Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

4 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

Luckily this fella didn't T bone that gem 😁

Or the bimmer that passed before it

Ya lor, or else carbon fibre shards will be all over the car park floor. Will puncture tyres of passing cars. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, Ganwb79 said:

I can't believe people are advocating that rear car is right to horn to poke front vehicle to move, if front car driver sleeping/day dreaming and didn't move for a good 5 secs ok la but to expect instant take off is a bit much. This is especially dangerous in discretionary right turns where front driver need to check clear oncoming traffic. On some right turns LTA even intentionally delay the turn signal by a few seconds. Why horn and potentially make front car gan jiong and cause accident, just to save that few secs?? 

I dont seem to see anyone is advocating that the rear car is right to honk here. But my  interpretation and my own view is, there is no need to feel so upset about  a light tap of horn from another car. Not as if he has blasted  his horn continously.   While one could choose to drive slowly, how slow is subjective , no right or wrong, the CLA didnt drive recklessly either. Is he wrong ?  

If one could easily get gan jiong by a light tap of horn from another car, I am not sure what else he would not, then better not drive, take train better.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 9

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Singapore got millions of drivers and you kenna horn by just one driver. 

And you can say I am generalising. 

Just one driver horn you and you get so worked up and need to come here and tell everyone. 

:D

If many people horn you and you come and tell everyone then we can understand it's an issue lah. 

Just one driver and it's the end of the world like that. 

The video never showed (heard) the CLA honked leh!

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

So many people drive like my MIL.

First at traffic lights always like to play handphone.

I even had to tell her its green already.

Still she don't want to faster move off until the car behind toot his horn.

Then she gets really angry and move even more slowly "to teach the impatient driver behind a lesson'"

So slow until only 3 cars cross the lights.

Her and two others. 

If all the people here move off when the lights turn green then they will never get horn lah.

And the worse is claim to move off immediately and kenna horn many times.

Some people here living in denial just like my MIL.

Might as well say I never road hog and I drive very fast on lane 1 but many cars always high beam me.

I for one, if the front car seems to be a retard, I would toot the horn! Some are dreaming, some play with the phone, and some don't know what happens around him!

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

I for one, if the front car seems to be a retard, I would toot the horn! Some are dreaming, some play with the phone, and some don't know what happens around him!

I like the new system can praise you two times in a row. 

Last time I have to praise ten different people before I can come back and praise you again. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I can think of a thousand & one reason for rear driver to horn.....

The rear driver horned maybe b'cos trying to alert the front driver that one of his rear wheel almost flat or rear door not properly closed ...   [sly]

This could have become a safety issue and the kind hearted rear driver tryingto alert the front driver.

Another reason was that the front driver brought a second hand car and the rear driver thought that his friend was driving and horning to get his attention... :we-all-gonna-die:

Former owner of front vehiclke owed "Ah Long" money and the runner (rear vehcle) spotted it and horned to get attention

Front vehicle boot never closed properly

Snake coil under the front vehicle rear axle

Petrol cap not close

Rear number dropped off

, ....  etc ...... :secret-laugh:

Once I tooted at a Transcap driver. He buay song. When he stopped before a carpark gantry, he seemed confrontational! I shouted as I passed him "tyre puncured". He then ll!

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, ktnpl said:

My interpretation is to bring the car to almost a complete stop before the stop line when the light turns red. The pocket is for moving forward only when the light for going straight is green and you are waiting for cross traffic to clear (as was the case for the opposite side).

For my previous cars without start-stop technology, I was first off the line >90% of the time compared to the cars beside me. This can only be achieved by anticipating the change in traffic lights. Sometimes the lights took longer to change and you can have false start and need to brake like those 100m race. When I looked at the rear mirror, the cars behind do not follow closely anyway so there is not much benefit of sprinting off the line. Now I am probably first off the line only 50% of the time (i.e. an average driver) possibly due to age and being more patient as well as the start-stop technology.

I admit I don't know the black and white TP handbook rule for what is the correct action when light turns red before I'm in the pocket, so that's a bit grey area to me. 

But look at this incident from another perspective, you are lucky that all you got was some incessant horning. If SCK9977D was daydreaming, inattentive, slow reaction, or chionging to beat the light, you would probably get rear ended. No prizes for guessing which is worse. Unless you planning to scrap and hoot new car liao😁

If you already know how to anticipate the change in traffic lights, then it shouldn't be a stretch to factor in the time taken for ASS to start up your engine again. Therefore ASS should have no effect on time taken to move off the line.

1 sec to react to lights change + 1 sec for ASS + 1 sec to check clear + 1 sec to slowly accelerate across the junction = not an insignificant amount of time lost. Not to mention this is compounded by each driver in the queue. Good luck to the guy at the end. No need to sprint off the line, but there should be some urgency lah. Maybe not much benefit to you, but benefits to everyone behind you. To me it is about simple civic minded-ness.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:11 PM, Hamburger said:

Passengers who know me will always hear me say the same thing after I parallel parked. 

Why the lot draw until so big, no challenge at all.

Bro, few days ago I backside itchy, go and try parallel park in front of this million dollar SUV. (with minimal gap in front and behind):grin::grin: SHIOK![sunny]

My wife said I bo liao, just to park, stop, take photo and move on within <1 min...:lll._.:

SGIez7q.jpg

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 10

16 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I like the new system can praise you two times in a row. 

Last time I have to praise ten different people before I can come back and praise you again. 

Ya, me too. Sometimes get damn fed up that you could not praise the poster again. 

• Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Bro, few days ago I backside itchy, go and try parallel park in front of this million dollar SUV. (with minimal gap in front and behind):grin::grin: SHIOK![sunny]

My wife said I bo liao, just to park, stop, take photo and move on within <1 min...:lll._.:

SGIez7q.jpg

Wah your silver Rolls Royce very nice hor. 

And not easy to park such a big car in a normal size lot. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Ganwb79 said:

I can't believe people are advocating that rear car is right to horn to poke front vehicle to move, if front car driver sleeping/day dreaming and didn't move for a good 5 secs ok la but to expect instant take off is a bit much. This is especially dangerous in discretionary right turns where front driver need to check clear oncoming traffic. On some right turns LTA even intentionally delay the turn signal by a few seconds. Why horn and potentially make front car gan jiong and cause accident, just to save that few secs?? 

I read all the posts ano no one is saying that. 

However what I did read is the change from I am always the first one move off when green to I am only the first one 50% of the time due to start stop, getting old, false starts and changes in the traffic light timing. 

Maybe if we read more we will get I am always last off the line due to stupid start stop lah, getting old lah, too many false starts lah and the stupid changes in the traffic light timing. 

Slowly slowly the truth comes out. 

Cannot be if always first off when green always get horn lah. 

There are a lot of bad drivers but this one cannot be lah. 

Move off so fast where got people want to horn. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 3

13 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Though RR your MIL one ... :ninja:

My family not so rich lah but you know how much I love my MIL I am saving to give her one last ride in a Rolls Royce. 

images.jpeg

• Haha! 4

Twincharged
32 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

My family not so rich lah but you know how much I love my MIL I am saving to give her one last ride in a Rolls Royce. 

images.jpeg

Do it in New zealand and you can get a free ride there! 

• Praise 1