Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

3 hours ago, commonjunks said:

What should have he done, speed up or slow down? Because if he speed up, there is smaller lorry who would be in blind spot of truck then.
While i was in US i seen buses and big truck had number of mirror on the opposite side of driver to assist him to cover all blind spots, not sure if such thing can be done in Singapore.

Not trying to slam any bus/truck driver, these accident don't only painful for other road users but also put these truck/bus driver out of jobs. I hope SPF/LTA can provide better guidelines on what to install on these bigger vehicles for everyone safety.

He has a right to be along side, it's not against the law.. and yes another vehicle will come along too.

But if I were him and I had a choice, I'll move away as soon as possible... 

• Praise 4

On 9/16/2019 at 9:13 PM, Mockngbrd said:

Or easier just put transponders on all these super heavy vehicles and on stretches of roads to check their lanes. But roi of cos not good . 

Just offer $10 for any car cam capturing heavy lorries on lane 2.

I will sure submit many videos every day.

😀

Only problem is sure many drivers also submit same video.

Just put a first submission gets the $10 clause in.

• Praise 2

On 9/16/2019 at 11:39 PM, Atonchia said:

Was listening that major jam on radio this morning.

Which usually meant vary bad accident that 2-3 lanes need to be closed.

So white car that just change lane without looking will get away scot free?

😀

On 9/17/2019 at 12:16 PM, Beregond said:

some time its not dreaming, the turning car is fast, he spot the opposite car coming.

he assume since he is faster, the opposite car brake abit for him, he can pass.

most of the time the opposite car will brake and curse, but some time this happen.

i sit in 1 of my friend car, he drive like that 1,

i point in front 'oi got car,' he say nvm can cross 1. 

that is the last time i take his ride.

Can your fren give my MIL a lift?

😀

Not every time lah

Maybe just one time enough already.

• Praise 3

On 9/18/2019 at 9:28 AM, Lotr said:

Drivers are making their own rules now? Coast is clear so just go? Traffic lights just for reference?

Wow just wow

Yes PHV have their own special own rules.

Everyday I will see a few PHV doing stunts.

Two PHV in one day on the go straight middle lane cutting into the right lane to make right turn.

Half the car still in the middle lane blocking everyone behind.

Everyday I see PHV no need to queue just cut in.

They think have PHV badge rules don't apply to them.

😀

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

6 hours ago, commonjunks said:

What should have he done, speed up or slow down? Because if he speed up, there is smaller lorry who would be in blind spot of truck then.
While i was in US i seen buses and big truck had number of mirror on the opposite side of driver to assist him to cover all blind spots, not sure if such thing can be done in Singapore.

Not trying to slam any bus/truck driver, these accident don't only painful for other road users but also put these truck/bus driver out of jobs. I hope SPF/LTA can provide better guidelines on what to install on these bigger vehicles for everyone safety.

There are typically two ways of lane change.

The proactive way is to first identify a safe space in next lane and accelerate/slowdown/turn towards the direction safely causing minimal disruption to other drivers.

This Honda belongs to the passive way - want to change lane, turn steering first to indicate intention, then expect/pray/hope others will notice and take corrective action to accommodate the lane change. 

Right or wrong is not so important on the road. Dead or alive is. 

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 4

People say truck blind spot.

If trucks really have a blind spot there then every day will have an accident and no truck can change lane.

The truck was not changing lane he carelessly drifted into the middle lane.

😀

The left signal only came on after the accident as he wanted to move the left lane to stop because of the accident.

• Praise 3

These days every time one lane slows down

drivers will just change lane without looking.

Most time no car or bike in the next lane.

Once in a while . . . 

Poor bike got hit by truck and not his fault at all.

😀

The truck when jam brake should have swerve into the white car instead of running over the poor biker.

And the white car deserves it. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Can your fren give my MIL a lift?

😀

Not every time lah

Maybe just one time enough already.

Treat her to the front passenger seat.

The best seat in the house. 

With the best view of the action during uncontrolled right turns. 

Also, spread the good word. 

Passenger seat belts and side airbags are the works of Satan and should not be tolerated. 

😄

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/taxi-driver-caused-fatal-accident-after-blacking-out-when-tumour-in-his-liver

Taxi driver caused fatal accident after blacking out when tumour in his liver ruptured

SINGAPORE - A cabby, who was unaware that he had a tumour in his liver, was driving his vehicle along Queensway on March 22 when the tumour suddenly ruptured, causing him to black out.

Mr How Yuen Fah's taxi continued travelling towards Jalan Bukit Merah before hitting at least three pedestrians who were crossing the road at a traffic light which was then showing the green man signal.

One of them, Madam Tng Yew Huay, 66, was taken to the National University Hospital (NUH) where she died of a head injury at around 9.20pm that day.

The other pedestrians survived.

Following an inquiry on Wednesday (Sept 18), State Coroner Kamala Ponnampalam found her death to be "an unfortunate traffic misadventure".

She said Mr How, 72, was also taken to NUH and a scan showed the ruptured tumour.

He went through surgery and further medical investigations revealed that he had hepatocellular carcinoma, a cancer of the liver.

The state coroner added: "The doctor who treated him clarified that the tumour rupture caused severe bleeding into the involved party's abdomen and a loss of blood flow to his brain.

"The doctor also clarified that this caused the transient period of loss of consciousness. Based on the evidence uncovered, there is no basis to suspect foul play."

Mr How started driving his taxi at around 6.30pm on March 22. He did not feel tired or sick at the time and was fully rested before he began his shift.

He later picked up three passengers at a Bishan Road taxi stand and was driving past Lornie Road when he felt a sharp pain in his right abdomen that subsequently went away.

While travelling along Commonwealth Avenue West towards Queensway, he felt the pain in his right abdomen again.

He also felt pain in his neck, started breaking out in a cold sweat and his vision became blurred. He applied medicated oil to his forehead and nose.

He was driving along Queensway before the junction of Jalan Bukit Merah when he came to a stop as the traffic lights had turned red.

State Coroner Kamala said the cabby recalled signalling right before he fell unconscious.

She added: "When he regained consciousness, he heard the front seat passenger... shouting at him."

The court heard that Mr How felt pain to the right side of his stomach.

He subsequently realised that his taxi's windscreen was cracked, that his vehicle was already at the junction of Alexandra Road, and he was unaware that a collision had occurred.

He and Madam Tng were taken to NUH where she died about two hours later.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Why people assume the learner driver was at fault?

It could have been the biker at fault?

😀

Don't you know? 

Bikers are never at fault. 

Even when they are at fault.

Drivers are always at fault. 

Even when we are not at fault. 

Bikers can do anything they like. 

They can split lanes.

They can ride on the pavement (pedestrians are at fault).

They can gelek in and out of lanes without signaling.

They can knock our side mirrors off. 

They can sneak into our blind spot and turn with us when we are busy checking traffic. 

But they are never, ever at fault. 

Because they are vulnerable road users. 

And really, really special. 

(Like in the you know what Olympics). 

Just go on sg road vigilante and see. 

How not at fault and very special all the biker members and admins are. 

😄

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Louis2015 said:

当我碰到了, 我常把他她们当做亲人, 尽量不去靠近, 毕竟学车要付好多钱. 希望不是学生的问题.

驾驶盘在谁的手上就是谁的问题。请问为什么你不靠近你的亲人?

Edited by Ct3833

5 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

own time, own target ....carry on !

Rushing to lau sai lah... Apparently that's a valid defence in court nowadays. 

Edited by Jellandross
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4