Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

The funniest thing to me is the irony.

A jam brake person posted a video in a thread called Singapore Reckless Drivers.

It was not his intention but the video show he is a reckless driver because he played jam brake.

:D

When he posted the video it never occurred to him that he would be shown to be the exact subject of the title.

Another stupid post from you. I braked gently and roll forward a bit in reaction to the loud horn when my car was moving. If you are too thick, let me put it simply for you. Don't horn unnecessarily if you want to have smooth flowing traffic. Also go and study some anthropology lessons on the reason behind it which I had posted earlier.

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

This jam brake person reminds me so much of the yoga teacher.

Both also got attitude problem and both also post their video thinking everyone will take their side.

They suddenly become so surprise when people have a different view to them.

And both also cannot accept it and both also insist they are right.

:D

Both also like my MIL. So much like her.

A healthy debate is fine. Many have given constructive comments (like whether we should move forward to the turning pocket when the light is red) but definitely not stupid comments without understanding the context or seeing the entirety of the episodes. If you see me punch your face, I am no angel but hey you gave me a slap in the first instance. I am NOT an angel who will give you the other face to slap. You may become a in-law one day and be cursed to have a future SIL who badmouth you in a public forum. I hope nobody gets a sick SIL like you who keeps badmouthing the parents of your wife.

9 hours ago, SuPerBoRed said:

It peeved you enough to go tru the hassle of getting and uploading the video... n u can say u didn’t braked hard a 2nd time? Even the lady can see coast is clear and say can go wat. Small tap of horn is reminder. Long tap is warn you of danger. somebody tap a horn at u on expressway. pls brake hard immediately coz you need to check danger around you...  What u thinking when u braked hard..  you know better. He impatient.. granted. You tried to proof a point. Case close. move on no need to act like angel after that. You shared his carplate to public forum.. how abt sharing yours as well let other people decide if u r really an angel like u claim u are?

Dont mean to sound judggemental, but wouldnt it be easier if the wife /  girlfren drove instead of cam car driver.

The GF seems to have better EQ and road sense in this instance.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Fitvip said:

I find your explanation strange! My observation is tit-for -tat.

If the person keep horning it is only basic courtesy to acknowledge it. Ok, this first statement is tongue in cheek. But seriously, I did check for his gestures. There could be something he wants to tell me. It could be something wrong with the car or something I am missing. It could also be an invitation to race legally to how fast the car can reach the speed limit from the start line. Of course one of the reason to stop is to piss him off if he has no good intentions. But don't discount it, there are some who horn for good reasons, for example, your boot is open or bumper is loose. It is correct to stop to check if there is repeated horning. That's my perspective and how I deal with it. No absolute right or wrong.

• Dislike 1

Other than safe following distance, tapping the brake progressively is a technique to give more reaction time to the car behind if there is a need to stop.

I am still wondering whether it is correct to move forward to the turning pocket when the light is red. I know the thinking behind the pocket is for the turning vehicle to move forward to have a clearer view of cross traffic when the light is green. It is not so clear-cut when the light is red.

• Praise 1

Judging from your 2 videos,

We can all determine your driving competance is not only very low level,

But when people horn you, instead of waking up your bloody ideas, your ego gets so big you chut all kinds of pattern to get back at anyone who horns u.

Even to the extend of uploading all these self pwn videos and trying to shame the people who horn you, which fortunately, backfired, hahaha.

Please try to improve your driving, or at least improve your attitude or your brain.

Before that, please don't drive la, you're just not cut out for it. As another member mentioned earlier, the lady beside you obviously could handle it better than you.

• Praise 6
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Mr_b20 said:

But when people horn you, instead of waking up your bloody ideas, your ego gets so big you chut all kinds of pattern to get back at anyone who horns u.

Even to the extend of uploading all these self pwn videos and trying to shame the people who horn you, which fortunately, backfired, hahaha.

Please try to improve your driving, or at least improve your attitude or your brain.

Before that, please don't drive la, you're just not cut out for it. As another member mentioned earlier, the lady beside you obviously could handle it better than you.

there still is hope.. can learn the right way of driving from his better half as she seems to know what is the right and proper way of driving.

Not to late to admit a mistake and move on.

• Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, ktnpl said:

If the person keep horning it is only basic courtesy to acknowledge it. Ok, this first statement is tongue in cheek. But seriously, I did check for his gestures. There could be something he wants to tell me. It could be something wrong with the car or something I am missing. It could also be an invitation to race legally to how fast the car can reach the speed limit from the start line. Of course one of the reason to stop is to piss him off if he has no good intentions. But don't discount it, there are some who horn for good reasons, for example, your boot is open or bumper is loose. It is correct to stop to check if there is repeated horning. That's my perspective and how I deal with it. No absolute right or wrong.

If i suggest that it is good to cool down and not be so agitated when comments dun sit well with u, will u?

Watched both parts of the video. You met one impatient and idiotic driver that day. And the bad news is, he's not the only one.

No need to let yourself go thru the same incident for like, the 3rd day liao? 

U posted to share your views and to warn us to look out for this VRN.

Thank u for sharing your encounter. I have a habit of not looking out for any VRN but will treat each ride like it's a loose nut.

If this driver is so impatient and likes to move off fastest from a traffic junction the second green light is on, his match will be one from the other direction who doesn't believe in stopping on a red light.

Wise to let it pass liao. Not only this type of driver on the roads, got many with patterns more than badminton. 

Must drive defensively ya. Treat every road users as idiots. Remember that car cams are double edged swords too. 

And as a bro here often will remind, no point being right but (end up) dead. I will add this to his advice : no point carrying this peeve when that idiotic driver probably peed away that day's acts by now and forgotten he even met your ride. 

Peace 

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 8

11 minutes ago, Mr_b20 said:

well bro, forum is a place where many come and give their pov and certainly not wanting to change one's perspective or bahaviour.

He said his piece and few rebutted it. So lets not honk anymore and move on..........

• Praise 5

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

because the kind soul has posted  his encounter on the social media, the police cannot ignore the case any more. Kudos to the cam car guy! 

Now that is a worthy "Road Vigilante" 👍

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

well bro, forum is a place where many come and give their pov and certainly not wanting to change one's perspective or bahaviour.

He said his piece and few rebutted it. So lets not honk anymore and move on..........

how different can our interpretation be from the Cam Driver. Obviously alot. What is interesting here is the one closest to the actual situation also finds the driving, lack of a better word, "can go liao" also reinforce the confused state of mind.

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

how different can our interpretation be from the Cam Driver. Obviously alot. What is interesting here is the one closest to the actual situation also finds the driving, lack of a better word, "can go liao" also reinforce the confused state of mind.

No. The "can go liao" was not because he was slow, it was because he stepped on his brake intentionally. 

In summary, he was a little slow, safe yes but a little slow, no big deal. But no big deal for the CLA to tap on the horn lightly too. But when the CLA tapped on the horn at the second junction, he stepped on his brake, that caused the CLA to  blast his horn longer.  Unable to comment on in between the video if there was intentional slow down, because we dont get to see.  

He can improve his driving a bit, no rush but quicken up slightly. And he may want to change his way  in sharing roads with other users, be more considerate. One more and,.. no need to be so petty. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

The "confused" part was the first incident. The video you heard my wife (she has no driving licence) was the second one when she was helping to look out for cross traffic from the left because the front passenger has a better view of the left. I stopped for a reason. Partly I am no angel who will not let others poke me twice. I also wanted to discourage others from such unnecessary horning and shame the C180 driver instead of confronting on the road which is unsafe.

I think it is ok to give a short toot after 3 seconds if the car in front is stationary and preferably by the car immediately behind the first car. Horning unnecessarily will lead to chaos.

Those who comment on my driving are kettle calling the pot black and needs to get their head checked. Learn to differentiate between cause and effect as well as the desired outcome.

6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

He can improve his driving a bit, no rush but quicken up slightly. And he may want to change his way  in sharing roads with other users, be more considerate. One more and,.. no need to be so petty. 

IMHO, it is unhealthy to keep things bottled up and pretend to be an angel when I am not. I know some will try to let it go but the message would not have got through. It is a better alternative than getting involved in a road rage.

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Yes, that was what I was trying to put across but more precisely, let's not anyhow horn as it may make matters worse. We must still horn for constructive reasons like warning of danger, loose bumper, boot open, forgot to turn on lights at night, etc.

Edited by ktnpl

Supercharged
15 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Any news of the BMW rider who bang into the back of the car, report calculated he was doing 180km/h... 

Flew off and became BikerMan 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3