Start review of caning in schools

kobayashiGT

9 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Didn't get caned in school, only kena the metre-ruler.  However got plenty of caning at home and the govt didn't regular that!  😂

PS to the IT team - the new emojis are terrible - no colour and so small!  People with old flower eyes cannot distinguish one from another.  Bring back the old ones please!

Old ones have to scoll all the way down [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Time has changed, and we can no longer use "my time" as the gold standard to manage.

Its easy to say just cane lah, last time we also kena cane growing up. Are the condition the same now with what the kids are going through now and what we went through at the same age?  

30-40 years ago, a 16 years old probably wont even know how to "ON" a computer. Today, a 13-14 years old know how to get a grab and order food delivery on his/her mobile phone. Many factors contribute to the shift in maturing earlier, even voting ages are pushing forward.

Caning was the fear used to manage students, but that fear factor is longer strong, in many cases it has even become a proud moment for IG stories. Human being react differently to fear at different age, and to manage the current generation, the effective way is to find what they "fear", and caning is out of fashion. 

Yes, I cane, and I still encouraging caning, but at a younger age, when "pain" was fearful for them. Once they reach 10-11 years old, caning doesnt really work anymore.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Rotan lah [laugh] [:p]

Looking at the strawberry generation today

I think its the parents that need the caning.

No point blaming the kids when the parents never bring them up properly.

The parents never teach the kids not to shame the family good name.

This one especially.

Bring shame to the family only.

😀  

image.jpeg.204ce2df0d70c6cf19f804f7bdd9d30c.jpeg

5 hours ago, Tianmo said:

30-40 years ago, a 16 years old probably wont even know how to "ON" a computer. 

36 years ago, this (i.e. lim peh) 9 year old was programming a computer. 

Old time geeks are more geeky than the supposed tech savvy strawberries simply because modern things are too user friendly. I laugh at how unadaptable some of these young people are.

I know it's not your main point but I wanted to point this out. 

12 hours ago, Lala81 said:

The last time i saw a caning was when my classmate had been stealing our stuff on multiple occasions. And even stole class funds.

If minor issue, will need to cane meh. The school is implementing internal discipline so that not to bring it to the attention to the authorities. In a way, they are trying to help the student.

You are right. Parents think caning is arbitrary, and teachers are exploiting their power??

Ok lorrr, then for stealing, straightaway report to police and let the law take its course. How? Preferable?

30 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

36 years ago, this (i.e. lim peh) 9 year old was programming a computer. 

Old time geeks are more geeky than the supposed tech savvy strawberries simply because modern things are too user friendly. I laugh at how unadaptable some of these young people are.

I know it's not your main point but I wanted to point this out. 

Hmm ... doing some math here. Yes, I was already also programming in BASIC on the IBM PC XT (clone!) In those days, we even knew how to create batch files on DOS, and create RAM-drives (virtual drive) to minimize floppy disk changing.

I think today's strawberries don't even know how to bring up the command prompt on their PC, not that they need to these days. Maybe only those who mess with Linux will still be doing a lot of typing.

• Praise 1

Does not work lah... In fact the masochistic personality type will rebel further to get free whipping. LOL.🤣

用爱的教育去感化他们。

Edited by Kangadrool

9 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Hmm ... doing some math here. Yes, I was already also programming in BASIC on the IBM PC XT (clone!) In those days, we even knew how to create batch files on DOS, and create RAM-drives (virtual drive) to minimize floppy disk changing.

I think today's strawberries don't even know how to bring up the command prompt on their PC, not that they need to these days. Maybe only those who mess with Linux will still be doing a lot of typing.

I started (in 1983, when I was 9) with BASIC on the Apple IIe compatible, going on to 6502 assembly and pure machine language on the same before going on to IBM (yes with an XT, that was the 8088 architecture, before the x86s rolled in).

15 hours ago, PSP415 said:

So proud. Never once kena caned in school.

Only at home😔. Late mum was the executor. Tell lies will have chilli padi stuffed into mouth. When she scolded any of us kiddos, 10 blocks away can hear her. She not shy one. We very.

Please cane. Some kids need the cane to understand how loved they are and change. Counselling and soft methods are like nagging and ineffective. 

The problem lies in the formula milk.😂😂😂 I kid. 

Just dun cane in an angry mood. Can cross line to abuse liao. 1 cane away.

Just my tots 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Wow ! U are the bestest good 😇kid in MCF  like @Ash2017 ( pure white) 😜😜 unlike me got chequered his-story  in Preambree skool 👿 like @Angcheek🤣 and now in MCF 

Yippy....... last day of skool today ....

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 3

3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Wow ! U are the bestest good 😇kid in MCF  like @Ash2017 ( pure white) 😜😜 unlike me got chequered his-story  in Preambree skool 👿 like @Angcheek🤣 and now in MCF 

Yippy....... last day of skool today ....

Tsk tsk. U street wisest and betterest in cheques, i mean u so young oredi start writing cheques while i still counting marbles in preambreee tree😁

When one had a fierce mum like mine, one will want to be a good kid especially when she gave a blank cheque to the form teacher to cane me if i noti.😪 Every year blank cheque passed on to the next new form teacher.😅😂

Safe ride 

Cheers

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Tsk tsk. U street wisest and betterest in cheques, i mean u so young oredi start writing cheques while i still counting marbles in preambreee tree😁

When one had a fierce mum like mine, one will want to be a good kid especially when she gave a blank cheque to the form teacher to cane me if i noti.😪 Every year blank cheque passed on to the next new form teacher.😅😂

Safe ride 

Cheers

Eh ! U goody 2 shoes type lah , no cum TCSS here lah ....me is go-head gostan kid of Chai Chee /Peng Ghee gansta area ; Mother luv me to pieces and father tear me to pieces 

Simi checks?? Toking  , me is Chequered past hor , no pray pray 🤣🤣

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

3 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Eh ! U goody 2 shoes type lah , me is go-head gostan kid of Chai Chee /Peng Ghee gansta area ; Mother luv me to pieces and father tear me to pieces 

Simi checks?? Toking  , me is Chequered past hor , no pray pray 🤣🤣

That's why lor. U win. Me not pray pray, me say u the can cos street wisest and so ckever to have past full of cheques from so young👍

😅😂😂😂😂

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Sosaria said:

You are right. Parents think caning is arbitrary, and teachers are exploiting their power??

Ok lorrr, then for stealing, straightaway report to police and let the law take its course. How? Preferable?

Yes. Detention is a very minor punishment. Even I've done detention for some minor infringement (can't remember if it's cos i was late 3-5 times or cos i was talking in class during lessons).

What's next then? Suspension from school? That's kinda counter productive in most cases as many of the serious offenders are delinquents or borderline delinquents.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Sosaria said:

yeah.. some dont even know powershell wrappers or note ++ even for today.

But they can tell you a thing or you about the dark web.

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yes. Detention is a very minor punishment. Even I've done detention for some minor infringement (can't remember if it's cos i was late 3-5 times or cos i was talking in class during lessons).

What's next then? Suspension from school? That's kinda counter productive in most cases as many of the serious offenders are delinquents or borderline delinquents.

nowadays, canning get street cred and can upload to facebook. Last time it was a shame on the family name and can cause suicidal thots.

😵😝

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Jman888 said:

nowadays with so many protective parents, who dare to cane these kids?

thats why moe must have clear cut regulations that allow schools to cane students that break rules and protect the school and teacher from any outburst from parent.

if moe cannot come out to take the heat, it wont work.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1