Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

On 9/16/2019 at 8:56 AM, Volvobrick said:

Penaulty is too light. The cars should be confiscated if road tax not paid and yet driven around without insurance. Then it will be real deterrent. 

behaviour wise, if there is a mistake, then apologies. If there is a civil violation, then take it to the law. The new internet age.

Unless we go back to the harsh penalties, no one really bothers if its a misdemeanor and hence, doing what we do and expecting different results is insanity.

A bit like Making coffee and getting pepsi

11 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Last evening a 3 car collision happened just outside my house. First time see a accident so up close though other accidents happened before when I not around. Managed to talk to a young chap who was the last driver. Hope he learnt a lesson as accidents are terrible experiences to go through even if no fault of yours, and this was definitely due to his recklessness. But I have sympathy for everyone so long as no criminal intention involved as accidents are something every drivers will face sooner or later. 

Hopefully there is no injury and the accident is not serious?! Indeed terrible experience to go through accident, this is why road users should have more patience, more careful and execute defensive driving at all times. Sad to say, nowadays most road users attitude is simply bo chap. 

13 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Another one rushing to pangsai.... 

Drivers are making their own rules now? Coast is clear so just go? Traffic lights just for reference?

Wow just wow

• Praise 1

Just now saw accident at Havelock road toward River valley (in front of SPC), either van was running red or car driver decided to go without right turn arrow turned to green.
Sorry for potato quality, i was at extreme left  and zoomed in from program to get footage.

POTATO Quality

1 minute ago, commonjunks said:

Just now saw accident at Havelock road toward River valley (in front of SPC), either van was running red or car driver decided to go without right turn arrow turned to green.
Sorry for potato quality, i was at extreme left  and zoomed in from program to get footage.

The white car damage seems serious.

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ok la... IMO it's a low velocity accident.. modern cars are designed to crumple. The metalwork on that car isn't that hardy I think...

2 minutes ago, therock said:

Ok la... IMO it's a low velocity accident.. modern cars are designed to crumple. The metalwork on that car isn't that hardy I think...

True, could be like you have said cars nowadays are designed to crumple, even the crash impact is minor. Everytime i see liao also feel scary the front of the car like total crashed.

16 minutes ago, therock said:

Dunno if   'designed to crumple' is correct.

Thinner steel means BIG saving in cost.

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I suspect it is going for scrap, all front was gone. 
Surprisingly mini van didn't sustain that much damage (unless it was on other side which i was not able to see).

2 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

That white car should be a toyota. Noticed that toyota cars always kana crumple quite jialat front or back when involved in an accident de.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

That white car should be a toyota. Noticed that toyota cars always kana crumple quite jialat front or back when involved in an accident de.

The metal made of paper..

2 hours ago, Neutrino said:

...and lighter = faster

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/indonesian-cop-holds-on-to-windshield-as-driver-attempts-to-flee?cx_testId=20&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=7#cxrecs_s

Super cop..

image.png.ea49f66f97598307742c2820b3da845a.png

JAKARTA (THE JAKARTA POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Police officer Chief Brig Eka Setiawan had no choice but to remain hanging on the windscreen of a car as the driver refused to be ticketed by the police and attempted to flee the scene.

The sight of the police officer holding on to the car was recorded and shared online by netizens, including by Instagram account @jktinfo, which reported a video recorded by user @imam_mirhan.

The caption reads: "On Monday, a police officer was seen holding on to the windscreen of a car in Pasar Minggu, South Jakarta."

The incident started when Mr Eka and several officers of the South Jakarta Transportation Agency raided an illegal parking area on Jalan Pasar Minggu Raya at around 2.30pm on Monday (Sept 16).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2