Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

2 hours ago, Fitvip said:

The video never showed (heard) the CLA honked leh!

My car insulation must be good. If you turn up the volume, you can hear a double horn after my car left the stop line. The horning is repeated at the next junction but I have yet to upload part 2 of the video.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Let me guess, PHV..........again...

..........drunken PHV.

No see any PHV sticker on the windscreen le?!

• Praise 1

Twincharged
22 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Let me guess, PHV..........again...

..........drunken PHV.

No decal leh.... Maybe follow GPS again lor.... 😂 😂 

2 hours ago, boonhat_91 said:

1 sec to react to lights change + 1 sec for ASS + 1 sec to check clear + 1 sec to slowly accelerate across the junction = not an insignificant amount of time lost. Not to mention this is compounded by each driver in the queue. Good luck to the guy at the end. No need to sprint off the line, but there should be some urgency lah. Maybe not much benefit to you, but benefits to everyone behind you. To me it is about simple civic minded-ness.

It takes only about 1 second to move off from the stop line including reaction time and stop-start. The next car will also take another second to move off to maintain a safe distance. If everyone does this, it is smooth yet safe.

To anticipate the change in light, I try to look at the traffic light for the cross traffic to turn red and count two seconds but those at some locations such as small junctions are not visible. Sometimes the traffic light's timing is erratic hence you see cars moving forward then stop.

What I mean is it does not benefit the traffic flow if no one sprints other than yourself. It still benefit me as I can joke that the rest cannot even smell my car's exhaust (pi bo yan in hokkien).

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

My car insulation must be good. If you turn up the volume, you can hear a double horn after my car left the stop line. The horning is repeated at the next junction but I have yet to upload part 2 of the video.

if he had honked at you at the subsequent junction, then i wouldnt say he is correct anymore.  if you  didnt do anything to have  displeased him along the way or in between, then he must be quite impatience. 

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Singapore got millions of drivers and you kenna horn by just one driver. 

And you can say I am generalising. 

Just one driver horn you and you get so worked up and need to come here and tell everyone. 

:D

If many people horn you and you come and tell everyone then we can understand it's an issue lah. 

Just one driver and it's the end of the world like that. 

You are generalising because you said no one will horn at you if you move off promptly but your statement is untrue.

It is precisely because it is a black swan event hence I posted it. Better than hearing someone mentioning MIL in bad taste in every other post.

Who says it is the end of the world. You are exaggerating it and it is in bad taste again.

34 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

if he had honked at you at the subsequent junction, then i wouldnt say he is correct anymore.  if you  didnt do anything to have  displeased him along the way or in between, then he must be quite impatience. 

You are right, first time I was confused by his action but second time it gets really irritating to be at the receiving end for no reason. Both times he horned at me after my car has moved off. For the second incident, there was a one second delay but this is quite common at small junctions as I could not see the traffic light for the cross traffic to anticipate the change in light. On hindsight I could have moved off when the blue car stopped but it might be risky. For this second incident, I stopped for a second to check and take note of the time after being horned at twice in a row by the same driver.

Edited by ktnpl

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Singapore got millions of drivers and you kenna horn by just one driver. 

And you can say I am generalising. 

Just one driver horn you and you get so worked up and need to come here and tell everyone. 

:D

If many people horn you and you come and tell everyone then we can understand it's an issue lah. 

Just one driver and it's the end of the world like that. 

In actual facts, I had experience such incident before. :lll._.:

One impatient taxi driver who was behind me at traffic red light junction at Holland Road x North Buona Vista. The moment the traffic light turns 'green', he press his taxi horn. Ok, I accept that cos maybe he accidentally press the horn button.

Upon reaching the next traffic red light junction of Holland Rd x Holland Ave. He did the same thing. The moment it turn 'green' and just 1 second, he pressed his taxi horn again. Even it turn green and one needs to lift up the right foot from the brake to accelerate was around 2 seconds. This time I was real mad. [mad]

Upon reaching the next red light junction of Holland Road x Farrer Road turning right to Queensway. The taxi was still behind me and very closed. He did the same when traffic light turned 'green'.

This time I was cool. [cool]

I off my engine, turned on my hazard lights, come down from my vehicle & walk to the rear. Bend down to look at my exhaust pipe, rear tyres, bumper and side mudguards. Than I walk to the taxi uncle and asked him, "you trying to tell me something wrong with my vehicle with your horning at every junctions?" He look at me blurr and said no. Then asked, do you know me ? and if not why you keep horning at me ?. He didn't answer ...

Walk back to my vehicle and by that time, the traffic light turned red again.

In my heart, you want to go fast right, now you have to wait for the light to turn green again. As it was a major three-way junctions, at least taxi uncle have to wait 90 seconds (1 & 1/2 minutes) :a-happy:

This is the only way to teach the bugger behind with proper & cool manner .... [:p]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 9

14 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

One impatient taxi driver who was behind me at traffic red light junction at Holland Road x North Buona Vista. The moment the traffic light turns 'green', he press his taxi horn. Ok, I accept that cos maybe he accidentally press the horn button.

Upon reaching the next traffic red light junction of Holland Rd x Holland Ave. He did the same thing. The moment it turn 'green' and just 1 second, he pressed his taxi horn again. Even it turn green and one needs to lift up the right foot from the brake to accelerate was around 2 seconds. This time I was real mad. [mad]

Upon reaching the next red light junction of Holland Road x Farrer Road turning right to Queensway. The taxi was still behind me and very closed. He did the same when traffic light turned 'green'.

I off my engine, turned on my hazard lights, come down from my vehicle & walk to the rear. Bend down to look at my exhaust pipe, rear tyres, bumper and side mudguards. Than I walk to the taxi uncle and asked him, "you trying to tell me something wrong with my vehicle with your horning at every junctions?" He look at me blurr and said no. Then asked, do you know me ? and if not why you keep horning at me ?. He didn't answer ...

In my heart, you want to go fast right, now you have to wait for the light to turn green again. As it was a major three-way junctions, at least taxi uncle have to wait 90 seconds (1 & 1/2 minutes) :a-happy:

This is the only way to teach the bugger behind with proper & cool manner .... [:p]

👍 I would have done something similar too if it is 3 times in a row by the same driver. During anthropology class, we learnt that meekness begets repeated bad treatment. If you stand up once, the offending party will stop bullying and learn to respect you. Sad but true.

Edited by ktnpl
  • Praise 2

51 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

You are right, first time I was confused by his action but second time it gets really irritating to be at the receiving end for no reason. Both times he horned at me after my car has moved off. For the second incident, there was a one second delay but this is quite common at small junctions as I could not see the traffic light for the cross traffic to anticipate the change in light. On hindsight I could have moved off when the blue car stopped but it might be risky. For this second incident, I stopped for a second to check and take note of the time after being horned at twice in a row by the same driver.

Can see he was impatience from the second video.  the longer honk was because you champ brake, your girl fiend also commented can go.  Move on please, dont waste breath with such driver.

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I hardly ever or nearly never used my horn, but I personally think what the CLA did was  not offensive, he just tapped on his horn lightly twice to signal the cam car to move, I guess he was afraid the arrow will turn off soon. The way he drove was  not aggressive and not tailgating too closely.  It appeared like he honked at cam car twice was because the front and rear cam  videos were repeating ? Just move on and nothing to feel so upset with the CLA. Or maybe I am too numb ? 

Yup I don’t find it offensive too.

• Praise 2

53 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

I think majority taxi drivers are impatience de. Guess they permanently place their hand on the horn, thats why they can horn at others road user so fast like within 1 second! Lol. So make sure you horn loud and long at them whenever you are behind of them and see them without moving off within 1 sec or anyhow stop or change lane.

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, ktnpl said:

Lexus insulation confirm good 🤣

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, ktnpl said:

Ok this one to me is offensive. Too impatient.

• Praise 3

48 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Ok this one to me is offensive. Too impatient.

To me cam driver deserved to be honked.

Move off suddenĺy stop again. Cam car might be save from rear ended, but the 3rd car might hit the merc.

To me that's lousy and inconsiderate driving.

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 1