Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

BM expensive to run as PHV so need to rush to get more money.

Don't need to to care if people get in the way. Just put their foot down to hit quota.

😀

Very likely own car and not a rental so need money fast to keep head above water.

For a split second I was tempted to stand such that I would break his left side mirror. Haha. Then decided not to be stupid. 

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Another kopi lisen... Or own self print one... 

coincidentally this is the junction that I make u turn regularly if I will to go to town or east side .

On 9/6/2019 at 2:33 PM, Jellandross said:

walau wtf this kind of cock driver is every pedestrian's nightmare.. the only fortunate thing was the kid narrowly escaped impact..

Always slow down when approaching traffic crossing. This female driver damn jialat .... Took her some time to get out the car ..... finishing her phone conversation? 

• Praise 3

37 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Pedestrian right in front and cannot see?? Must be looking at phone.

I believe the honda shuttle driver's view could have been blocked by the small truck on its left that was turning side by side with it. 

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 2

6 hours ago, Baleno said:

I believe the honda shuttle driver's view could have been blocked by the small truck on its left that was turning side by side with it. 

2 things, 

1) the lorry is an idiot, go so fast not intending to stop while blocking Honda the view that there is a pedestrian crossing

2) pedestrian panic to avoid the lorry by dashing across into path of Honda who is unable to react in time

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Yeshe said:

2 things, 

1) the lorry is an idiot, go so fast not intending to stop while blocking Honda the view that there is a pedestrian crossing

2) pedestrian panic to avoid the lorry by dashing across into path of Honda who is unable to react in time

my personal rule of thumb .... cannot see, don't proceed, usually, vehicles do not stop for no apparent reason ... or at least proceed slowly with caution. just like when driving out of the car park and passing vans or small trucks ... you will never know if some car or person will just pop out from behind the van/truck.

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Please stop having right turns with pedestrian crossing..

some places i have noticed is that the green man will come out first for about 3 secs before the green lights come out for the vehicles ... think they are trying to give some leeway for the pedestrians to show some visibility on the road first before letting the vehicles move off.

but alas, all this will not be of use if the driver's eyes are not on the road.

that being said, the truck's driving pattern is as if it did not see the pedestrian crossing the road also ... the pedestrian avoided the truck and the shuttle picked up the tab.

6 hours ago, Baleno said:

I'm not sure about that. He should have seen the pedestrian at the start of the turn. 

* deleted * sorry see wrongly.

Edited by Count-Bracula
  • Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

some places i have noticed is that the green man will come out first for about 3 secs before the green lights come out for the vehicles ... think they are trying to give some leeway for the pedestrians to show some visibility on the road first before letting the vehicles move off.

but alas, all this will not be of use if the driver's eyes are not on the road.

that being said, the truck's driving pattern is as if it did not see the pedestrian crossing the road also ... the pedestrian avoided the truck and the shuttle picked up the tab.

Yup, that's quite common in some places.

36 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

I'm not sure about that. He should have seen the pedestrian at the start of the turn. 

* deleted * sorry see wrongly.

Should could would is not putting pedestrian safety above all.. all they need to do is to do away with discretionary right turns.. so if there's right turn, no crossing and vice versa..

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Should could would is not putting pedestrian safety above all.. all they need to do is to do away with discretionary right turns.. so if there's right turn, no crossing and vice versa..

if this is put in place, traffic flow will slow down relatively, but all will be safe.

however, it will not help also coz there are too many kuku drivers around .... with or without controls, they will still hit some one or something.

just look as those red light vids ... the vehicles still plough through !! 😵

• Praise 4

10 hours ago, Baleno said:

Honda driver should be able to see across the junction to notice the pedestrian waiting to cross before moving off together with the lorry.