YOLO - SG to Europe in a $11K van

Lala81

36 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Good idea. 

This van no COE one. 

:D

The van which they sourced from Malaysia is quite old, easily more than 15 years. It seems they never mentioned about doing up the engine. Hope it is not using timing belt. Another thing which they mentioned was the air-con, after topping up the gas, it was running well. I believe there must be a leak some where. Topping up the gas does not solve the problem! Wishing them a trouble free expedition!

• Praise 5

Its not going to be an easy ride, dangers will be there but quite impressed with them that they are taking this path with so much excitement and she cant even drive a manual gear (what happens if her hubby fall sick or something liddat) 

I guess they will abandon the vehicle at the end of the journey ?? 

• Praise 9

7 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Its not going to be an easy ride, dangers will be there but quite impressed with them that they are taking this path with so much excitement and she cant even drive a manual gear (what happens if her hubby fall sick or something liddat) 

I guess they will abandon the vehicle at the end of the journey ?? 

final stop in china, maybe just dump there and take a flight back 😂

33 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I thought its go China Mongolia Russia then into Europe? Haha don think its a round trip 

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I thought its go China Mongolia Russia then into Europe? Haha don think its a round trip 

but I think they will drive the van back, it's the 战车 that will be put in their museum. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

I thought it is from Sg to Portugal!?

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Wow. Wonder how they going to get past the Thai border to Laos or Cambodia which are left hand drive.

Wishing them all the luck.

there are two well-established car crossing points from Thai to Cambodia. Thought of going but I figured I prefer to roam around the highlands of north thai.

btw I just got back from a short trip up to prachuap kiri khan and ratchaburi. Will share pics when I hv time.

• Praise 8

YOLO is the best .... work 9-to-9 and serve hdb loan is a dead end life

i admire them ... young and dangerous ... loa liao very hard to do

simply sleep on slightly harder bed backache liao ... lol 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

The wife quite ok looking 😽

The Van OK lookin or not ?? Lets see how long they can go, of course I wish them  safe good luck/ trip  all the way   

• Praise 6

this one really YOLO.  while some have expressed support for them, i tend to think otherwise .

mainly because my guess is that they stop giving allowance to parents.  secondly i don't really think it is going to be enjoyable trip if traveller have to keep minding the  cost and budget.  thirdly as i think, any breakdown of the van is going to be messy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1