Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

35 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

I practise safe driving hence have no accident claim for my car in my more than 26 years of frequent driving. What I mean by ultra careful is the outlier situation where it happens once in a blue moon. A safe driver will not 100% of the time stop more than 3m before the stop line. Do you?

you mean you ever stop 3m before STOP line ??? 

2 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

When will they learn? Maybe can fwd to ninjavan management? 

this type no give chance, just submit TP/LTA

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Othello said:

you mean you ever stop 3m before STOP line ??? 

this type no give chance, just submit TP/LTA

The only time I had to stop and crawl more than 3m before the stop line was in my earlier video when I anticipated a small transgression but was taken aback by the van's overly aggressive maneuver. This was helped partly from an earlier experience when I had to reverse despite stopping 1m before the stop line to allow a huge bus to turn so I started creeping up a distance from the stop line. There are also a couple of kinks along Willow Avenue which is unusual and requires more caution for the driver. Some drivers are less skilled or careless and from time to time do eat a little into the opposing lane while turning which I find still acceptable if they are not going too fast and the transgression is a small one which will not cause a serious accident.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:33 PM, Ysc3 said:

Oops... There goes my "tax money".... 

-> Have no sense of what yellow box means.
-> Have no sense of slowing down and let out anyone who want to filter from small roads.
-> Always have mentality that going straight have priority even traffic is stopped.
-> Motorcyclist are bigger kings, they don't even stop or slow down even entire lanes are blocked.

Didn't understand Mitsubishi guy, if he is not going to let car pass (regardless police of civilian) then how he expect him to cross as any car coming behind Mitsubishi will think it is clear to drive and will be shocked to see there is car turning ahead.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:03 AM, Jamesc said:

People like that are perpetrators who only think they are the victim.

But the problem is they don't know they are like that and should people tell them?

:D

If tell them sure have an argument and wife not happy.

If don't tell them then not their fault since if people don't know cannot blame them right?

If people don't know then how to improve?

People like that, tell also no use - They're too self-righteous and self-entitled to see the flaws. Even if they're wrong also won't admit. 

I have tried before, to tell people off, but all people want to do is argue till the cows come home, fight, just to preserve the fact that they're right. 

So no point wasting precious energy, or risking have someone else snap a video of you and posting it up in the wrong context that may throw you in a bad light. 

Its just like your MIL bro,  tell or don't tell also won't change one. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Someone shared this with me and i thought for those accident prone areas perhaps this may help a tiny tweeny weeny bit as ultimately some idiots have proven to be beyond hope on the roads and best removed from riding/driving/walking altogether 😅

Just sharing.

Safe ride

Cheers 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Someone shared this with me and i thought for those accident prone areas perhaps this may help a tiny tweeny weeny bit as ultimately some idiots have proven to be beyond hope on the roads and best removed from riding/driving/walking altogether 😅

Just sharing.

Safe ride

Cheers 

I think it's very dangerous to allow emergency vehicles to go across an active pedestrian crossing like this. Suppose we have a blind person crossing halfway? They won't know whether they've stopped in a safe zone. 

Note that blind people may not look obviously blind nowadays, and they may have a guide dog instead of a cane.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

23 minutes ago, Ronkovic said:

People like that, tell also no use - They're too self-righteous and self-entitled to see the flaws. Even if they're wrong also won't admit. 

I have tried before, to tell people off, but all people want to do is argue till the cows come home, fight, just to preserve the fact that they're right. 

So no point wasting precious energy, or risking have someone else snap a video of you and posting it up in the wrong context that may throw you in a bad light. 

Its just like your MIL bro,  tell or don't tell also won't change one. 😂

Wow you really know my MIL

8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I think it's very dangerous to allow emergency vehicles to go across an active pedestrian crossing like this. Suppose we have a blind person crossing halfway? They won't know whether they've stopped in a safe zone. 

Note that blind people may not look obviously blind nowadays, and they may have a guide dog instead of a cane.

Yes, i did wonder whether the bollards will still recede if the man had carried on walking instead.

Then it will be the ambulance doing an e-brake.

So perhaps this feature to allow a temporary pass for emergency vehicles should be deactivated or removed. In fact, i also wondered if this feature works only for all energency vehicles or any that comes charging. 

Thanks for sharing. Good point for thought.

Safe ride

Cheers  

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, ktnpl said:

I practise safe driving hence have no accident claim for my car in my more than 26 years of frequent driving. What I mean by ultra careful is the outlier situation where it happens once in a blue moon. A safe driver will not 100% of the time stop more than 3m before the stop line. Do you?

The last 5 10 feet before a stop sign I just let the car roll to a natural stop. 

If I am in very narrow lane and I saw a big truck turning I would use the brake to stop faster and give some of my lane for the truck in case he need to makan a bit. 

After the truck has passed I would move to the stop line. 

It's not I am very kind I just don't want to get clipped. 

This is only speculation and I could be wrong but the van makan your lane because you haven't reach the stop line yet. If you were already at the stop line then it's very likely he would have made a wider turn to avoid you. 

If the van really makan every lane whether got car or not when turning I think his van will have a lot more dents by now. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

Just sharing.

Safe ride

Cheers 

This will not be applicable to Singapore .

In Singapore, the bollards has to be put up at the pedestrian side .  To protect the cars against the reckless PMDs and cyclists . 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

Latest ...SG car abruptly change Kane and jam brake on MY road... MY biker hit and flew!  (from 2:55 onwards)

https://www.asiaone.com/malaysia/motorcyclist-malaysia-flung-air-after-crashing-car-driven-singaporean

Damn that looks horrible, again same shit from car driver of cannot use next exit but die die must exit without looking for incoming traffic.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

This is only speculation and I could be wrong but the van makan your lane because you haven't reach the stop line yet. If you were already at the stop line then it's very likely he would have made a wider turn to avoid you. 

If the van really makan every lane whether got car or not when turning I think his van will have a lot more dents by now.

I also think that could be the mentality of the van driver but his action is reckless as it could lead to a head-on collision considering that it is a blind corner. Both parties will not have enough reaction time by the time you sight each other's vehicle. It is stupid of the van driver as he only saved a few seconds.

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I agree.  A very simple thing would be no double green.

You cannot turn right if there is no green arrow so you cant turn right when the green man is activated.   Bukit merah already has this.

In fact you cant even turn left at traffic junctions.  It's all filter lanes with zebra crossing.

If it's not possible to create zebra crossings due to space constraints then do not allow cars to turn left at traffic junctions as well when there is the green man.  I think in Sydney all cars have to stop when the green man comes on.  So pedestrians can even walk diagonally across.  Maybe we should consider this model as well.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

It is ok under a real emergency situation, but the driver has to turn on his siren, drive across slowly to make sure no other crossing vehicles and pedestrains; not dashing across a junction this way. 

↡ Advertisement