Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Depending on your insurer, some won't ask you to pay up. I suppose it's not such a clear cut case, so they were asked to stump up the excess?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

I agree. In some countries they have these signs attached to the trailer. The Porsche didn't place itself into the trailer's turn radius. The trailer chose to squeeze and wipe out the cars next to it. If anything the police would probably have him for reckless driving.

Porsche owner just scared of stumping up the excess and bearing the loading and NCD loss (but I thought this will all be reimbursed when case is concluded?). With video, he should just go ahead and pay the excess and get back onto the road and let his insurance company (easily) go after the truck's insurer. 

Image result for trailer turn warning

Related image

Related image

Porsche driver sway sia. He did not turn together with the wide trailer. It is the trailer thought he is driving a normal truck and have enough space to turn. Additionally, this trailer driver may not be that skilled. I had seen many drivers driving this wide trailer is able to turn together out side by side with car with no issue. The clearance between side is just nice. 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Vid said:

I dun understand why there is still such a big loophole. No report, cannot claim. Then why should/would anyone report to insurance?

It is not a loophole.  It is an anti-fraud measure that is misuse.

As i said previously, complain to MAS.

• Praise 4

10 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

It is not a loophole.  It is an anti-fraud measure that is misuse.

As i said previously, complain to MAS.

Ya, this does not solve much on the insurance fraud. In fact if need to tackle insurance fraud, mas need to clam down hard on insurance companies to ensure they do their due diligence and also have max cap on medical claim based on accident severity. If the accident is very minor that is only surface scratches maybe max can claim for medical injuries is say 1k for example. 

All these will clam down insurance fraud as very light accident with surface scratches, the involved party will not be able to inflate the claims on medical part. 

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Ya, this does not solve much on the insurance fraud. In fact if need to tackle insurance fraud, mas need to clam down hard on insurance companies to ensure they do their due diligence and also have max cap on medical claim based on accident severity. If the accident is very minor that is only surface scratches maybe max can claim for medical injuries is say 1k for example. 

All these will clam down insurance fraud as very light accident with surface scratches, the involved party will not be able to inflate the claims on medical part. 

In term of fraudulence claims, the reporting mechanism ensure that it is only genuine claims is reported.

Claims cost hit bottomline of insurer.  Why would insurer not manage it?

For medical claims, how to challenge doctor diagnosis?  Definitely not you as you are not doctor.

No doctor will challenge another doctor professional judgement.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Porsche driver sway sia. He did not turn together with the wide trailer. It is the trailer thought he is driving a normal truck and have enough space to turn. Additionally, this trailer driver may not be that skilled. I had seen many drivers driving this wide trailer is able to turn together out side by side with car with no issue. The clearance between side is just nice. 

Boss, No way to turn side by side with this type of wide flat bed as the last 2 rows of axles will sure eat into another lane even the truck head stay in the lane, the video already showed as example liao.

Maybe what you saw is 28ft trailer bed which is much narrower & short to turn, but best way is to give allowance & keep clear of area around the side guard. The side guards is there for a reason. 

• Praise 3

51 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

In term of fraudulence claims, the reporting mechanism ensure that it is only genuine claims is reported.

Claims cost hit bottomline of insurer.  Why would insurer not manage it?

For medical claims, how to challenge doctor diagnosis?  Definitely not you as you are not doctor.

No doctor will challenge another doctor professional judgement.

But there should be guideline on accident damage severity with professional tested on accident damage from light to heavy and with recorded gforce during the crash accident test. With the gforce result out, then Doctor could come in and give accessment on say light accident damage with this gforce, how much it will affect the body. Like if just a slight kiss on bumper and damage only minor scratches. Then go claim 8k for sprain nack not possible due to test accident crash result is that light accident only sustain x amount of gforce and the impact is not that big that need to go up to claim to 8k for sprain nack for example? So this would be further clam down. To rope in a doctor together with lawyer and crash test professional to come out with the new guideline or law on this. On the definition of severity of accident damage from light to heavy and how much gforce is sustained respectively and how much max could be claim for injuries. Then maybe for heavy accident damage there will not be any limit. 

This will wipe out those who go to inflate medical claim just a very slight hit with just minor scratches. 

3 minutes ago, Sugimoto said:

Boss, No way to turn side by side with this type of wide flat bed as the last 2 rows of axles will sure eat into another lane even the truck head stay in the lane, the video already showed as example liao.

Maybe what you saw is 28ft trailer bed which is much narrower & short to turn, but best way is to give allowance & keep clear of area around the side guard. The side guards is there for a reason. 

I had really seen some super skillful wide trailer is able to make the turn swee swee in lane with say not much gap in his lane. All in all, its still in the lane. 

10 hours ago, Yewheng said:

I had really seen some super skillful wide trailer is able to make the turn swee swee in lane with say not much gap in his lane. All in all, its still in the lane. 

You use a 15cm ruler, draw 2 perpendicular curves that is same width and length as the ruler on an A4 paper and do a turn with your hand, you will understand. 

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, Yewheng said:

no way la. the tractor or trailer will always eat into the other lane. physically impossible for the long vehicle to keep to the lane when turning. buy a rc trailer and try for yourself.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Yewheng said:

But there should be guideline on accident damage severity with professional tested on accident damage from light to heavy and with recorded gforce during the crash accident test. With the gforce result out, then Doctor could come in and give accessment on say light accident damage with this gforce, how much it will affect the body. Like if just a slight kiss on bumper and damage only minor scratches. Then go claim 8k for sprain nack not possible due to test accident crash result is that light accident only sustain x amount of gforce and the impact is not that big that need to go up to claim to 8k for sprain nack for example? So this would be further clam down. To rope in a doctor together with lawyer and crash test professional to come out with the new guideline or law on this. On the definition of severity of accident damage from light to heavy and how much gforce is sustained respectively and how much max could be claim for injuries. Then maybe for heavy accident damage there will not be any limit. 

This will wipe out those who go to inflate medical claim just a very slight hit with just minor scratches. 

Don't know man how doctor is going to judge base on gforce stuff (i am not a doctor so can't really add my two cents in this).

Just sharing own personal experience, a few days ago i was trying to get out my car but due to very narrow parking lots i had to squeeze between my door and wall. It was just gentle squeeze but i sprain my back and pain lasted for weeks, had to do massage everyday/apply patches and pain was excruciating and was not able to do any exercise and no sudden movements.

Entire shyt for few weeks due to gentle squeeze, not saying people don't inflate medical expense base on nonsense neck sprain but you cannot put everyone in same basket and say they are bluffing in case of injury. Also not everyone brace for accident when it happen, people could be relaxed and had bad whiplash (just saying).

• Praise 4

On 9/4/2019 at 1:22 PM, Daniu82 said:

Saw on FB that the trailer company plays smelly by not reporting to the insurance company and claim Porky driver in the wrong. Now Porky driver cannot claim the company's insurance and have to claim own insurance in order to get the car repaired. 

Its true from my own experience from many years back. If I kena accident and the other party at fault but don't report, the other party insurer will not entertain any claims from me because "nothing happened" due to no report. Not only that, my own insurer will also screw me immediately by penalising my NCD to protect against possible future claims from other party (even if i don't claim anything from own insurance). But nowadays i notice some insurers has a clause that says if not own fault then NCD will not be impacted but not sure how real is it in practice.

Not say cannot be resolved but very troublesome. The whole process rewards the dishonest and put the onus on the honest party to prove himself. Its a well known loophole. Go ask the law minister why. But I'm sure he has a good pro-business explanation on why insurers are allowed to behave this way.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 4

On 9/4/2019 at 2:06 PM, mersaylee said:

Point of impact took place in opposite direction - I think it’s biker fault

However, Aunty must thank that biker for stopping the suv...

Aunty very cool xia just glance and walk on, even expressway accident where everyone had nothing to do with that gets longer looks lol

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Heartbreakid said:

Insurance companies are almost the biggest legal scam. 

Insurers are regulated by MAS.

If they are biggest legal scam, that means MAS sleep on job.

🤣

On 9/4/2019 at 2:07 PM, Sugimoto said:

Outer left lane at main road is closed.

Inexperienced truck driver met with a non-awareness porsche driver.

When hauling a wide flat bed, every driver in this industry know that we must drive in-between 2 lanes when turning like this one in tampines to prevent cars staying at our sides . Not squeeze in forcing other people to the roadkerb like this truck driver.

For the porsche driver, since the truck already turn out to the middle lane on main road which means "lane is blocked, go go go" signal & should step abit more on the accelerator to get far away from the truck.

But majority is still truck driver's fault.

I would say the Porsche driver lacks situational awareness. When the lorry ahead of her drove off, it left a big gap for her to proceed, but instead, she stopped!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4