Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Its very clear how the accident happened.

I hope someone can remove the video clip. It will be heartbreaking for the loved ones of the decease to watch it..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I hope someone can remove the video clip. It will be heartbreaking for the loved ones of the decease to watch it..

I am not saying what you say is wrong but is it also necessary correct?

If a member of the family was knocked down.

Most people would want to know how it happened.

If a member of my own family got knocked down I would want to know exactly what happened.

I would also wanted to know whose fault is it.

If the driver was 100% at fault I would want him to be prosecuted to the full extend of the law.

But seeing the video maybe the family would also know both sides also contributed.

• Praise 5

Singapore so small, just make a few turns and you will get back to the correct path. Sometimes I don’t understand why some ppl die die wan to make the turn or chiong for the exit at expressways when they already know they are not in time le. You die your problem lar, don’t drag others with u.

Since when most people cared about other people?

They only care about themselves.

Other people's safety don't even come into their thinking.

At all.

:D

• Praise 4

If a member of my own family got knocked down I would want to know exactly what happened.

If the driver was 100% at fault I would want him to be prosecuted to the full extend of the law.

But seeing the video maybe the family would also know both sides also contributed.

I believe he was referring to posting the video publicly , what you said is providing evidence to the family. I supposrt his view, since auntie has unfortunately passed on, the video should be removed to respect the feeling of the family members of the deceased.
  • Praise 2

I believe he was referring to posting the video publicly , what you said is providing evidence to the family. I supposrt his view, since auntie has unfortunately passed on, the video should be removed to respect the feeling of the family members of the deceased.

I agree with your view

but his view and your view are totally opposite.

His view is -  It will be heartbreaking for the loved ones of the decease to watch it.. 

Our view is it might be heartbreaking for the loved ones of the decease for other people to watch it.. 

There again our view might be wrong.

We are only speculating what we think the family might feel.

They could feel the opposite.

I agree with your view

but his view and your view are totally opposite.

His view is - It will be heartbreaking for the loved ones of the decease to watch it..

Our view is it might be heartbreaking for the loved ones of the decease for other people to watch it..

There again our view might be wrong.

We are only speculating what we think the family might feel.

They could feel the opposite.

Doesn't really matter whose view on this. Do you want keep watching how your love one die over and over again?

Let the law determine who is at fault.

Doesn't really matter whose view on this. Do you want keep watching how your love one die over and over again?

Let the law determine who is at fault.

If the loved ones wanted to watch the video again and again they would have to click the video again and again.

If they didn't click the video again and again then they cannot keep watching it again and again.

If they don't click the video at all then they cannot watch it at all.

Its not like an advert on TV that if you watch TV you cannot help but see the advert.

If you want to massage your ego and feel self righteous then we can understand that.

But what you write has no logic at all.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Lailai... Lunch...

Should put this under reckless cyclist! Damn the cyclist dash through at that amk junction!! That area so many vehicle, really asking for a death wish

Wah lan eh [laugh] [laugh]

One is a PMD/cyclist beating the red light

One is a car that abruptly changed lanes in the middle of an intersection

When one idiot meets another idiot, spectacular things can happen! 

9df.gif

• Praise 10

Probably trying to mitigate that aunty jay walked that attributed to the unfortunate accident.

Yes, I think so too. But it also has him on the hook for a couple of things:

• Fail to keep a proper look out when:
    • approaching the intersection (based on the aunty's pace, she was already crossing the road at the start of the video)
    • entering the main flow of traffic, fail to look at where he was going
  • Did not come to a complete stop at the stop line. It is a solid white line, not a pair of dashed lines. The TP does not enforce this strictly enough. 

One is a PMD/cyclist beating the red light

One is a car that abruptly changed lanes in the middle of an intersection

When one idiot meets another idiot, spectacular things can happen!

9df.gif

This type of accident very good - one time take out a reckless cyclist (hospital) and driver (suspension).
  • Praise 7

Agree.

Before technology advancement and abundance of dash cam, without video proof of accident:

- pedestrian gets run over and killed

- driver gets charged for failing to keep proper lookout and causing death as a result

- family and friends of pedestrian convince themselves with verdict by authorities that it was entirely the fault of the driver

AFTER technology advancement and abundance of dash cam, WITH video proof of accident:

- pedestrian gets run over and killed

- drivers get charged for failing to keep proper lookout and causing death as a result

- family and friends of pedestrian STILL convince themselves with verdict by authorities that it was entirely the fault of the driver

OR

- family and friends of pedestrian come to terms to the fact that if the driver had kept proper lookout, the accident could have been prevented but accept the fact that the "drivers will surely be able to see me and slow down for me" mentality of the pedestrian was a contributing factor

i am very disheartened when I see parents with young children in tow, blatantly walking into the path of my vehicle, expecting me to be able to spot them and brake almost immediately for them. What kind of mindset would these children grow up to have? Then if ever they get run over, lose limbs or worse, lives, they probably still will insist their right of way and that the river should have stopped for them. Likewise for old folks, pregnant women, people with eyes on their phones and/or headphones in their heads.

In my opinion, the sense of having the right of way and self entitlement of both drivers and pedestrians, cyclists and PMD riders included, are the main contributing factors to road accidents. It is a serious issue in which I feel we have only ourselves to blame. Can we change anything? I do not know. But I do know I will play may part in knowing that the right of way is only useful during accident investigations and I will constantly remind myself and loved ones not to expect motorists to give way to us, UNTIL they have established eye contact with us, come to a complete stop and wave you along.

Oh ya, what eye contact? All stuck to phones... 

This kinda farker will meet his end. Just matter of time.

Yeah I really hope so too...

But too bad for the innocent guy whom he will drag along with him..

Always on hindsight, another preventable accident.

1. Pls stop at STOP Line. Only max 10 seconds to start again. I know, some bros will say 10 seconds! Can reach airport from Jurong man.

• Praise 5

2 things,

1) driver was checking clear of traffic from right side not know the auntie was crossing into his front when he drove off. Worst thing is, after he knock the auntie at slow speed, he still continue to drive through... Seriously wtf.

2) auntie simply boh chap when crossing road, machiam own the road. Unfortunately unable to learn this lesson as she pay with her life.

On point 1, I have kena before this kena stunt. After check clear traffic and upon moving off, suddenly pedestrian appeared in front out of nowhere. Really shit in pants feeling.

Then I guess the the pedestrian also gave you a death stare, which gave you the "drive car big f**k is it" or the "KNN you never see me crossing the road here is it" or combination of both?

Haha, been there kena that before

Pedestrians always have the mentality that drivers will always be the one at fault if the vehicle hit them, this is reinforced by all the verdicts in court cases that always ruled against the drivers whether the pedestrians are jay-walking or dashed out from nowhere, which are just mitigating factors to determine the penalties.

Sad, but true.

A friend of mine was on his motorcycle driving down the road within speed limit, when a pedestrian decided his luck was better that day with the red man instead of the green one.

That pedestrian got hit by my friend who never really had the chance to brake in time. He landed on his head and died in hospital a fortnight later.

My friend got jailed.

This happened when there wasn't such a thing called dash cam.

While I understand this is entirely my friend's side of the story and only he knew what really happened and if he had told the truth. I believe he did. But like you pointed out, the rules are always against the people on the machines, even though it may be the fault of the pedestrian entirely.

↡ Advertisement