Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

3 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

It seems Jamesc still refuses to buy his MIL the Merc... 

One Malaysian van did this in my MSCP. I made sure he find a lot at that level to turn into, reversed into the lot, and go the right way. A lot of bikes chut this stunt too ##:/$&'? *@

Edited by Phluvcat
↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Nowadays in preschool,  children are already taught to raise their hands when crossing the road.... I guess it's more to get attention.

But kids seems like assume that they have the right of way when hands are raised?! And they can simply cross the road without ensuring it is safe to do so?

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

But kids seems like assume that they have the right of way when hands are raised?! And they can simply cross the road without ensuring it is safe to do so?

That depends on how the parents educate them. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

It seems Jamesc still refuses to buy his MIL the Merc... 

A MCP  in bukit panjang has this problem, the ram on one of the levels is quite confusing , after a few turns down, a driver may get confused and get into a wrong ram unknowingly. So at times just give them the benefit of doubt. What this cam car did  is correct. 👍👍👍

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

A MCP  in bukit panjang has this problem, the ram on one of the levels is quite confusing , after a few turns down, a driver may get confused and get into a wrong ram unknowingly. So at times just give them the benefit of doubt. What this cam car did  is correct. 👍👍👍

But the way the Audi swiftly navigated down the correct way.. it's like he knew what he was doing.

• Praise 6

4 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Nowadays when I am in the cam Car situation. I will straight sound horn due to on my right there is car coming. 

So the horn sound will alert both the cyclist and also the car on my right side that is coming. It happened many times when I see approaching car on my right side approaching with cyclist or pedestrian crossing. I will just sound horn. Then the car will come to a stop or the pedestrian will stop and take a look on the oncoming traffic. So there is no accident. 

Good man 👍

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Oops... There goes my "tax money".... 

Fault lies with the lancer sports stickers lah.. Even can see mata chia head but too powderful to stop in time LOL 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, Yamapi said:

Another TP test car buang

71578794_2477387522355950_65529417780082

I cant resist to guess that the other car is a PHV ? Having so many PHV and PMD on the road these days, chances of people failing driving test will be higher. 

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, ECONOMIC said:

Police don't know how to drive properly. In fact many don't. Correct method is to get into Lane 2 first, move along Lane 2 for a short distance, when the side mirror can see Lane 1, then move into Lane 1. For those reading here, pls don't make the same mistake. 

13 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

my rule of thumb ... cannot see, don't go. inch out until can see.

9 hours ago, Neutrino said:

I come out of my HDB into yellow box exactly at traffic light.

It's obvious what to do.

If got space in box I cross to lane one to do u turn at traffic light without leaving my backside in lane 2.

If not got space I turn left and do u turn at next available u turn opening.

9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Of course its possible.

Just turn on second junction.

:D

Summarising my method and all the above methods:

Let yourself decide what is going to happen. Don't let chances decide your fate. 

Inching out and praying no car is coming is quite dumb or irresponsible. Sorry, Mr Policeman reading this, but I don't think you are irresponsible.

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, ECONOMIC said:

Inching out and praying no car is coming is quite dumb or irresponsible. Sorry, Mr Policeman reading this, but I don't think you are irresponsible.

Hehe if you are saying the policeman is not irresponsible then you are saying he is dumb.

I don't think the policeman is irresponsible or dumb.

I think the training for all drivers here is not adequate.

There are so many things a driver is not trained when learning to drive.

Like blind corners. Who has been trained on blind corners?

The other is things like parallel lines. Every road has two parallel line and when they meet you have to slow down.

These are alien concepts here.

Because the training here is so basic these things happen.

image.png.a949d2cebcfa77dd8b4c06e969ca2e9e.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

On 9/4/2019 at 2:47 PM, Vid said:

I dun understand why there is still such a big loophole. No report, cannot claim. Then why should/would anyone report to insurance?

Can claim. But you need proof.

Someone rear-end my car and refused to claim liability. He never report accident or insurance.

The physical damage wasn't much (minor scratches and slightly dent and drop) but since he refused to pay, I report to insurance.

He thought without a camera, I could not show proof. Unbeknowst to him, I have the conversation of us recorded. He got OWNED and now his insurance has claimed 100% liability (Otherwise, I would report to police). He has to pay higher insurance premium for the next 3 to 5 years and these thoughts will continue to linger in him.

• Praise 4

12 hours ago, Jamesc said:

If being careful can avoid majority of accidents

Then I want to be extra careful and avoid even more accidents.

Majority might be good enough for you.

Its not good enough for me.

Maybe its different for you but being extra careful is not stressful to me at all.

Not being extra careful is stressful to me.

But I accept different people have different feelings and I accept you point of view.

But I will not be following it at all.

Being careful doesn't mean no accident.

Have you heard of the driver who was so afraid that someone will hit him from the behind that he keeps checking his rearview mirror and was being very careful.

Guess what happened?

He hit another car in front.

Heard of another case where the driver is so protective of his car that he swerved his car to avoid accident and hit the pedestrains on the pathway?

Have to be sharp and practice safe driving. Safe means humans life first, vehicle second.

Edited by Hyruga

12 hours ago, Jamesc said:

The Twin Terrors are the new road menace

and off road menace.

PHV and PMD

image.png.07d4c987f2449a90d2ebe98165241760.png

image.png

Incidentally,  PxP also start with the letter P.😄

On 9/26/2019 at 8:33 PM, 13177 said:

Even ferrari avoid altis or not still will crashed, see crash onto which car. 

Speeding in area like that - damn predictable something go wrong.  80% speeding arse driver, 20% clueless altis

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Every time you drive you need to be ultra careful and alert.

You mean sometimes you drive you not ultra careful and alert?

You really really need to be.

Accidents can happen anytime.

I practise safe driving hence have no accident claim for my car in my more than 26 years of frequent driving. What I mean by ultra careful is the outlier situation where it happens once in a blue moon. A safe driver will not 100% of the time stop more than 3m before the stop line. Do you?