Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

One is a PMD/cyclist beating the red light

One is a car that abruptly changed lanes in the middle of an intersection

When one idiot meets another idiot, spectacular things can happen! 

I believe the car was trying to over take the lorry in front and as he over took the lorry, the bicycle was i the blind spot of the car,blocked by the lorry. Basically no time for the car to react or stop for the bicycle who beat the red light.

↡ Advertisement

Yes, I think so too. But it also has him on the hook for a couple of things:

• Fail to keep a proper look out when:
    • approaching the intersection (based on the aunty's pace, she was already crossing the road at the start of the video)
    • entering the main flow of traffic, fail to look at where he was going
  • Did not come to a complete stop at the stop line. It is a solid white line, not a pair of dashed lines. The TP does not enforce this strictly enough. 

Yeah you are right..

But hopefully with clips like these, we do not have to rely solely on TP enforcement but on ourselves behind the wheel to cultivate the habit of coming to a complete stop at solid white lines and checking for any funny stuff that can happen before continuing on our way.

I do agree with more enforcement, situations like these can be reduced, as per many other road offences. Look at Australia. They have a world-renowned reputation of constant enforcement of traffic rules. I believe it can be achieved here also. Have you come across anyone so far telling you that Lornie Road (just one example) is notorious for speed checks and summonses? That place is so notorious to the point whereby almost everyone on that road instantly becomes an angel.

the problem is how come the van driver did not turn his head back to the front after he turned out  of the main road? He seems to keep his eye fixated to the right or looking down at his phone idk. somemore after bang, he does not e brake immediately, instead go over the aunty body with his front AND back tyre. that's what kills the aunty i believes..

RIP.

My guess is that the van driver probably did not see the aunty the whole time, even at the point of impact, till after he got off his van to see who/what he had hit

At the point of impact, the van driver's head was probably still looking right. Just after the impact, the aunty might already have gone under the front left wheel in which is already out of the driver's sight when he turned his head to the left.. Not knowing he had actually hit someone or guessing he had run over debris on the road, he did not stop immediately and let his rear left tyre go over the aunty as well, killing her.

Yes, the van driver should have kept a proper lookout. But he definitely did not expect a person right there and then. At 33 years old and if he had not chalked driving hours and experience, plus maybe the sense of complacency and defensive mode of driving, he never saw it coming.

Similar situations can happen to large vehicles when making left turns at controlled junctions. Upon seeing flashing green men or even red men while stationary at junction, large vehicles like coaches and cement mixers checked that it was clear to move off, only to run over someone dashing for it with their rear left tyre. How do we expect such drivers to feel anything, until the wheel has gone over the person?

Edited by Ricky_doodle

If the loved ones wanted to watch the video again and again they would have to click the video again and again.

If they didn't click the video again and again then they cannot keep watching it again and again.

If they don't click the video at all then they cannot watch it at all.

Its not like an advert on TV that if you watch TV you cannot help but see the advert.

If you want to massage your ego and feel self righteous then we can understand that.

But what you write has no logic at all.

I have my point of view and you have yours. No need to put your words into my mouth.

I have my point of view and you have yours. No need to put your words into my mouth.

Its not whose point of view.

Its just simple logic.

If people don't click on the video to play it how can they keep watching it over and over again?

:D

Its just not possible.

A lot of elderly cross the roads like they own it.  They also like to walk on the road rather than the pavement beside it.  They think you have to slow down or give way to them.

thats not the only thing they like.

As long as there is a hump across the road, they treat it like a zebra crossing. That includes youngster using their handphones..

Sad, but true.

A friend of mine was on his motorcycle driving down the road within speed limit, when a pedestrian decided his luck was better that day with the red man instead of the green one.

That pedestrian got hit by my friend who never really had the chance to brake in time. He landed on his head and died in hospital a fortnight later.

My friend got jailed.

This happened when there wasn't such a thing called dash cam.

While I understand this is entirely my friend's side of the story and only he knew what really happened and if he had told the truth. I believe he did. But like you pointed out, the rules are always against the people on the machines, even though it may be the fault of the pedestrian entirely.

I sympathize with your friend.

My colleague lost his life cause of a jaywalking school kid. That kid? Some abrasions and a fractured ankle.

Lailai... Lunch...

The car overtook from the left which has much less visibility infront as compared to overtaking from the right, to make the matter worse , he accelerated immediately switching to the left if I am not wrong,

. Both actions he did are dangerously wrong.

The PMD , cross red light - wrong,

Riding on the road - wrong.

Not my photo received from WhatsApp. I believe that’s the “new” TP BMW 3er.

Yup. Received over WhatsApp too. Dunno who is the original source as I believe it has been forwarded many times over.

BMW really strong

post-1798-0-99240600-1566127165_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yup. Received over WhatsApp too. Dunno who is the original source as I believe it has been forwarded many times over.

BMW really strong ðª

38DBE723-07BA-4643-A465-72FB2A7CD9E1.jpeg

Saved the hassle to call traffic police as he’s already there. And also, did any opportunistic “insurance agents” come forward with their name cards to offer their workshop or services to the BMW TP?? Maybe offer courtesy car of the latest G20 3series to the officer. Lol.

Twincharged

BMW really strong

BMW really strong

Not my photo received from WhatsApp. I believe thatâs the ânewâ TP BMW 3er.

Any news about what was the cause ? The front car played brake check with BMW ? Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement