Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread VII

RadX

16 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

With regards to the honking incident, can we move on? I think all involved have learnt something, just that from a different perspective.

@ktnpl might not be 100% right, but neither was he 100% wrong in both incidents. Perceptually, some may see him as moving off too slowly, but given the recent surge in cases of fatality / serious injury caused by vehicles beating red light, I see nothing wrong with his "slower" moment.

I do agree that there is no need for him to "pause for a while" when he was honk by the other vehicle in the 2nd video. But touch our heart, how many have NEVER done that in your years of driving, be it braking intentionally, honking at slower moving vehicle and such?

948842baa3_1479425727622.jpg

So far I've abstained from responding to that fellow's posts because his behaviour makes me damn angry. But I'll tell you, touch whatever body part you want also, in the extremely rare instances I've been caught napping, I have *never* intentionally braked or slowed down because someone honked me from behind at a light. The least I've done is ignore it and drive normally. The most I've done is stick my hand up (even out of the window) to say sorry. I *have* honked at vehicles apparently dreaming at the lights. No one has responded the way this guy did. 

We can't control what others do, but we sure as heck can control how we react to them. 

Not only acting like a twat on the road when somebody happened to lightly honk him, but also to post videos online - to me, that shows an extreme level of small-minded vindictiveness and self-righteousness. 

*Now*, I'm ready to move on. But I bet there's going to be arguments coming directly my way which I'll have to address because clearly, some people can't let things go. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 7

16 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I drive the same car as him. Yes typically 0.5s to 1s at most for me cos after I lift off, I will let engine restart and rpm settle down then I move off.

but so far I never kena honked.

or if I wanna chiong off, I will turn my steering a little to start the engine without lifting my foot off the brake 

Whenever i drive RWD car, i usually use parking brake to hold the car at traffic light.

With parking brake on (after lifting foot off the brake), will car restart?

46 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Whenever i drive RWD car, i usually use parking brake to hold the car at traffic light.

With parking brake on (after lifting foot off the brake), will car restart?

Your parking brake is electronic or hand brake? I think once your foot off the pedal, car will restart.. maybe if put in Park and foot off the brake with handbrake, start/stop will activate also

On 10/15/2019 at 9:26 AM, Ysc3 said:

Avoiding erp?? 😂 😂 

Police arrested the driver for drunk driving. So most likely is to avoid road block. Maybe along the way, suddenly saw road block infront. Because there is no small road to turn and exit. The driver quick thinking and go mount kerb, up grass and hide between the mrt track, hopping that TP do not notice that car.. That's what is my thinking what could had happened. 

• Haha! 2

15 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

I would have let him in the begining if he had signalled his intention. But he didn't signal and I also don't know whether is he coming in or just drifted unknowingly into my lane.

Also even if he had signalled, I won't be able to see also. He is half car length before me. His front or rear signal were all out of my sight.

he is jus another self entitled driver. wan to enter pple lane yet no etiquette to even put signal. just send to TP and forget about it.  

38 minutes ago, Othello said:

the bike also 2F2F hor 

The PMD is Champion Level [nod]

I think the bike was trying to video the PMD that's all ,  I choose to think that he is not a reckless rider. But  if possible,  I would like him to aim his cam slightly higher , this clip is causing me a tendency lift my head higher. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Maybe I got to get one of these super pmds ... bring it with me when I go to China and use it there ! I don't dare to drive there... But I think I might be more confident with a pmd there. 

↡ Advertisement