Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

39 minutes ago, Beregond said:

some time its not dreaming, the turning car is fast, he spot the opposite car coming.

he assume since he is faster, the opposite car brake abit for him, he can pass.

most of the time the opposite car will brake and curse, but some time this happen.

i sit in 1 of my friend car, he drive like that 1,

i point in front 'oi got car,' he say nvm can cross 1. 

that is the last time i take his ride.

The problem mostly is not the traffic light system and the rules, the problem is mostly a small group of people like your friend. 

Whatever traffic light system you introduces, whether what controlled right turn or what not, this small group of people will find a way to cut corners. Will be back to square one. So how? Ask TP to catch more to hang their heads high. AND defensive driving! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Don't agree... To cater every rules to the most stupid, most incompetent person.  It's like some people who dare not drive above 50 km/h and then we have to have max speed limit reduced to 50.

Why not ban these culprits for life from driving? Everyone else who has commonsense and basic driving skills will be happier. It will be a better place. 

True also, but you can notice some traffic junction really change the green light to green arrow for cars to right turn and red arrow for right turn cars to stop. This really reduce and prevent accident a lot. Esp those junction which always have high rate of accident happen when right turn cars always collide with going straight cars.

5 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

From newspaper the biker was conscious and taken to hospital. 

Sorry my mistake. It was another truck and bike accident on PIE. Glad that he survived.

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I guess the person didn't pass the driving test.... 

Well he/she could be on his/her way back to driving center to Pass with Zero points until shit happened ..

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

If TP were to do this long time ago, we would not have this situation now. Last time too slack, now playing catching up

Wah... this bold part, seems to apply to many things leh... PMD issue is the first that come to mind...

• Praise 2

38 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Well he/she could be on his/her way back to driving center to Pass with Zero points until shit happened ..

Wonder how the accident happened? Involved in an accident during TP test is the most shitty thing that happened.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

You are right, the mercs driver either must be dreaming or the driver is blind. Such accident seems like very common. Those right turn car from the opposite side, they always never see properly and turn out from the junction fast, and ended up crash onto the car going straight. Think LTA should change all traffic lights at the junction for cars to right turn only on green arrow appeared, if not cars need to stop at the junction on red. To prevent such accident from happening.

Might help, but won't prevent all cases.

My fren - i posted 2 days ago about his unfortunate accident - was waiting at a controlled traffic light to turn right. When green arrow appeared, he moved off to turn right. The opposite direction coming straight, got one vios didn't stop (the light was obviously red already for him), and didn't even brake... just slammed head-on 😓

This type how to prevent?? 😥

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

My fren - i posted 2 days ago about his unfortunate accident - was waiting at a controlled traffic light to turn right. When green arrow appeared, he moved off to turn right. The opposite direction coming straight, got one vios didn't stop (the light was obviously red already for him), and didn't even brake... just slammed head-on 😓

Drive a big ass truck :grin:

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

Aiyo, this one cannot really prevent liao, depends on your luck since the other car beat red light! [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Lup turbo drive faster than vios

• Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Another one rushing to pangsai.... 

At least the driver beat red light after checking there is no more pedestrian crossing. 😂 Now many cases you see driver close their eyes rushing to pangsai and knock onto people or cars!

• Praise 2

Last evening a 3 car collision happened just outside my house. First time see a accident so up close though other accidents happened before when I not around. Managed to talk to a young chap who was the last driver. Hope he learnt a lesson as accidents are terrible experiences to go through even if no fault of yours, and this was definitely due to his recklessness. But I have sympathy for everyone so long as no criminal intention involved as accidents are something every drivers will face sooner or later. 

• Praise 2

44 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Last evening a 3 car collision happened just outside my house. First time see a accident so up close though other accidents happened before when I not around. Managed to talk to a young chap who was the last driver. Hope he learnt a lesson as accidents are terrible experiences to go through even if no fault of yours, and this was definitely due to his recklessness. But I have sympathy for everyone so long as no criminal intention involved as accidents are something every drivers will face sooner or later. 

My first question Is why didnt you take fotos? I tot it is sop of 手机一族? 😅😅

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

56 minutes ago, 13177 said:

At least the driver beat red light after checking there is no more pedestrian crossing. 😂 Now many cases you see driver close their eyes rushing to pangsai and knock onto people or cars!

I hope someone have reported him and I also hope that he would use the same explanation like what you have cited. 😄😄

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

My first question Is why didnt you take fotos? I tot it is sop of 手机一族? 😅😅

No lah. I do not want to be beaten up. They already very sad and angry.

• Praise 1

TP is on the ball liao. I recently got a few responses on my submitted reports albeit one was way back to early part of the year. 

Just this afternoon I witnessed two errant drivers who totally disregarded traffic rules. One made a left turn at cross junction when the filter lanes were jammed up with cars, while the other one forcefully crossed double white lines to filter out of expressway.

Not being a busy paotoh body. We must do our part to prevent our home turf to become a cowboy town. 

• Praise 7