Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

Twincharged
57 minutes ago, commonjunks said:

In these day mentality is force others to cross while it is turning amber so they can also rush through the traffic light.
There is something seriously wrong these day when all bigger lorry keep getting away with blind spot excuse, motorcyclist is p plate so she made decision to stop while traffic light is amber but truck driver was not paying any attention whatsoever (i wonder if he was really going to stop as he was speeding, reaching junction and traffic light was turning red)?

I am guessing the tipper last minute lane change. 

↡ Advertisement

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Police should have arrested him at the car park and take a breathaliser test.

Last time my ex-boss also same same. Nearly got into an accident with a lady driver. Lady driver says he drink driving and poh Mata. 

He hack care and drove home quickly and pour a few beers away and left the empty cans. When mata arrived later and say he was drink driving he say only drink when got home. Mata boh pian, only kenna warning. 

But the law finally caught up with him. Dis time road block.. 😁

Edited by Hoseyboh
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 5

It will be good if all heavy vehicles, buses and PMDs are mandated to have active safety systems such as pre-collision system. They need it more than our cars.

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Last time my ex-boss also same same. Nearly got into an accident with a lady driver. Lady driver says he drink driving and poh Mata. 

He hack care and drove home quickly and pour a few beers away and left the empty cans. When mata arrived later and say he was drink driving he say only drink when got home. Mata boh pian, only kenna warning. 

But the law finally caught up with him. Dis time road block.. 😁

I heard this trick some time back :XD:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Any reason to suspect his driving skill?

The main cause (according to him) is the start-stop technology lah! (Do people driving cars with the same tech facing the same problem? Then this tech should not have been incorporated into the car!)

I have no money to drive high tech car like this, does the start stop really have a 1 sec delay? I sat in my friends car,  I dont feel any delay but maybe I didnt know his foot was already on the accelerator pedal for 1 sec ?   can someone share your experience ? nothing to do with TS  post in this case. thanks . 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

This one the biker dunno heng or sway.... 

The f$#king lorry so big and heavy but still want to beat red light. The bike is so careless that he stopped without checking what is coming from behind. Even when i drive, I would do that.

• Haha! 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:30 AM, Sx4falcon said:

Near the end of the video, the he tried to play breaking game. I just tapped on my front cam a few time to let him know he is recorded, and he kwai kwai drive normally.

my 1 cents observations

SKX1434T an a-hole for trying repeatedly to force his way in front of you, although he desperately needs to be in left lane as he is also going ECP Changi direction. I will say at least he filtered to left lane early, rather than trying this stunt only at the chevrons.

Is there a vehicle close behind you? Such that SKX1434T thought it might not be viable to filter in behind you? When you moved off at the traffic light, were you flooring it? Thus unintentionally pacing SKX1434T - because if he intended to overtake you from the start, he should accelerate harder from the traffic light. Otherwise, SKX1434T is a noob - want to overtake but don't dare step harder. (Unless you are driving a performance car lah, where even feathering the throttle can accelerate you as fast as a Ody on WOT 😅)

After the first horning, you should have 1) close the gap swiftly and decisively and let him filter behind you, or 2) let off the pedal and let him filter in front of you. Basically be defensive and anticipate that he will try again. Of course, there is a number 3) SKX1434T can slow down and filter behind you, but here we can only discuss your actions further. IMO, I can see why SKX1434T get pissed off - it's like you don't want to let him filter in front of you yet you don't close the gap and let him filter behind you. Still, no excuse for his behaviour..I revert to option number 3).

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

my 1 cents observations

SKX1434T an a-hole for trying repeatedly to force his way in front of you, although he desperately needs to be in left lane as he is also going ECP Changi direction. I will say at least he filtered to left lane early, rather than trying this stunt only at the chevrons.

Is there a vehicle close behind you? Such that SKX1434T thought it might not be viable to filter in behind you? When you moved off at the traffic light, were you flooring it? Thus unintentionally pacing SKX1434T - because if he intended to overtake you from the start, he should accelerate harder from the traffic light. Otherwise, SKX1434T is a noob - want to overtake but don't dare step harder. (Unless you are driving a performance car lah, where even feathering the throttle can accelerate you as fast as a Ody on WOT 😅)

After the first horning, you should have 1) close the gap swiftly and decisively and let him filter behind you, or 2) let off the pedal and let him filter in front of you. Basically be defensive and anticipate that he will try again. Of course, there is a number 3) SKX1434T can slow down and filter behind you, but here we can only discuss your actions further. IMO, I can see why SKX1434T get pissed off - it's like you don't want to let him filter in front of you yet you don't close the gap and let him filter behind you. Still, no excuse for his behaviour..I revert to option number 3).

yeah, if there was no vehicles behind, then the honda should have filtered behind. such an arse for trying to squeeze.

however if it was jammed packed behind, then let him pass lor.

• Praise 3

55 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I have no money to drive high tech car like this, does the start stop really have a 1 sec delay? I sat in my friends car,  I dont feel any delay but maybe I didnt know his foot was already on the accelerator pedal for 1 sec ?   can someone share your experience ? nothing to do with TS  post in this case. thanks . 

I drive the same car as him. Yes typically 0.5s to 1s at most for me cos after I lift off, I will let engine restart and rpm settle down then I move off.

but so far I never kena honked.

or if I wanna chiong off, I will turn my steering a little to start the engine without lifting my foot off the brake 

• Praise 6

4 hours ago, ktnpl said:

Sure, if it is constructive and not shallow or dismissive. There are many good alternative views posted by some forummers. I am still curious to know whether the seasoned drivers here will move forward to the turning pocket when the light is red.

I personally think it is not wrong to slow down or stop as it is indeed a need to stop before the green arrow lit up but one can pace it well so not to come to a total stop in that 1 sec to trigger a honk. Those who are not familiar with the junction have to beware as the green arrow might not lit up or came flashing (also cannot cross if not fast enough). Dont think you are wrong to begin with, but just take a step back, chill and dont read any more reply. 

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

I am guessing the tipper last minute lane change. 

I think the tipper actually was hoping to chiong, but last min saw the bike stopped liao, so tipper had to jam brake... Then either tyre botak so vehicle skidded to right, or he intentionally steered right a bit in a bid to avoid knocking onto the bike (out of good intention), deciding that the van can take any impact better than the bike -- but still ended up knocking the bike, albeit not very impactful, luckily...

• Praise 2

52 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

yeah, if there was no vehicles behind, then the honda should have filtered behind. such an arse for trying to squeeze.

however if it was jammed packed behind, then let him pass lor.

alternatively, the Odyssey could just floor the pedal to overtake  cam car, unless cam car continue to pace him. But when driving on the road, can give way just give way, no need to fight till face so red. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

5 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

so which mata kenna bua butter for being lazy?

cannot blame mata.. even they are confuse..

I kanna a PMD incident.. I ask TP, they tell me PMD not under them , please look for LTA..

I email LTA about the incident with PMD, they tell me traffic offence, please look for TP, LTA only PMD vehicle issue..???

In the end, I send to Perm Sec who is listed on the gov website and CC the relevant department head. Straight away got reply .. and even a "frendly" call

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

half a sec delay.. for clutch / gear to kick in.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

So, it is absolutely right to stop where you are?

I think have to give it a rest.. there are no winners or loser in this discussion.. maybe main losers are those trying to justify what is norm behaviour...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, boonhat_91 said:

my 1 cents observations

I concur this Ody is not only an a-hole but a bloody f-ing a-hole who dont give a F to any traffic regulation.

1st - he did NOT signal

2nd - think by inching his way left, others will know his intention and give way

3rd - play punk by swerving when he didnt get his way 

4th - brake check even after he gets his way

Next time want to change lane and know its a short distance to do so just rev up when green light so have enough space to change lah. Driving also need to plan for the route and form up on the lane earlier if knowing the traffic is gonna be heavy. Cam driver @Sx4falcon should just report him as till now he would have thought he got no wrong. 

• Praise 6

7 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

I concur this Ody is not only an a-hole but a bloody f-ing a-hole who dont give a F to any traffic regulation.

1st - he did NOT signal

2nd - think by inching his way left, others will know his intention and give way

3rd - play punk by swerving when he didnt get his way 

4th - brake check even after he gets his way

Next time want to change lane and know its a short distance to do so just rev up when green light so have enough space to change lah. Driving also need to plan for the route and form up on the lane earlier if knowing the traffic is gonna be heavy. Cam driver @Sx4falcon should just report him as till now he would have thought he got no wrong. 

I played with one such a-hole many years back. Was along Clementi ave6 heading towards pie. He did the same stunt of inching towards me when I’m on extreme left lane. There was absolutely no cars behind us and he die die must cut in front of me without signaling. 

Of course I forced him out. Was driving an old clunker and floored it, playing chicken with him. In the end he kwai Kwai filtered behind me. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, boonhat_91 said:

my 1 cents observations

I just accelerate gently. Didn't floor it. I also didn't speed up after the first horn. Just maintaining the speed. If he had accelerate and go forward, I would just let it be. But he didn't speed up and just keep inching in. That made me horn him again. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2