainly LHD

I have driven a RHD landrover defender in Taiwan.

Not too bad actually, as long as you're not alone in the car and need to take carpark coupon or pay toll.

in terms of actual driving on the roads, just need to be more attentive in following roads signs. Not too different from driving a LHD car in LHD county (I did that for a few mths in Philippines).

• Praise 2

i have driven many times LHD car in a LHD country. i have confidence. 

but not a RHD car in a LHD country especially doing a traffic light turn with multiple lanes. sibei confusing as driver on  the right side and must turn to the correct lane [sweatdrop]

as for paying toll or collecting coupon/voucher has no issue since there is a passenger. 

overtaking must be careful but no difference like overtaking road hogger from left in RHD ... [laugh]

side parking? i guess need some adjustment ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

i wonder how difficult to drive a RHD car (ie msia & spore car) to europe which is mainly LHD

OK la. Quite easy to get used to it cos follow other cars on the road. Just don't be blur cock. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

Just now, Mockngbrd said:

OK la. Quite easy to get used to it. Just don't be blur cock. 

if i blur cock ... can get MCF sponsor me to check in 5-star hotel? lol

12 hours ago, Wt_know said:

If you're talking about adapting, then not very difficult la. After a while you get used to it already.

If you're talking about paperwork, then I dunno liao.

But many UK folks (RHD) drive into Europe (LHD) all the time. Seems to be no issue.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Wt_know said:

i have driven many times LHD car in a LHD country. i have confidence. 

but not a RHD car in a LHD country especially doing a traffic light turn with multiple lanes. sibei confusing as driver on  the right side and must turn to the correct lane [sweatdrop]

as for paying toll or collecting coupon/voucher has no issue since there is a passenger. 

overtaking must be careful but no difference like overtaking road hogger from left in RHD ... [laugh]

side parking? i guess need some adjustment ... 

I've driven from Thailand (RHD) into Laos and Vietnam (LHD) before. Honestly after a short while you get used to it already.

• Praise 3

On 9/21/2019 at 11:26 PM, JohnSHL said:

mj.jpg.94baf92bf7c35098acf84b3698f03d21.jpg

:a-confused:

Forget simi declaration form lah. Tink what they realli need in thailand is this:

SIN_EU.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:41 AM, Wt_know said:

i don't really think u want to change the spark plugs for a boxer 4 for such a long trip.

There is a youtube channel on these 2 guys (one drive evo, one drive WRX) along a long road trip. Changing oil is easy. but seeing the WRX guy trying to change his spark plugs LOL... 

• Praise 1