Malaysian commando shot dead in live-firing demo

StreetFight3r

On 9/8/2019 at 9:26 AM, Jamesc said:

Whoever dreamt up this demo should be shot.

Without a vest.

😀

But not head shot

Cos he bullet will go straight through as no brain.

not everyone can do a national day parade like SIngapore.

To one-upmanship, don't use bulletproof vest lor..

simple thing like this also can fail. So I do worry when people do really stupid stuff.

47 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

They have a fairly casual view about live firing safety.  The individual walking in front of live fire in this documentary is purportedly the soldier killed in this incident.

Malaysia Live Firing Exercise

Sheer stupidity is difficult to cure. This is the machoism blinding simple training safety. I shudder to think how many other people must have died in training accidents if simple thing like range safety is not taken seriously.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Nostalgia said:

They have a fairly casual view about live firing safety.  The individual walking in front of live fire in this documentary is purportedly the soldier killed in this incident.

Malaysia Live Firing Exercise

Long ago .. way back when we were school students training for air rifle meet.. imagine this..

10m range. 

Bout 6 shooters. 

Targets just under 1m apart. 

This instructor goes squat in between targets one by one while we shoot. He had faith in our marksmanship.. I personally won't do it though 😆. But we were all shooting sub 2cm type grouping so is actually rather safe. 

That attached video definitely broke safety,  I think it was much to impress the prc. But wasn't really that dangerous considering the shooters are not noobs... still.. fail TSR.

In SAF

Real danger is during live firing,  you form up in line,   last burst fire,  and you have some bo bo beside you... and as you advance,  you see bullets hit the ground beside you instead of at the target..😱

• Praise 2

Why use live bullets when its a demo with other spectators around? I don't want to comment much as I don't have the full picture but just felt a life that can contribute more towards their nation is now wasted.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:57 AM, Playtime said:

Long ago .. way back when we were school students training for air rifle meet.. imagine this..

10m range. 

Bout 6 shooters. 

Targets just under 1m apart. 

This instructor goes squat in between targets one by one while we shoot. He had faith in our marksmanship.. I personally won't do it though 😆. But we were all shooting sub 2cm type grouping so is actually rather safe. 

That attached video definitely broke safety,  I think it was much to impress the prc. But wasn't really that dangerous considering the shooters are not noobs... still.. fail TSR.

In SAF

Real danger is during live firing,  you form up in line,   last burst fire,  and you have some bo bo beside you... and as you advance,  you see bullets hit the ground beside you instead of at the target..😱

sometime some commander want to act garlang , thats why accident happen....

i

All the Boleh land fighter aircraft also always crash.

Most of their aircraft lost through training accidents and none lost in combat. 

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

What a bunch of stupids. Malaysia always likes to waste $.

They should learn from us and drown their commandos instead. Save money on bullets.

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

They need to conduct more frequent training! so that  the cost of maintenance will be lower!:XD:

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

On 9/10/2019 at 12:14 PM, Jamesc said:

I think most of them just Smoke in the cockpit ....... 🤣  Got too smoky cannot see 

• Praise 7

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, Meanmachine said:

Remimd me of our own Aloy Pang's case, we are equally careless, in peace time, training can be exasperated to next level, May he RIP . 

I think this case is totally the opposite of Aloy Pang's case of any recent cases we have in the SAF.

In SAF at least we strife to be as safe as possible with all the process and TSRs to avoid as much risk as possible. Alas the accidents that followed are due to negligence or complacency.

For the MAF case,  it is a blatant disregard of safely at all levels with zero risk assessment at all. It's like they are thinking that bullets have eyes or they truly think they are super garang and really invincible. To make matters worst, it is a mass demonstration with spectators and such. If the bullets don't hit the commando actors, surely they should be worried if one stray round hits the spectators right?

I know someone mentioned the professional forces around the world are trained with live rounds and so on too, but they trained professionally in a controlled situation, pretty much like how we trained. In fact if you search further,  netizens from foreign armies are also WTFing on this news and on the use of live rounds in a open spectator demo too.

101 things can go wrong and it's like they had it coming with that slack safe culture. As what professional soldiers would say. The worst death are training deaths because to die even before going into combat is a total waste of life and the suffering put into the training. And to make things worst this not even death during training.

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement