Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Did the Altis run? Made U turn for quick getaway..

That's what the altis wanted to do in the first place, to make the the u-turn

↡ Advertisement

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Did the Altis run? Made U turn for quick getaway..

That's why a lot drivers hate drivers who just turn out like that without checking how fast the oncoming traffic eventhough there is quite some distance. 

There are many occasions I have to brake hard for these knn drivers because they just turn out like that with me having some speed. Haiz.. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

That's why a lot drivers hate drivers who just turn out like that without checking how fast the oncoming traffic eventhough there is quite some distance. 

There are many occasions I have to brake hard for these knn drivers because they just turn out like that with me having some speed. Haiz.. 

The difference is you did not go too fast,  so you have been able to stop in times. In the case of Ferrari, he was slightly faster though not excessive,  the driver was probably a staff of the company, not a  very experience driver , these combinations have contributed to the outcome of the incident. Of course the Altis was wrong, but in the event like this, the critical saving grace would depend on the speed , experience and mindset of the driver.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

11 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Bro a lot drivers super dislike people who cut queue. Look at this cam driver.. Obviously he is cutting queue. So if he frequently does that, he would expect many times driver drive very aggressively to prevent his from cutting in. 

The car behind was upset because  the problem was aggravate by a sudden braking of the front car, causing the cam car to jam brake immediately after cutting queue. But the cam car was wrong for sure, no one likes this kind of behavior. But more interestingly, cam car didnt know he was wrong, is he thick skin, clueless,m or self entitled ? 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DENmDS2SHII

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DENmDS2SHII" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The incident happened on Thursday, 26 Sep 2019 at 4pm. The van driver recklessly cut into the opposing lane while turning from Lichi Ave to Willow Ave (please see video files attached). He could have caused a serious accident had I not been careful and alert.

Edited by ktnpl
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

The car behind was upset because  the problem was aggravate by a sudden braking of the front car, causing the cam car to jam brake immediately after cutting queue. But the cam car was wrong for sure, no one likes this kind of behavior. But more interestingly, cam car didnt know he was wrong, is he thick skin, clueless,m or self entitled ? 

I was looking at the video a couple of times, and it didn't appear that there was any obvious reflection of the cam car signalling to filter into the path of the Cerato in the first place. There is also no audio, so we can't tell if the Cerato had blared his horn, which likely would have drawn that response from the cam car. The Cerato has every right to get pissed off if someone cuts into his path like that, and from Cam Car's action of jam-braking, spraying his wipers and posting the video it obviously aligns with what you've described him as. 

I remember posting separately in another thread about such drivers - Some drivers argue people don't give way, but yet there are those who just expect to flash a signal (or half a signal) at the last moment (unlike in advance as taught) and still expect the other person to give way; Never mind that they're dangerously cutting into someone else's path, or if its hard for the person to slow down without slamming the brakes (like in this case). 

And you what else? When faced with the same situation and if the roles were reversed, these very same people who signal at the last minute will be the ones speeding up to deny another person way to filter in. That is the sad, sorry state of self-righteous kiasu Singaporean driver mentality.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, ktnpl said:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DENmDS2SHII" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The incident happened on Thursday, 26 Sep 2019 at 4pm. The van driver recklessly cut into the opposing lane while turning from Lichi Ave to Willow Ave (please see video files attached). He could have caused a serious accident had I not been careful and alert.

Many drivers are doing this, when they turn right into a lane, they would cut into the left lane.

• Praise 1

LTA should bloody fix that junction then, the yellow box so small, means can only turn into that lane and go straight, not cut right across to make U turn..

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

LTA should bloody fix that junction then, the yellow box so small, means can only turn into that lane and go straight, not cut right across to make U turn..

Even the yellow box become bigger and even drawn a double white line there, i believe many drivers still would cut straight across to make a right turn or U turn de. So to avoid accident, drivers approaching traffic junction should slow down and more alert on the surrounding.

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Altis happily drive away 

Altis who caused this accident and yet happily drive away. [:|] Anyway, looking at the damage on the ferrari, dont know got damage engine or not? In such accident, car usually gone case liao even after repaired. But how come there is no airbag deployed on the ferrari?

3 hours ago, ktnpl said:

After being on road for long time, i learned to stay a bit behind from stop line. People turning in will always eat your lane, so just give a space and it will save hassle for everyone.
Drive safe, happy friday.

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

If the California had hit the Altis (on the driver side), it could be a serious, or even and fatal case!

Btw, the white mpv is not Alphard, it is either Noah or Voxy.

I think it's a Noah. Saw a black one hogging the road today. 😂

4 hours ago, ktnpl said:

Aiyo this is so common la , just slow down a bit , let him take a little bit of your road , and we are on our way .

Why get stressed up ? 

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

if you were cam car.. will you chase down the mofo and fug him?

Full of such idiot drivers on the road which dangerous do a last min turn. Really wonder what is inside their brain?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3