Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

No one remarked on the idiot biker at 10 sec? They always pull that kind of dumbass stunt and then claim they're vulnerable road users and deserve our care and consideration and... gasp... protection.

Very observant. Everybody was too engrossed with main action that missed this... if cam car as kancheong as that biker, could have been a part 2 to this accident...

i'm also interested to know which iRoad model cam still got this lousy feature of left/right inverted vid for the rear cam...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

9 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

you think too highly on CIQ and LTA la ... lol

can barter trade with msia ... that's about RM$100M ... lol

Cannot depend on LTA at all, they are hopeless de. [shakehead]

• Praise 3

54 minutes ago, serenade said:

On driving without insurance coverage. What happens if a car gets rear-ended, or a pedestrian gets run-over by such a car in a reckless driving incident?

I presume that the last insurer has no liability for the car. The victims sue the driver/car owner who most likely will not have the funds to pay up. Then how?

If LTA fines him for road tax and insurance offences which he also cannot pay. As a result, the court will jail him for the all the above offences including reckless driving etc for years.

In the meantime, the victim(s) bear the repercussions. Foot own repair bill since no insurance. Disabled pedestrian pays for long term care. If the driver is in jail, he cannot be working to pay off the damages even if court rules that the driver is at fault.

Is my worst case scenario possibly true?

I digress now to MY registered cars on our roads. I wonder  if ICA ensures that they have a valid insurance certificate before letting them in.

I know someone who tio head-on last week, when turning at a traffic light with right of way. The culprit was dreaming. That car almost certainly totalled. My friend's car also maybe...

The culprit is an old man, whose license has been suspended (apparently due to speeding), and so also no insurance coverage 😓. And he made it clear he got no money to pay...

The guy will likely get into trouble with the law, but my friend tio suay... now will likely only be able to claim own insurance, and face prospects of sky-high premium on renewal... not to mention maybe have to change car, the rental cost, plus all the hassle...

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

No one remarked on the idiot biker at 10 sec? They always pull that kind of dumbass stunt and then claim they're vulnerable road users and deserve our care and consideration and... gasp... protection.

the other bigger question is did the prime mover manage to stop in time to avoid the biker who was already on the ground.

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Tipper truck no stop?

Either the tipper did not feel it or the bikers own self jam brake and skidded by themselves. 

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Tipper truck no stop?

No contact with tipper truck. One speeding bike swerved to avoid hitting the filtering truck, and ended up side swipe another speeding bike beside him.

• Praise 2

Bike swerved to avoid white car swerving out but kena hit hard by big truck, most likely gone case for biker as truck did not stop until hit centre divider! Hope I am wrong though!

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

the other bigger question is did the prime mover manage to stop in time to avoid the biker who was already on the ground.

yes fortunately it did. Near the end of the video, the inverted rear footage, can see the prime mover jam brake until tires smoke.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Tannl said:

Heavy vehicles in lane 2...

LTA should make it such that if heavy vehicles get caught on lane1 and 2 - heavy fine, if  involved in accident -  jail.

• Praise 5

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

LTA should make it such that if heavy vehicles get caught on lane1 and 2 - heavy fine, if  involved in accident -  jail.

That's the job of TP

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3