Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Many times esp heart attack is indeed silent killer, can strike anytime and anywhere even you appear to be healthy. Dont know if health screening can detect this silent killer accurately or not?

Hi 13177,

Go for angiogram every 5 years after 45 yrs old.

Cheers,

Richard

https://www.top10answers.com/web?qo=semQuery&ad=semA&q=angiogram%20procedures&o=780987&ag=fw11&an=msn_s&rch=intl121>>

↡ Advertisement

Could also be the passenger trying to take over control of the car after the driver passout.

Like that taxi case somewhere at Queensway

Taxi driver got free income for next 2wks...

The BMW actually hit the Altis before hitting the bus!

I was wondering whether the Subaru Eyesight System could have stopped the BMW from hitting the taxis by jamming the brake automatically.

The BMW actually hit the Altis before hitting the bus!

I was wondering whether the Subaru Eyesight System could have stopped the BMW from hitting the taxis by jamming the brake automatically.

May or may not... [confused] Never depends 100% on these "Driving Aids"....I sat on my Friend's Mercedes Benz equipped with all these Auto Stopping,he Demo to me....Look,i no need step on Brakes...1 Day,his Car's front smashed...he told me the Braking Aids failed...he banged into a 24 Tonnes Lorry. [bigcry]  [furious]

• Praise 3

May or may not... [confused] Never depends 100% on these "Driving Aids"....I sat on my Friend's Mercedes Benz equipped with all these Auto Stopping,he Demo to me....Look,i no need step on Brakes...1 Day,his Car's front smashed...he told me the Braking Aids failed...he banged into a 24 Tonnes Lorry. [bigcry]  [furious]

Not sure how Merc driving aids work but what I noticed my Vezel(Honda sensing) will auto brake only when the speed is slow maybe ~40km/h....(never and will not try at faster speed LOL)

So did MB compensate him a new car?

So did MB compensate him a new car?

Nope,he claimed his own Insurance,C&C ask Him read the Manual Carefully,it stated these Systems are just "Driving Aids",it may not work well if the Windscreen are Dirty...because the Sensors may not detect anything.. [bigcry]

Damn just read this from stomp, driver seems to be 30 years old (not sure if case of heart attack or under medication or something else).

The four injured people are:

The taxi driver, a 66-year-old man

A taxi passenger, a 32-year-old woman

A taxi passenger, an 87-year-old man

One of the car drivers, a 30-year-old man, who was trapped in his vehicle and rescued by the Singapore Civil Defence Force

All four were conscious when taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

Maybe suddenly have leg cramp?

Twincharged

Maybe suddenly have leg cramp?

actually, i would prefer the good old handbrake over the footbrake.... if really need to e-brake, more accessible.

• Praise 2

Brake failure or faint

If brake failure, he cant possibly be letting the car to keep going for that long. He can push to first gear to slow down the car, when his car came to a stop, the gear seemed to be still engaged as I could see the rear wheels were still spinning forward.

Speedy recovery to all affected.

Edited by Ct3833

beemer hazard light was turned on way before hitting taxi.

seem unconcious or black off. 

the BMW car has a self trigger hazard light . Most contis have it.

Just like when you slam brakes in modern contis, the brake light blinks, 

Why so many of these kind these days......

I think this is Upp Serangoon intersection with Bartley Rd. It is a very messy cross junction. Some years ago, there was an article that said that this junction (here the vid is showing just one part of the 4-direction junction) has the most number of traffic lights in SG!

But... it is still not a good excuse for the driver to be so inattentive to end up choinging through when his direction is red light. The green light is for the direction of the bike, which can go straight or turn right.

Must be extra careful for this messy traffic light.

Hope the biker will recover well and swiftly.

As for the driver, he better learn this hard lesson well.

Nearly take out the other rider...

Ah pui probably saw that green light further ahead in his direction of travel. Not enough excuse to mitigate his ignorance though. His speed was questionable.

Yes. I’ve seen my fair share of such incidents at that junction (Near Bidadari estate). The traffic lights are just too close to one another. Cars trap in yellow box turning towards Braddell Rd, Vehicles beating red light like the video but from Upp Serangoon towards Nex direction.
  • Praise 1

Yes. I’ve seen my fair share of such incidents at that junction (Near Bidadari estate). The traffic lights are just too close to one another. Cars trap in yellow box turning towards Braddell Rd, Vehicles beating red light like the video but from Upp Serangoon towards Nex direction.

Time for LTA to review the traffic lights there?!