Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Hi Bros, I was hit by a MY truck on 20 Sept (Fri) at about 5:45pm along Pioneer Road (towards Jurong Bird Park), about 300m from the junction with Tuas Road. If you happens to drive on the same road during that period and your camera captured the accident, please sent to me to forward for insurance claim. Thanks and appreciates.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

Looks like taxi driver kpo and slow down to observe the accident. Don't look malicious jam brake to me.

I think it's more like seeing bike fall down, 1st reaction is to hit brake. Coz mentally maybe thinking.. Slow down.. There is chance that the biker may row over to lane 1. This is just in case. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
11 hours ago, Actan72 said:

Actually is there any junction like this with legal U-turn? 

I remember encountering this situation when i make a left turn, with the left turn green arrow up, but then a car made a u-turn into the same road as me. Was taken aback and wondered if that driver was making an illegal u-turn so i looked for the u-turn road sign thats for the opposite direction and i remembering seeing that signboard. Can't remember which junction that was at.

Edited by _SC

5 hours ago, _SC said:

I remember encountering this situation when i make a left turn, with the left turn green arrow up, but then a car made a u-turn into the same road as me. Was taken aback and wondered if that driver was making an illegal u-turn so i looked for the u-turn road sign thats for the opposite direction and i remembering seeing that signboard. Can't remember which junction that was at.

Even if it's legal, the U turn car need to give way to cars turning left, similar to U turning and giving way to cars turning out from the filter lane.

• Praise 2

On 9/20/2019 at 11:07 PM, therock said:

This time the taxi driver is not the issue and his punishment has been meted out in even more painful ways.. there is the mental torment of killing someone (was it him or his passenger though?) and he has a tumor... enough said and it's all very sad but truly in this case, let's move on.. 

More importantly, for those keyboard warrior who make a rukus without knowing the true cause of the accident, need to learn not to be so judgemental ....

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Even if it's legal, the U turn car need to give way to cars turning left, similar to U turning and giving way to cars turning out from the filter lane.

where you got your license from?

since when U-turning car needs to give way to cars turning left?

this one is obviously an illegal U-turn, because those that are legal, usually are at junction where left turning has a give way markings, just after a zebra crossing.

And the give way sign is there, also because left turn cars need to give way to U-turning cars, as they are now on the right side and have the right of way.

• Praise 8

14 minutes ago, Perseus76 said:

this one is obviously an illegal U-turn, because those that are legal, usually are at junction where left turning has a give way markings, just after a zebra crossing.

And the give way sign is there, also because left turn cars need to give way to U-turning cars, as they are now on the right side and have the right of way.

SG, unfortunately, rules here in australia are different where U turn vehicles need to give way to everything else.

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

I agree.  And I tell you why.

My two cents after thinking through this is because many of us were trained in manual cars.  In manual, you go from half clutch to first gear to second and so on.  So when you u turn, initial speed is slow so it's very easy for the u turning vehicle to give way (if it's too late) or the left turning vehicle to spot the u turning vehicle since the u turning vehicle is slowly u turning.  Now the same rules still apply but people are driving automatic and some like to jam accelerator the moment they can do it and hence the u turn is much faster now. 

The point is not what the driving books say on the rules but driving practices have changed and maybe rules should be updated/reinforced to keep up with the latest practices.

Of cos I am talking about legal u turns la.  Illegal no need to say...

Edited by Philipkee

On 9/22/2019 at 11:01 PM, Ysc3 said:

whose fault ?

Well if I am the Merc driver and the lorry cut in like that which I didn't think was aggressive I'd certainly give the lorry more space.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:30 AM, Beanoyip said:

Van hit and run!

Someone also pointed that the taxi on the right lane jam brake for no reason almost causing a massive pile up

Look at all the bike riders white lining and breaking the speed limit.

Only bike rider not to do that was the one in the accident.

Strange.

• Praise 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:01 PM, Ysc3 said:

whose fault ?

Lorry fault. So much space in front to go ahead more before going in. Poor jugdement, poor driving. 

All the Merc driver sees is a lorry last min appear on the left and straight away cut in. He could have quickly tap on brake to avoid the accident. But not doing that or not being able to do that doesn't mean that it his fault. 

Again, Lorry fault. Maybe he just switched over from a bike at his workplace. 

Edited by ECONOMIC
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, _SC said:

If there's a left turn signal light, the other side won't have a legal U-turn. 

• Praise 8

on the lorry and merc incident,

cant help notice the merc did not brake until there was a contact. 

the lorry can be recklesss but if the merc failed to see the imminent danger, too bad for merc then.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I agree.  And I tell you why.

My two cents after thinking through this is because many of us were trained in manual cars.  In manual, you go from half clutch to first gear to second and so on.  So when you u turn, initial speed is slow so it's very easy for the u turning vehicle to give way (if it's too late) or the left turning vehicle to spot the u turning vehicle since the u turning vehicle is slowly u turning.  Now the same rules still apply but people are driving automatic and some like to jam accelerator the moment they can do it and hence the u turn is much faster now. 

The point is not what the driving books say on the rules but driving practices have changed and maybe rules should be updated/reinforced to keep up with the latest practices.

Of cos I am talking about legal u turns la.  Illegal no need to say...

The photo below says a thousand words. Left turn from minor road to major road, please give way to u-turn vehicles from main road. Do you want a u-turn car to stop in middle of lanes  while performing u-turn and give way to vehicle do left turn from minor road? Common sense driving. Who will have major accident and death rate? I still find alot of stupid drivers do left turn from minor road to major road like I've right of way and give middle finger even when they are wrong.

Screenshot_20190924-121430_Gallery.jpg

• Praise 5

19 minutes ago, Neutrino said:

Depends if the car cam footage is available.

I was taught by the my merc service man

if it’s end on its straightforward 

angled collisions is subject to dispute..

the truck can claim that the merc didn’t slow down and hit his truck 

3 hours ago, Perseus76 said:

10 hours ago, _SC said:

there was green arrow for the front car to turn left.. i look at my right side mirror, there was no u-turn sign

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1